• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wrap: Nicole Kidman in talks to portray Queen Hyppolyta in Wonder Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

nicole-kidman.jpg

Oscar winner Nicole Kidman is in ongoing negotiations to play a high-ranking Amazonian warrior alongside Gal Gadot in WB’s “Wonder Woman,” an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.
A representative for Warner Bros. had no comment.
While Kidman’s potential role has yet to be confirmed, the Queen of the Amazons in the “Wonder Woman” comics is Hyppolyta, who also happens to be Diana Prince’s biological mother — though it’s unclear whether the film will remain faithful to that storyline.
http://www.thewrap.com/nicole-kidman-in-talks-to-join-gal-gadot-in-wonder-woman-exclusive/

Flawless victory, if you ask me. Hope it turns out great.

Apt101

Interesting, I'd be down with that. On a side note I saw her in some recent film with Zac Effron and I want to know her secret to eternal youth.

Rocky85

Banned
Her face freaks me out, I dont think shes even capable of facial expressions anymore.

Maybe olga kyrelenko wouldnt mind not being the female lead.
Diane kruger would be nice too but she is shorter.

Ahasverus

Don't like this casting, should be Angelina Jolie
Angelina does look like she could be Gal's mother, but I guess she's bound with Disney. I don't think if he's ever worked with WB, while Nicole is almost a household name.

And yes, both Kilmer and Kidman were at their peak in BF. I'd argue Moulin Rouge's Nicole is better though.

Apt101

The one with Matthew?
EDIT: This
The_Paperboy.jpg

That's the movie. Not bad. Could have used some better pacing and I'm not sure if John Cusack was a good choice for the villain, but I enjoyed it. I actually had to check twice after seeing Kidman on screen for the first time to make sure it was her. She still has the body of someone half her age. I just couldn't believe it was her.

Smellycat

Nicole Kidman actually went through a phase were she didn't look good after her plastic surgery. She finally "corrected" that look and now looks even more stunning

Wonder Woman vs Black Adam in ancient Egypt flashback.

Hoping that desert in the BvS trailer is Kahndaq, with the soldiers being a Black Adam paramilitary group mistaking Supes for Adam returning. I think WB will be going hard with universe building in both movies next year, going by some of the rumors.

Ahasverus

Hoping that desert in the BvS trailer is Kahndaq, with the soldiers being a Black Adam paramilitary group mistaking Supes for Adam returning. I think WB will be going hard with universe building in both movies next year, going by some of the rumors.
It's been actually oconfirmed by an extra that was Temischyra.

She needs the money, doing fucking meerkat commercials. I thought it was bad when they had Arnie doing them, but Nicole is an actual actor...not a walking parody.

ryan299

Looks more like a Hera to me.

I just hope that Eva Green rumor is true.

I need my Shazam and Lanterns already.

I'm surprised nobody followed up on that. The film starts shooting soon and we only have two confirmed cast members. Also hope Sean Bean is in it.

Ahasverus

At least she'll have the sculpted from clay aspect of the part down.

I'd prefer Lucy Lawless (because daymn) but I'm sure Kidman could do fine (I've not seen her in a role since Batman)
I don't think I've ever seen Lucy Lawless in a film, only on tv.

Beefy

In the recent advert she is in her face is kind of bloated. So she has recently had more work done.

Hmm, I think she'd be a good Hera, I still like the idea of Cate Blanchett being Hippolyta.

Wait, did someone mention Angelina Jolie being Hippolyta? That would work too, but isn't she a bit young (like still under 40)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom