• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: PS4/Xbox One versions, weather system, monsters & more

You guys care too much about graphics.

If you played the 360 version of The Witcher 2 and then played the PC version at max settings you would want the best possible performance out of this game on a next-gen console. I don't want to be playing the PS4 version of The Witcher 3 and having to experience framerate slowdowns or texture pop-ins because they decided to lead the console version on Xbox One

It's true that Microsoft is publishing Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising 3 but the rights of both games belong to Insomniac (S.O.) and Capcom (DR3). Depending on whatever publishing arrangement happens we could end up in an "Alan Wake" (for PC) or Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Nintendo published it in North America) type situation
Here's what Remedy had to say about publishing on other platforms. I assume it will be the same for the others.

Back on topic: game looks really good, but since I haven't played the previous two its hard to get too excited at the moment.

I'm no tech guy, but wouldn't things like texture pop in be reduced on PS4 without too much work due to the RAM?

SgtCobra

So multiplatform developers won't use dat extra RAM on the PS4. I am dissapoint. (If that guy is anything to go by and other devs will have the same stance on it.)
PC version it is.

Wallach

From everything I've heard don't bother with part 1. In fact I tried it out for approximately 5 minutes the other day and said "Nope". Its point and click battle system is really not desirable in any way. And trying it out with a game pad makes it even more convoluted.

That being said, Witcher 2 is amazing and a must play.

Witcher 3 looks to blow all of these out of the water and I can't wait. PS4, XBOne, PC, whatever just play a great game.

I wouldn't play the first game with a pad either, but it's easily a better game than the sequel. Skipping it would be silly.

I'm glad the third game is open world because I don't really want another BioWare-esque game from them.

War Eagle

I want to give The Witcher 2 a shot, but I'm a total bitch when it comes to games that are too difficult. The setting and atmosphere totally look like my style. Is it for me? Can I change the difficulty level?

FACE

Banned
I want to give The Witcher 2 a shot, but I'm a total bitch when it comes to games that are too difficult. The setting and atmosphere totally look like my style. Is it for me? Can I change the difficulty level?

They've toned the difficulty down quite significantly, you'll be fine playing on normal.

Wallach

There are multiple difficulty settings (including an Easy one) and in the current patch Normal is pretty easy. It's not that hard of a game.

The Witcher 3 is coming to PS4?

Holy shit, what exclusives does Microsoft actually have?

Here's the list of True exclusives announced so far for both platforms:

Xbox One
Below
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
D4
Forza 5
Halo
Killer Instict
Kinect Sports
Powerstar Golf
Quantum Break
Black Tusk Game
Ryse
Sunset Overdrive

Playstation 4
Basement Crawl
Driveclub
Infamous
Killzone
Knack
The Order: 1886

Espada

Don't expect multiplatform developers to take advantage of PS4 in the beginning. Just a note to the people getting happy about that. Ugh.

I don't expect multiplatform developers to take advantage of any console specific advantages simply because they have no real incentive to do so. It would require extra time, money, and resources that would cut into the bottom line.

We really only see that kind of optimization from 1st party devs or the (now extremely rare) third party exclusives.

Pirzolaman said:
I would be really pissed if multiplatform games were held back on the PS4 because of the Xbone..
That was always going to be the case. Multiplatform console developers have to make sure their game runs on the lowest common denominator. If any other platforms are more powerful they just get low-effort improvements over it.

DrFurbs

Im not joking - im trying to play the Witcher 2 on my 2.X something intel Duo , 4 gig , AMD 4850 gfx card and its on 1280 x 1024 on low - STRUGGLING.

Ive just watched the witcher 3 at 1080p on YT. This is convincing me to buy a PS4.

Graphics do make a difference to me.

FACE

Banned
Im not joking - im trying to play the Witcher 2 on my 2.X something intel Duo , 4 gig , AMD 4850 gfx card and its on 1280 x 1024 on low - STRUGGLING.

Ive just watched the witcher 3 at 1080p on YT. This is convincing me to buy a PS4.

Graphics do make a difference to me.

Witcher 2 hates dual core cpus.

It's not that difficult, you just need to adapt to the gameplay. Heck, i actually died more on my normal difficulty playthrough (1st play), compared to when i play on Dark Mode later on.

boskee

Jonas Mattson: As you are aware am an environmental artist but we have talked about this in the office. I don’t think we are taking too much advantage of it. But as I said I am entirely not sure about this as I deal with making the world pretty.

This is the important part. Don't expect a definite answer from a non-technical environment artist.

This was also a PS4 game from the start, it's amazing how being at a platform holder's E3 conference can give people the idea that the game is exclusive.

Top Bottom