• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The What Was That Game feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Hi guys,

Big huge thanks to Wasabi King (Banned, re-banned or cover band, he's still got my vote) for not only putting up my ad for whatwasthatgame.com up on GAF but for giving it a few extra days!

Now here's the thing...I'm sure you guys are seeing the ad, I'm sure some of you are even clicking on it to check it out. But so far the # of questions or solutions posted has remained fairly flat. My question is what would you like to see WWTG do to make it more appealing? I've upgraded the entire site to a Wiki engine, which means anyone can post questions or solutions directly to the site, which I think is a pretty good thing...what else can I do?

All comments welcome :)

Gazunta

Don't know whether to be happy or frightened :) Yeah, that one was just meant for my own site about 18 months ago, and I mocked it up in an hour. I suck.

border

It's a cool site and all, but the very name kind of assumes limited usage, doesn't it? Most people will only go when there's a game they can't think of......and regular visitors won't always have questions.

Gazunta

Yeah, I see what you're saying, I guess what I'm asking is how can I encourage people to ask more questions. I mean the gaming section always seems to have a "can anyone identify this game" thread every week I swear... :)

border

People ask here because they can get near-instant answers. Send the question to a website and you may have to wait a while. Unless you want to have somebody "on call" to answer questions instantly, the message board will probably be the first choice of most GA'ers. If it's any help, you can go around and post the link in any "Name that game" threads ;)

demi

Nobody on your site could help me answer my question.

I'm trying to remember a game that had this australian tasmanian tiger that used a boomerang, and spoke in the worst accent imaginable!

Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom