• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher heading to Mac

C-Jo

My mid-2010 Core i7 Macbook Pro meets/exceeds the recommended specs, but I'm betting it'll still run like total garbage.

Downloading now!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm hoping to get an iMac later this year anyway how 2 follows this

The sequel is virtually entirely self-contained. There's an intrinsic assumption that you'll remember Dandelion, Triss, and Zoltan from the original game, but this doesn't affect the plot.

Haunted

I was going to say that I liked the rhythm based combat in Witcher 1 more than the lock-on mess rolling orgy in 2, but then I remembered how formulaic it was with the stances.

Probably the biggest area of improvement for future installments.

Oh shit, yeah this thing is out now and Steamplay enabled! I had purchased the game during a Steam sale back when I had a PC, and low and behold: The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is now showing up in my iMac's Steam library under Mac Games.

Fuck yeah!

EDIT: So let's pretend that I've never really gamed on my Mac before, but I do have a 360 wireless adapter left over from my PC days. Is there an easy way to get that thing working on the Mac, and in games like The Witcher? I don't mind spending a few bucks on the Mac App Store if that's the easiest way. I have PS3 controllers too, but I'd prefer 360 if there's a way to make that work. Anyone know?

okay since its $10 I might as well test out these minimum settings on my old macbook

if this runs smooth my Xenoblade pre-order is going to be dust food

Defs picking this up. Sick of only playing Starcraft 2 on my MacBook Pro and it looks like they might port Witcher 2 somewhere down the line!

unlike the Xbox360 not getting both :/

Wallach

I was going to say that I liked the rhythm based combat in Witcher 1 more than the lock-on mess rolling orgy in 2, but then I remembered how formulaic it was with the stances.

Probably the biggest area of improvement for future installments.

I still like it more. They're both pretty dumb in this regard though.

As for the Mac port, I hope some kind of sorcery is involved because the first game runs like a dog. On modern hardware you get about the same performance out of the sequel, which is kind of gross.

Zuly

I'm downloading it right now. I felt like re-playing this game; its timing could have not been any more perfect.

Sorry about the bump, but any word on how the performance is with the latest updates? I'm considering playing it, but if it's going to be bad, I don't even want to bother.

Top Bottom