• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Spoiler Thread

Shaanyboi

Banned
"Press A to protect Earth" was AMAZING. That ending blew me away. Good god..

Also, Wonder Makeup is a dude. I had a good laugh at that piece of text.

zlCfzRIx028PZ01_vH

Apparently "Uber-Morphs" exist (that's what I'm calling them). I'm assuming you need all the regular members of a weapon type and all of them at max level?

EDIT: Someone get a gif of that "and end this nightmare FOREVER" bit that has the creepy broken face of jergingha.
This game keeps on giving...

Regiruler

Line-based morphs/abilities that were not known until later in the story (or game progress in general) that I know for sure exist:
Unite Drill (Spiral)
Unite Bowgun (Heart)
Unify Naginata (Straight line with *pause*)
Unify Boomerang (V with a *pause* in the center)
Platinum Forever (P)
Wonderful Forever (W)
Unite Launcher (Square)
Unite Big (?)

EDIT: Whelp there goes that

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have one thing to say.

"Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!"

*reads about Operation 101 and Uber Morphs* Holy crap! How much is in this game?

Regiruler

I didn't even know about operation 101 until I read this thread. I just found about the ubers yesterday when I finished leveling up wonder zombie.

EDIT: Since we have already been fully spoiled, we can do a service of sorts and go on Miiverse spoiler sweeps using spoiler report: some people just don't have common sense about this.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know about Ubers. I think that's just something unique to Unite Gun.(like bazooka)

You do get Unite Big after leveling up all regular 100 members to max level though. Which makes a giant version of that character as a unite morph. Only works on the main 7 and some special characters though.(like bayonetta as seen earlier in the thread)

Those special stage characters are unlockable characters for the rest of the game and Wonderful Forever/Platinum are available for purchase in the store as soon as you complete the game.

Regiruler

I don't know about Ubers. I think that's just something unique to Unite Gun.(like bazooka)

You do get Unite Big after leveling up all regular 100 members to max level though. Which makes a giant version of that character as a unite morph. Only works on the main 7 and some special characters though.(like bayonetta as seen earlier in the thread)

Those special stage characters are unlockable characters for the rest of the game and Wonderful Forever/Platinum are available for purchase in the store as soon as you complete the game.

Then you get absolutely nothing for leveling up any weapon besides gun to max?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Then you get absolutely nothing for leveling up any weapon besides gun to max?

Not to my knowledge

You get something for collectively leveling up all regular 100 members to max though.(Unite Big) and you get something for maxing out all the secret characters on top of that.(7th Custom Block slot)

You also get Super Unite Morph after unlocking your first secret character, but that's just making morphs even bigger than the 100 man forms.(Kinda like some of the 200 man ones you could do during the final boss.)

zlCfzRIx028PZ01_vH

Apparently "Uber-Morphs" exist (that's what I'm calling them). I'm assuming you need all the regular members of a weapon type and all of them at max level?

EDIT: Someone get a gif of that "and end this nightmare FOREVER" bit that has the creepy broken face of jergingha.

This is actually its own separate Unite Morph. I got it in 005-A just now, it's called Unite Launcher and you have to draw a square to summon it.

My characters aren't max level or anything either. Maybe it's tied to the character I just found or something? I used White to climb the statue just past the lava rising part.

popyea

This is actually its own separate Unite Morph. I got it in 005-A just now, it's called Unite Launcher and you have to draw a square to summon it.

My characters aren't max level or anything either. Maybe it's tied to the character I just found or something? I used White to climb the statue just past the lava rising part.

I think you can still call it part of the gun morph. If you have the Unite Charge custom block you can make it by just charging the gun up past it's bazooka stage. I wish I could turn off the square drawing to create it. I like using it, but half the time I try to make a fist quickly, it'll make the launcher instead.

Regiruler

Even though she's a stereotypical girly girl, Wonder Pink is easily the most hilarious character of the bunch.

wonderpinkwvud2.gif

Damn, and I can't see this for myself as the intro sequences can't be redone.

Has anyone found the QTE you need to fail 10 times to get a result out of?

Regiruler

By the way, this thread needs more Wonder Pole Fail Jump, featuring Wonder Blue being smacked into an athletics billboard.

Kazerei

Banned
Damn, and I can't see this for myself as the intro sequences can't be redone.

Has anyone found the QTE you need to fail 10 times to get a result out of?

Like this one?

Oh, that explains it. I've been running through the game again and intentionally failing every QTE but there's no way to make that one trigger again, is there?

Hmm, you might have to start a totally new game. It's the QTE that first demonstrates the whip shape.

Roto13

Hmm, you might have to start a totally new game. It's the QTE that first demonstrates the whip shape.

Yeah, that's a shame.

Has anyone compiled a video of just the QTE fails for the character introductions? Because if not, they should.

Roto13

Yup, this is how I'm dealing with turtles from now on.

zlCfzRJEwzMNA_C9h_

Do you think Nelson uses the drill because his chest hair is a spiral or does he manscape his chest hair into a spiral because he likes his drill?

zlCfzRJE0XkQ-TSowd

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, using Nelson as the leader would make the final boss fight way more Gurren Lagann than before.

Kazerei

Banned
Do you think Nelson uses the drill because his chest hair is a spiral or does he manscape his chest hair into a spiral because he likes his drill?

zlCfzRJE0XkQ-TSowd

OMG, I have to go through the gallery and check out everyone's unmasked figure now

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The plot is straight up Getter Robo Armageddon more than GL.

Thank you!!

All the people attributing those tropes employed at the end to gainax/gurren lagann was killing me.

Whole game was on some Go Nagai shit and I loved every minute of it

Top Bottom