• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The weirdest Fashion and runway trends ever concieved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Or " the inner machinations of a fashion designers head are an enigma .(for me )"

i freely admit i am not a guy who follows fashion shows , but is it just me or are some of these fashion designers completely crazy ?

There are so many design out there where you just have to think: WTF was the designer smoking ?

Just a quick google fu and i found these :

ampf9D5.jpg

iQepZbv.jpg

C6jq78A.jpg

v58p68w.jpg

p5ZV30O.jpg

0J1gZOp.jpg

CDbo3W9.jpg

KfvmxTt.jpg

I mean ...i can't even ...

Any other weird one's out there ?

Lock if needed .

Kraftwerk

'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

Carry on, plebs.

Koomaster

'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of stuff.

Carry on, plebs.
Brava!

.GqueB.

Banned

Carry on, plebs.

Dat Meryl Streep Ether.

I hadn't seen much of her work at that point (still haven't honestly) and I remember thinking "wow she's a pretty good actress" after that monologue, Lol

Alucrid

Banned

Carry on, plebs.

Might as well ban Mac since he no longer has anything to give us

Laekon

Carry on, plebs.

Except those colors are selected not by design houses but by industry groups and pushed by complicit media. Groups like Cotton Inc have top colors picked out years in advance. Fashion houses and designers get so much credit for crap they have nothing to do with. It's a total marketing driven industry where the product quality and features have nothing to do with the retail price.

Alucrid

Banned
Except those colors are selected not by design houses but by industry groups and pushed by complicit media. Groups like Cotton Inc have top colors picked out years in advance. Fashion houses and designers get so much credit for crap they have nothing to do with. It's a total marketing driven industry where the product quality and features have nothing to do with the retail price.
This is why I only buy neoprene

Carry on, plebs.

Is this Kanye?

Ahasverus

Carry on, plebs.
This has to be one of the best pieces of written dialogue I've even seen in a film. And the way it was delivered just elevated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom