• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Worst Inventions of All Time?

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I thought about that, but nuclear weapons were used less and the intention behind that invention was not specifically to exterminate whole people. But yes, it is not exactly a good invention.

I've always wondered what Germans thought about that. Never really get to have the conversation (I feel it's incredibly rude -- hey Heinrich, whatcha think about them gas chambers, eh?).

Hudo

Money was the worst invention.
I think that the original intention behind the invention of currency was a good one. But no one in the Mesopotamian civilization could've known that humans would find a way to screw and break that system beyond repair. If I remember correctly, the foundations of introducing systems to screw/break the currency system were laid (at large scale) in the Roman Empire, mostly. And it went on from there. The concept of a bank, as we know them today, were popularised by different religious orders (most famously, perhaps, the Order of the Templar Knights), with the intention to protect the money of pilgrims on their way to Jerusalem (again, a good intention, which ironically screwed the Knights later when France needed money and decided to accuse the whole order of heresy (Friday the 13th)). The Medici did the rest in the Renaissance, with their introduction of how a "modern" bank/financial institution could speculate on things and how it handled interest rates etc.

Basically, humans screwed the system over time. But that's just what humans do.

Ivellios

I agree with everyone about social media, they also contributo to depression in a lot of people as well

I like and raise you...the 50 other genders
When you need a manual to figure out things then something’s amiss
Genderbread-2.1.jpg

Pro tip...in life you should never label yourself
Not everyone falls in the same bucket but it doesn’t mean you need to make new buckets

Wow, this reminds me of biochemistry classes i had in college

Top Bottom