• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get me a Yoko avatar :3

AIoZL.jpg

Izick

Where are the stats for who posted most in the last thread? The list of shame? I always see those in other OT's but I never knew how you can see that info.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Where are the stats for who posted most in the last thread? The list of shame? I always see those in other OT's but I never knew how you can see that info.

Click on the thread post count.

You've got an early lead in here, btw. Nerd. :p

-KRS-

You click on the post count in the forum topic list.

Edit: double beaten

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? - US$350

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? Oct-Nov in all major regions

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? Pikmin 3/Killer Freaks (please be released in Japan)

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? Any one of GTA V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Bioshock Infinite, new Tales Of, new CastleVania

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? No launch date/price details

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? It'll be 1AM, and work the next day, so nothing. Or maybe, Pringles.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? 1 hour: 45 Wii U, 15 3DS.

8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 8

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? Rear camera for AR

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? non-game specific voice chat, 'spectator' mode

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? AceBandage.

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? Pokemon Battle Sim/RPG for launch.

Go to the Gaming forum, find the thread, click in the number of posts.

I'm on mobile and can't see it, but Tom was in first, as things ought to be.

Izick

Click on the thread reply count on the board.

Beaten.

You click on the post count in the forum topic list.

Edit: double beaten

Thank you, and is it sad that I cracked the top 10 in Thread V even though I got in fairly late?

Click on the thread post count.

You've got an early lead in here, btw. Nerd. :p

Aw yeah!

The Nintendo Wii U Speculation Thread Pre-E3 Survey

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? $299 with 4GB storage, $349 with 60GB of storage

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? October 14th in America

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? In the realm of possiblity: Pikmin 3 ...in the realm of impossibility: Chibi-Robo Wii U

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? GTA V with a 1 month timed exclusive

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? Too many sequels

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Canada Dry :)

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? 60 minutes: 15min 3DS/45min Wii U/0min Wii

8) Predict: Rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 8: There will be Pikmin 3 and NSMB with some third party PS360 ports. Oh and a few Ubisoft shovelware titles.

9) Predict: Any final hardware revelations? There's a money printer on the back of the controller. But really, I don't think there will be any revelations other than the slightly tweaked controller we already saw leaked.

10) Predict: Any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? Streetpass using the 3DS and then transferring the data back to the Wii U

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? No idea

12) Wild-card prediction:  anything else? Pokemon MMO

Snakeyes

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? - $300

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? - October 3rd

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? - F-Zero WX

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? - Nope.

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? - Not powerful enough, not casual enough, doomed, etc...

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? - Kettle Chips

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? 1:30, 30 min 3DS/1 hr Wii U

8)  Predict:  rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).- 8

9) Predict: any final hardware revelaitons? - That Nintendo ID card thingy.

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? - See 9)

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? - Hopefully no one.

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? - New Reggie and Iwata memes are born.

Nibel

One of the most craziest OP I ever witnessed :lol
Good job! But add Ubermatik to the list of people who died for our sins

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost?
$299.99 US/Canadian

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be?
November 11th

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game?
Whatever the Nintendo Launch Original IP will be, I hope.

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U?
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - I would have bet on Nintendo launching a week early just to accommodate BLOPS2

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?
Lack of third party outside of the confirmed obvious launch lineup

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
Coffee, it's still going to be early in the day

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?
1 Hour 20 Min; 25 Min 3DS, 5 Min Wii (DQ X), 50 Min Wii U

8)  Predict:  rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations?
Can support for two Tablet controller.

10) Predict:  any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us?
Wii Fit Online, with a web + iPhone/Android interface for constant tracking

11) Predict:  With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?
No idea...

12)  Wild-card prediction:  anything else?
Unexpected third party game announcement? If Nintendo wants to show they're serious about online, I expect them to do a push for something out of left field.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If that star fox metroid game happens I will eat a hobos underwear. If he/she is going commando then I will eat a hat instead.

