• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection Coming Dec 5 to PS4 / XBO

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/1/16593078/telltale-the-walking-dead-collection-ps4-xbox-one

The collection, which will include a visual upgrade for previous seasons, will be released Dec. 5 digitally and on disc. It will be priced at $49.99.

The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series Collection will include seasons one, two and three (A New Frontier) as well as the anthology 400 Days and the three-part Michonne mini-series. Telltale offered a peek at the visual upgrade coming to earlier seasons and included side-by-side comparison shots, which you can check out in the gallery below.

side_by_side_drug_store.jpg

side_by_side_sandra.jpg

side_by_side_walkers.jpg

MoogleMan

Common practice these days. I remember laughing at the Ori and the Blind Forest devs wanting me to pay for it again in the "Definitive Edition"

Yep. As much as I loved ori, that was some straight up bullshit.

'Thanks for supporting our game day one! As thanks, here's a content complete, definitive edition! That you have to pay for..."

The whole "complete/definitive" edition nonsense we typically see these days as gamers has only taught me one thing: for most games, WAIT. You'll play the game later, but you'll pay less.

It would be really nice for games to ship content complete day one, but there's no way to milk consumers in that case.

Ombra

I guess i'm having trouble understanding the beef here. You knew this game was going to have more parts, these parts take a while to conplete, whatever you bought at that time was the definitive edition to date. It shouldn't have to be explicitly stated that this is the case, its kind of a given.

ottlord

Neo Member
After watching the trailer and looking at those screenshots i don't see a reason to buy those games again. The colors in some scenes are totally different than in the original and i quite liked the look they had. The comparison is also very weird. My game looked more like this:

Hostile_18

Banned
It must be a free update... or the entry's must have separate trophy lists?

I can't see it been exclusive to this edition but if it was that would be absolutely awful and put me off buying any future product of theirs again (but I don't believe this to be the case so pitch forks down).

radewagon

Meh... Couldn't really get into it. Something about the Adventure Game genre and how boring the gameplay is. I miss the days when Adventure Games were funny. It's like they knew it wasn't a particularly engaging way to create a game so they added humor to make up for it.

I'd rather Telltale give us a Sam and Max Collection. And bundle it with a new Sam and Max game.

Also, those before pictures look.... not representative of the actual product.

some of the upgrades are nice, textures and models for example, but im not feeling the lighting at all. prefer the orig lighting much more.

dont think im going to dip in though, did TWD S1&2, and Tales of The Borderlands, really burnt out on telltale in general

if im going to play an interactive narrative i'd rather a Supermassive game or more Until Dawn

Nimoy

Neo Member
I loved Walking Dead season 1 & 2, but after S3 & Michonne, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy...I think I'm done with this type of game. Maybe I'm just sick of them since there have been so many lately but the quality of the stories seems to have dropped significantly & no one is buying these for the gameplay.

StickyFox

Neo Member
I honestly don't comprehend how the existing versions of The Walking Dead on PS4 will co-exist with this collection, what with the upgrades and all. Unless they get patched eventually I just find it odd, there's there is an 'improved' version you have to pay for.

netguy503

No plat for Season 2, no buy. Please fix that mistake Telltale and have the trophy lists separate and not one list for 3 games. If it's coming out in December I may "buy" it with best buy's "buy 2, get 1 free" (with GCU stacking).

Faenix1

I can't get behind devs that release an upgraded version and then expect you to pay for the entire game again. I mean, I'd probably be down with a small "upgrade fee" but expecting us to pay full price rubs me the wrong way - every time.

Need season 3 so hopefully this hits $15-$20 sooner than later. Though not sure I can play Season 1/2 for a third/fourth time.. but hey. lol

Marvel

could never
I'll def grab this, but when it goes on sale. Looking forward to it though, never did finish the final game.

Hostile_18

Banned
So many bigger games offer the upgrade for free; Witcher 1 and 2, Dying Light, Rocket League etc.

Imagine if you had to buy a game again because it was the only way to get a significant patch.. there would be uproar.

BTHR Zero X

Sorry for the double post, but I had to go back to see if it did look as bad as the screen shot they posted.

and funny enough it isn't, this screen shot is direct from the PS4 Version.

Yes the colour is gloomier but the resolution and textures are not as bad as they say and show for the older one at all, maybe in the Vita Version but not the PS4 one.

Opiepsn

Neo Member
Performance should be targeted when it comes to these titles, I never found myself wishing for sharper resolution or textures.

But to have dropped frames and delayed camera cuts in what is essentially an interactive movie just isn't fun.

ottlord

Neo Member
Sorry for the double post, but I had to go back to see if it did look as bad as the screen shot they posted.

and funny enough it isn't, this screen shot is direct from the PS4 Version.

Yes the colour is gloomier but the resolution and textures are not as bad as they say and show for the older one at all, maybe in the Vita Version but not the PS4 one.

I am still amazed by this deception. That video is for the new PS4/XB1 collection and so why would they use vita footage?

Top Bottom