• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness - Release Date Trailer, coming 26th January 2016

PC or PS4?

I would like to have another game to play on my PS4, it hasn't had much love lately, but the other day I realized something. When it comes to digital purchases, it seems like it's a safer bet to just buy them on PC. I will always have a PC (unless zombie outbreak) with me but I might not always have a PS4 hooked up to my TV. Other than trophies, is there anything that sets the PS4 version apart from the PC version?

Thoughts?
I know he dislikes the idea of trophies (in his games at least) but did he actually remove/exclude the trophies in the PC-version?

shira

Genuinely curious about the critical response. Early word is the game is clearly good, but also often ambiguous and difficult. It won't be for everyone, including many critics.

Are runofthemill critics even going to be able to complete this game? Seems really hard and long.

Menome

78 (due to some sites not getting it and giving low 60 scores)

Ditto. Whilst there's a bunch of us who love Myst, Riven etc. don't forget that the series has been a running joke in the industry up until fairly recently, scoring poorly-to-averagely over the years.

tesqui

I've heard of puzzles being very difficult, but was wondering if those are side ones? Or if you need to solve all the puzzles to beat the game.

I've heard of puzzles being very difficult, but was wondering if those are side ones? Or if you need to solve all the puzzles to beat the game.

You only need to complete 7 of the 11 areas to get the ending, but Blow teased there'd be "something special" if you complete all of them. No idea how many puzzles are within each area.

Corto

I hope there'll be the opportunity to buy the OST of this game. If Braid is any indication it will be stellar and it's the only video game OST from last gen that I still listen from time to time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

You don't need to complete everything to see the ending, but you get something special for doing so.

Ansatz

"The Witness, at the end of the day, revolves around one’s ability to interpret and solve complex puzzles. The island is gorgeous and memorable while the gameplay itself is as smooth as silk, but there’s no way around the constant need to solve the next puzzle. It is the ultimate stonewalling challenge rewarded only by rare success." 6.5/10

What did I say bros

Zia

"The Witness, at the end of the day, revolves around one’s ability to interpret and solve complex puzzles. The island is gorgeous and memorable while the gameplay itself is as smooth as silk, but there’s no way around the constant need to solve the next puzzle. It is the ultimate stonewalling challenge rewarded only by rare success." 6.5/10

What did I say bros

LOL. It's a fucking puzzle game...

Guerrilla

damn, nice scores, but:

"Fun and inventive challenges wait around every corner. If you want something more than a barrage of thoughtful puzzles (like a story), you should look elsewhere"

from game informer makes me sad :/ I was hoping for a great story

Corto

What did I say bros

"I'm so caught up inside the world of The Witness that it's hard to think about anything else. It is one of the best games I've ever encountered." 10/10

Yep.

Ansatz

All I said is that if a reviewer doesn't like the core of the game, then there's nothing there to keep them entertained, so it'll result in a lower score. Precisely this happend.

I think this game will be in my top 3 of all time, if not the best game ever based on Braid and what I've heard.

What did I say bros

:) ...

i've yet to read a review of a shooter that's said 'but there's no way around the constant need to shoot the next enemy'...

ymgve

Wow, 9:45 in the Giantbomb Quicklook.
You seem to be able to activate any puzzle no matter how far away you are.
That's unexpected. Also you can't jump down things that are higher than 2 feet which I guess is an interesting way of gating content.

Alastor3

I hope there'll be the opportunity to buy the OST of this game. If Braid is any indication it will be stellar and it's the only video game OST from last gen that I still listen from time to time.

sorry to tell you that but the game have no soundtrack

Top Bottom