• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The White Tiger (2021) @Netflix

Jethalal

Banned
MV5BMDVkMDRkMzItN2EyYS00ZTI5LTljYzgtNzRmZDQ0OTQ3M2VjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODk4OTc3MTY@._V1_.jpg

Directed by: Ramin Bahrani
Cast: Adarsh Gourav, Rajkumar Rao, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, etc.
Release Date: 22nd Jan 2021
Platform: Netflix
Synopsis:
An ambitious Indian driver uses his wit and cunning to escape from poverty and rise to the top.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So Netflix released The White Tiger on 22nd Jan and I must say I was impressed. Probably the most accurate portrayal of India I have seen in an American film (some things were outdated, mostly lack of internet which boomed here in mid 2010s, but 95 % accurate). You can call it 'Parasite' based in India but nowhere near in quality though :p
I mostly see Action-Sci-Fi flicks so this was a pleasant surprise. It has pretty similar themes as Parasite and you must check it out. The acting by the main dude was phenomenal and the movie was pretty bold in showing the dark side of our society. The ending was a bit abrupt but I don't think they could have done it much better.
I'd give it 4/5. Pretty good, something worthwhile on Netflix. Don't expect an Oscar contender though.

Last edited:

cd_jakevas

Same. Was pleasantly surprised by the acting too. It seems to have lower rating on sites like imdb than it deserves.
These past few years I've learned to not depend on reviews. This applies to games and/or movies unless you have a history of reviews from that person.

For example, look at this crap:

3/10
Interesting movie with a very wrong message
vmehta172524 January 2021
The message that to grow in life and get ahead, one must either get rid of / kill / steal from the master or employer, or become a politician is very dangerous and absolutely wrong. Such a powerful platform used to send a pathetic unethical message. Thanks but no thanks Priyanka Jonas and team! Controversial movies are good for publicity but please use to share good messages instead of misleading the public!

This review isn't about the movie, its about a larger issue that has nothing to do with the movie.

TheContact

looks interesting and i like the premise. i don't know much about india and my perception of the country is very skewed, but i do know the dichotomy between wealth and poverty is staggering

Durask

I was thinking of watching it but then you compared it to Parasite. I think I'll pass now.

Being poor sucks. There's like class struggle and stuff.

Top Bottom