Darryl

Banned

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? - $199 core, $299 upgrade

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? - mid november

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? - Monolith RPG with Community play

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? - Steamworks present

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behavior/substance during E3 Week? - iPad is better

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? coffee

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U and 3DS? - 45M on Wii U / 25 on 3DS

8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 8 for launch, although a 10 for titles shown

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? - GamerCard rumor is true

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? - Google Play store

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? - many after SF v Metroid reveal

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? - FF7 remake on 3DS

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? - 299-350

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? - Mid November

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? - SMG 3/Universe or Good Feel Yoshi's Island sequel

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? -Final Fantasy 15

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? -"Yeah, that was an impressive lineup and great surprises but IOS is still a huge threat, Nintendo still isn't doing enough for next gen, blah blah

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Large coffee, sausage McMuffin and breakfast burrito covered in hot picante sauce

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? - 1 hour, 70% Wii U 30% 3DS

8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). 9

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? - UE 4 support finally confirmed. All VC and Wii Ware titles can be streamed to the controller, most eShop purchases will be universal between Wii U and 3DS from now on (yeah right)

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? -Skype video calls through the Upad

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? - AceBandage

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? - Mother/Earthbound trilogy announced after Iwata finally convinces his buddy Itoi to allow some of the EB music tracks to be re-worked in order to make NOA's lawyers go away, finally giving fans of the series the relief they've been waiting for).

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? Mountain Dew Voltage and an American Cheeseburger

Best alternate Mt Dew flavor.

RagnarokX

Imagine WiiU, I do
I think about U day and night, it's only right
to think about the thread you love
and hold it tight, so happy together!

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Amazing OP!

Nintendo's e3 conference and Ridley Scott's "Prometheus"
in the same week is just amazing.

I think the big reveal will be Epic showing the Unreal Engine 4 running
on the WiiU and it'll look stunning.

EDarkness

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost? - $349.99

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be? Sometime in October or November

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game? No idea. I'll have to see the launch list.

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U? Black Ops 2 with IR support

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week? Graphics it'll be graphics

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference? I'm not sure we can eat in the conference hall.

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS? Hmmm...one hour. Maybe 60% Wii U and 40% 3DS.

8) Predict: rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best). No idea. Probably a 7 or 8 depending on games.

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations? None.

10) Predict: any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us? Apps running at the same time as your game.

11) Predict: With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week? Anyone can fall....

12) Wild-card prediction: anything else? Wii remotes packed in!

1) So.. how much will the Wii U cost?
$349.99

2) And when will the Wii U's Launch Day be?
Oct. 21

3) Your #1 Desired Launch Day Game?
Out of what's actually announced... Darksiders 2 (Nintendo's stuff isn't official yet)
Will almost 100% change in 2 weeks

4) Any pleasant third-party surprises for the Wii U?
The sheer amount of titles shown

5) Any predictions of media criticisms for Nintendo's behaviour/substance during E3 Week?
Hardware isn't powerful enough, screen is gimmicky

6) What'll be your preferred food & drink of choice during the Nintendo Conference?
Coffee

7) How long will the Nintendo Conference go on, and what'll be the breakdown on time spent between Wii U amd 3DS?
1 hr, 35 minutes of Wii U with a little spillover for sizzle reels

8)  Predict:  rate the Wii U Launch lineup from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).

9) Predict: any final hardware revelations?
More powerful than expected

10) Predict:  any super-special applications that Nintendo's gonna spring on us?
A fully functional online system and an on demand video system

11) Predict:  With BP now gone, who's the Nintendo fan most likely to be banned from NeoGAF during E3 Week?
BY2K

12)  Wild-card prediction:  anything else?
hardware is more powerful than expected

HylianTom

Banned
One of the most craziest OP I ever witnessed :lol
Good job! But add Ubermatik to the list of people who died for our sins

Ehh.. I have no life. Working 60-70 hours per week lately, this community is a godsend. But if oddsmakers are putting me at/near the top tier on the death pool, I might have to be a bit more cautious in the coming weeks. Less hot passion, more cool thought, Tom!

New console launch year events are uber-holidays for us Nintendo fans. Christmas, Mardi Gras, Steak-&-BJ Day, birthday, the last day of school, and Halloween all wrapped into one! So please, everyone.. please be careful out there. I want everyone on-board still when E3 is over and done with!

{damn.. now I miss Ubermatik. If you're reading this, Uber, we miss you!} :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom