• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 | Review Thread

Gamespot - 10/10
The Witcher 3 is always in a crescendo, crafting battle scenarios that constantly one-up the last, until you reach the explosive finale and recover in the glow of the game's quiet denouement. But while the grand clashes are captivating, it is the moments between conflicts, when you drink with the local clans and bask in a trobairitz's song, that are truly inspiring

Gameinformer - 9.75/10
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt encompasses what I hope is the future of RPGs. It stands out for its wonderful writing, variety of quests and things to do in the world, and how your choices have impact in interesting ways. Usually something is sacrificed when creating a world this ambitious, but everything felt right on cue. I still think about some of my choices and how intriguing they turned out – for better or worse.

IGN - 9.3/10
Though the straightforward and fetch-quest-heavy main story overstays its welcome, the option of joyfully adventuring through a rich, expansive open world was always there for me when I’d start to burn out. Even if the plot isn’t terribly interesting, the many characters who play a part in it are, and along with the excellent combat and RPG gameplay, they elevate The Witcher 3 to a plane few other RPGs inhabit.

GameTrailers - 9.8

Gamereactor UK - 9/10

Kotaku - YES
Wild Hunt is a grand adventure that feels distinctly of its time. It manages to set new standards for video game technology while accentuating the fleeting nature of technological achievement as an end unto itself. It is a worthy exploration of friendship and family, mixing scenes of great sorrow with scenes of ridiculous lustiness, tempering its melancholy with bright splashes of joy and merry monster guts. Come for the epic showdown between good and evil; stay for the unicorn sex.

Gamesradar+ - 4/5
I dearly hope that the 'day zero' patch eliminates The Witcher 3’s technical issues. They’re the main blemish on an otherwise rich and lengthy RPG. Even so, The Witcher 3 represents a generational leap in world design and fidelity, and is a spectacle that deserves to be savoured at its very best.

Ausgamers - 10/10
There is no question in my mind that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been worth the wait. It’s sheer scale and absolution in content, alongside its surprisingly strong narrative -- both in the main quest lines, and the peripheral ones around them -- is delivered with a maturity rarely ever seen in games of this scope. There’s Triple-A gaming, and then there’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Impulsegamer - 5/5

Gameplanet - 10/10

Play3 - 9/10 (german)

GamePro - 92 (german)

PC Games - 90 % (german)
laughed, I cried, I was engrossed, I was astonished by decisions and took many characters into my heart - and still I was able to ride through the environment and look for treasure, quests and monsters any time I wanted. No RPG has managed to reconcile all this in such a wonderful way. I would like the PS4 version to run a bit smoother but even with some technical flaws The Witcher 3 is a great experience. This also makes me not care about if the game looks exactly like on promotional screenshots released earlier. I cannot ask for more than the best looking RPG 2015, which is by the way a ton of fun, by any stretch of the imagination

XGN.NL - 9.5 (dutch)

Gameblog.fr - 9/10 (french)

Telegraph - 5/5

GRYOnline.pl - 8.5 (polish)

Destructoid - 8/10

Metro - 9/10

Impulsegamer - 5/5

Portal PSX EXTREME (polish) 9.0 "Geralt of the Year Edition"

Eurogamer.pl (polish) Essential "Masterpiece"

Gamergen (French) - 19/20

LaPS4 - 94% (spanish)

everyeye.it - 9/10 (italian)

Eurogamer - 9/10 (italian)

Polygon - 8/10

Metro GameCentral - 9/10

Meristation - 9.6/10(spanish)

Jeuxactu- 95% (french)

Hobbyconsolas - 95% (spanish)

3Djuegos - 9.5/10 (spanish)

Onet - 10/10(polish)

Stuff - 5/5

4Players - 90% (german)

The Guardian - 5/5

boskee said:
Seems like this is a good videogame.

MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW: ItsGWC - 3/3

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
God damn

jGr2gf8.gif

Raven77

The Witcher 3 finds a nigh-perfect sense of balance between giving you things to do and allowing its spaces to breathe. - Gamespot

Avoiding some of the issues people had with DA: I?

eznark

Banned
VanOrd with the 10. Wish there was still a Gamespot podcast for him to talk about how it changed his perspective on the world.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually forgot it was coming out in a week. I have avoided all news on this game outside of announcement. Let's do this.

I'm glad Kevin reviewed it for GS, he's a huge RPG/MMO guy so if anyone was going to criticise those elements of it, it was going to be him

I had trouble getting into the first two entries of the series.

I managed to get this for cheap so I bit but I don't know when I will get around to playing them all. I really want to.

I am thrilled that we are getting such an incredible game, but equally happy that CDPR is getting such deserved recognition. Hopefully it sells great.

Top Bottom