• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct trailer

Jintor

So what's the gameplay like? Is it sort of pikmin-ish?

From everything I've heard it's a straight action game except instead of a single character you control a mob that turns into swords and giant fists and pudding

God, it looks and sounds exactly like a cheesy Saturday Morning Cartoon, but absolutely insane

?oe?oe

The moment at the end is cute. It's the little things like that, that I think will make the game extra special.

So what's the gameplay like? Is it sort of pikmin-ish?

It's an action game. Attacking, dodging, you change weapons by drawing on the screen or using the right analog stick to, say, make a gun shape (up -> right).

Dodging felt a lot like Bayonetta to me since it allowed you to cancel attacks and continue the combo after you dodged.

Kajiba

Was going to wait to get the WiiU later down the road but this game and announcement of GBA library being added later is really making it hard lol.

Game looks awesome.

Dachande

Oh god, this is totally the spiritual sequel to Viewtiful Joe. Fucking perfect.

Between this and Bayo 2, Platinum are giving me the only reasons for picking up a WiiU in the future.

XaosWolf

This is as close to Viewtiful Joe 3 we'll ever get. =)

Played it at Eurogamer and am amazed by the charm and style the game pulls off, all whilst having solid gameplay and mechanics.

Jintor

It's an action game. Attacking, dodging, you change weapons by drawing on the screen or using the right analog stick to, say, make a gun shape (up -> right).

Dodging felt a lot like Bayonetta to me since it allowed you to cancel attacks and continue the combo after you dodged.

Wait it has dodge offset? GOD DAMN

It looks like a fantastic game that will sell next to nothing :(
Hopefully I'm wrong and Nintendo will market this right

Duffyside

Banned
Thy could just put "Directed by Hideki Kamiya" on a black screen for five seconds, and this game (and console) would be bought.

ohlawd

what's up with the Pikmin shoutouts itt? The fact that you got 100 other people following you? Looks like a straight up action game to me.

Top Bottom