• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. If they don't announce a price on that very specific day people will make the decision to never buy the system. EVER.

XPlay know their shit. They know what's right and wrong, what's good and bad.
Like, Super Mario Galaxy is too kiddie and colourful for todays standards of grit and gray.

...XPlay says Nintendo has to announce price at E3 in order to succeed. Also, consumers will only accept a price of $250 or less.
What's their logic ? That's just ridiculous...

Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Yoshi's Island WiiU
Damn, that would be great! With an art style similar to Yoshi's Island 1 and with no extra annoying babies from Yoshi's Island 2, please.

Thraktor

No.
Metroid or bust.

You're both wrong.

Gumshoe reboot all the way!

How in the hell could anybody want ANOTHER Metroid from Retro.

Because the Metroid games they've made thus far were some of the best games of the last decade, and it'd be great to see what they could do with the series with a console that's a couple of orders of magnitude more powerful. That being said, I'd personally like them to try something new, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wii U Metroid game from them a few years down the line.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
So, i'll try my hand at these! :D
Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Yoshi's Island WiiU

What? Impossible you say? :(

I don't think Nintendo will tack on "Wii U" to the end of thier games like they did with N64. But what about this...?

Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)
Yoshi's Archipelago (19)

:eek:

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How in the hell could anybody want ANOTHER Metroid from Retro.

Because there are no other games that play like Metroid Prime. It is not just a unique item on Nintendo's portfolio, but the market as a whole.

They've done nothing else for a decade with the exception of DKCR. I'd gladly take a change in direction over even the best they could offer in the way of another Metroid.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I think no matter what those 3 titles are people will be disappointed.

My guess is it's probably stuff we know - NSMB Mii, ACIII and Darksiders II.

Time to get back on the Retro Zelda hype train.
Hell yeah, a Retro Zelda would be nice. I know many people that think Zelda would be a great IP for Retro and personally I think that Retro's influence could give a new spark to the series, were they working on it. But then there's also the fans who want them to work on Metroid.

Because Metroid Prime is what got me into Metroid, and the 100% ending for Prime 3 is a cliffhanger that I want resolved.
Whose ship was that?
Why follow Samus? WHY DAMMIT!?
Damn I need to play that game.

Elfteiroh

I don't think Nintendo will tack on "Wii U" to the end of thier games like they did with N64. But what about this...?

Code:
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)
Yoshi's Archipelago (19)

:eek:

Oooh!
Now you're talking! :D

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
You know, it would be nice if someone from the gaming media contacted NOA and found out if those character lengths lengths in the Facebook post are arbitrary or not.

effzee

We are assuming they are teasing three games.

If, and I really doubt this, there are only 3 1st party games from Nintendo available for launch (day 1) they better be heavy hitters. They better be:

1. Retro Game
2. Big time Nintendo Franchise
3. Another big time franchise or new IP

Okay, so now we know that the Wii U will have at least three games. Here they are with the character counts in parentheses.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒​▒▒▒ (34)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (27)
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ (19)
Yoshi’s Universal Adventure

Yoshi’s Island WiiU

Yoshi’s Story Wii U

This starts off pretty decent, with good ideas on what Nintendo should do (like have a coherent plan for multimedia streaming), but here and there it sort of loses that focus and starts listing not what they should do but how they want things to end (like "there should be better ports" and "there should be more sports games"), not actually saying much about what exactly Nintendo needs to do.

Despite this objection, this is a pretty good article with some nice insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom