• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us Season 2, Batman: The Enemy Within, The Walking Dead: Final Season

Staf

Didn't really like Batman season 1 and the other two aren't for me. Only series i would be interested seeing a season 2 of is Borderlands.

Velcro Fly

So happy!

Really liked Batman and TWAU. I'm pretty sure I marathoned both of these too. Will definitely inspire me to read some of the Fables stuff I have sitting around unread.

*me scrolling through YouTube*

"oh, final season of walking dead. Still need to play the last one"

*continuous scrolling *

"oh, a new batman game already, another I need to get round to"

*sees wolf among us season 2*

"What the fuck!?! There is a god!"

So happy right now, after playing the first season I went and read all 150 issues of the comics. Can't wait for season 2.

TWAU2? Wow, I really didn't think they'd go through with it after this long, not when they can license properties like Batman and GotG instead.

Now let's just hope they do a good job with it. I haven't been particularly impressed by any of their games since Tales from the Borderlands. If they do, it'll be the first Telltale game I'll buy at full price in forever.

AndyVirus

Have they scrapped the Game of Thrones season 2 plans after the mediocre reception?

Happy to see Batman and Wolf Among Us return, especially the latter since I wasn't expecting it. Batman is much sooner than I expected.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
You know people say this but I always have fine performance on PC

Batman was really bad for me, a lot of stutter and frame rate drops. TWDS3 was a massive improvement though, EP1 had the same issues as Batman but EP2-5 all ran perfectly without any issues, so I'm hoping they've finally figured it out.

theRizzle

Batman was really bad for me, a lot of stutter and frame rate drops. TWDS3 was a massive improvement though, EP1 had the same issues as Batman but EP2-5 all ran perfectly without any issues, so I'm hoping they've finally figured it out.

Batman was really bad for me too. Using a 360 controller instead of an Xbox One controller helped me a lot. (seriously)

re: The Wolf Among Us - FINALLY. Wahoo!

I really hope TWAU2 is as well written as TWAU, everything since has been a disappointment.

(The writing for Tales from the Borderlands, though!) I'm curious how much of the original writing team is left, as I know a lot of TWD S1 & Tales from the Borderlands left the company and went on to other things.

It's kind of a shame all their sequels are to fairly recent games. I would love Back to the Future Season 2. Or a new Puzzle Agent game.

New engine or bust.
k8TmylX.gif

HeavenlyE

At first I was mad about the lack of Tales from the Borderlands but then I realized I don't care because most of the team that made that apparently left anyway. Also there will never be a new engine they'll just keep doing small updates to the current one

Falchion

I am downright giddy that we get more Wold Among Us, there are so many more stories they can tell in Fabletown and I'm super excited for that one. Also I'll definitely be playing Batman too, the first season was a lot of fun and had some interesting twists.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Batman crashed like three times for me on PS4. I still loved it overall but it was rough, man. Not unreasonable to ask for more.

Me I'd take a gameplay redesign that just gets rid of the action sequence quicktimes as they are. They keep my wife from playing their games on her own. And when I play them I keep asking myself who wants to see Batman whiff it three times because they missed the timing on circle press?

Say what you will about David Cage but Heavy Rain letting you fuck up to the point of getting protagonists killed was pretty cool. But even better for Telltale: why can't my wife just select fight options the same way she select dialog options?

This Dragon's Lair gameplay remnant holds them back from a wider audience of slower and less experienced gamers: their exact target audience. Meanwhile the hardcore just mock them as clunky quicktime events.

They need to go.

Batman crashed like three times for me on PS4. I still loved it overall but it was rough, man. Not unreasonable to ask for more.

Me I'd take a gameplay redesign that just gets rid of the action sequence quicktimes as they are. They keep my wife from playing their games on her own. And when I play them I keep asking myself who wants to see Batman whiff it three times because they missed the timing on circle press?

Say what you will about David Cage but Heavy Rain letting you fuck up to the point of getting protagonists killed was pretty cool. But even better for Telltale: why can't my wife just select fight options the same way she select dialog options?

This Dragon's Lair gameplay remnant holds them back from a wider audience of slower and less experienced gamers: their exact target audience. Meanwhile the hardcore just mock them as clunky quicktime events.

They need to go.

I understand what you are saying. And I get people who are turned off by QTEs, but for someone who didn't like the QTEs in most of Telltale games, I found the Batman ones very enjoyable.

The opening sequence in particular was a nice surprise that drew me heavily into the game. (It is fair to say that I don't remember hating a Telltale game, so there is that as well)

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I understand what you are saying. And I get people who are turned off by QTEs, but for someone who didn't like the QTEs in most of Telltale games, I found the Batman ones very enjoyable.

The opening sequence in particular was a nice surprise that drew me heavily into the game. (It is fair to say that I don't remember hating a Telltale games, so there is that as well)

I mean, same here. Yet my wife won't play Game of Thrones, because of them. And she is really into GoT. There should be a pop-up opt-out of them entirely.

I mean, same here. Yet my wife won't play Game of Thrones, because of them. And she is really into GoT. There should be a pop-up opt-out of them entirely.

I liked how MKX handled the cutscenes in the story mode, you could fail them entirely and progress seamlessly from one fight to another. So it came down basically to watching a slightly different cutscene, and it was actually kinda funny to see your character getting his ass handed to him and then move on like nothing happened.
The problem with David Cage's games that QTEs actually disrupted the continuity of the events, which can be pretty cool like you said, but also really messy if you wanted to follow up with the story itself.

Imbarkus

I liked how MKX handled the cutscenes in the story mode, you could fail them entirely and progress seamlessly from one fight to another. So it came down basically to watching a slightly different cutscene, and it was actually kinda funny to see your character getting his ass handed to him and then move on like nothing happened.
The problem with David Cage's games that QTEs actually disrupted the continuity of the events, which can be pretty cool like you said, but also really messy if you wanted to follow up with the story itself.

True, but then it worked like gangbusters for a different type of story like Until Dawn.

Because if we're all honest with ourselves, the only real appeal to failing (and thus repeating) quicktime events is watching character deaths. For Dragon's Lair, watching a bumbling knight get stuffed into a crypt or dismembered in PG13 ways was part of the fun. Start over and off you go.

With Batman, every time I failed in a QT event it just seemed ridiculous and reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izUh07U5BA

True, but then it worked like gangbusters for a different type of story like Until Dawn.

Because if we're all honest with ourselves, the only real appeal to failing (and thus repeating) quicktime events is watching character deaths. For Dragon's Lair, watching a bumbling knight get stuffed into a crypt or dismembered in PG13 ways was part of the fun. Start over and off you go.

With Batman, every time I failed in a QT event it just seemed ridiculous and reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izUh07U5BA

xD, that never gets old

I never played Until Dawn, but from what I gathered about it, I believe you are absolutely right. Branching out the story based on the player's outcome from QTEs makes for a great experience with the tight narrative it has (a group of people in a cabin with someone coming after them), but that would work out to a less extent in a game with a wider story, such as in Heavy Rain or Beyond in my opinion.

jacobeid

Banned
As much as I want The Wolf Among Us S2, I know better than to give Telltale my money and time. If they show a willingness to work on the performance of the game then I'll buy it, but as it stands I don't even know if I could willingly pay them more than $5 because of how much they've burned me in the past.

Imbarkus

xD, that never gets old

I never played Until Dawn, but from what I gathered about it, I believe you are absolutely right. Branching out the story based on the player's outcome from QTEs makes for a great experience with the tight narrative it has (a group of people in a cabin with someone coming after them), but that would work out to a less extent in a game with a wider story, such as in Heavy Rain or Beyond in my opinion.

It's free on PS Plus this month. You should really play Until Dawn if you can.

Oh don't get me wrong, I want them to change their engine. But we've been saying this for years and it's obvious that they have no intention of doing it. So at this point, we are just setting ourselves up for disappointment.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

The opening sequence in particular was a nice surprise that drew me heavily into the game. (It is fair to say that I don't remember hating a Telltale game, so there is that as well)

The fight scenes flowed really well in Batman which is probably why, the best so far IMO.

Top Bottom