• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Yakuza 3 for PS4 now available in the west; Yakuza 4 and 5 to follow in October and February

Mista

Banned

The PlayStation 4 version of Yakuza 3 is available now via the PlayStation Store in the Americas and Europe as part of The Yakuza Remastered Collection, Sega announced at Gamescom 2019. The PlayStation 4 versions of Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 will follow on October 29, 2019 and February 11, 2020, respectively.

A “very limited run” physical box set called The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition, which includes Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 on two discs, will be released alongside the digital release of Yakuza 5 on February 11, 2020.

Get the details below:
What’s Changed in The Yakuza Remastered Collection?

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is far from a typical console generation port. In addition to graphical and performance upgrades (720p –> 1080p at 30fps –> 60fps), all three games have gone through a rigorous re-localization process. The English scripts for each game have been reviewed, revised, and even rewritten in some cases, and content previously cut from the western releases of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 have been re-added in The Yakuza Remastered Collection.

In Yakuza 3, this means the Mahjong, Shogi, Massage Parlor, and ever-popular Cabaret minigames, as well as a collection of Substories cut from the original release, are now available in the West for the first time!

Several quality-of-life changes have also been added for each release in the collection, including a Substory tracker on the map and the ability to toggle between English and Japanese written lyrics during Karaoke.

The Yakuza Remastered Collection Release Details:

The Yakuza Remastered Collection is available now digitally for $59.99 and includes Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5—previously only available for PlayStation 3—beautifully remastered in 1080p at 60fps.

Yakuza 3 is available to download and play immediately after purchasing the collection—Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 will become available on October 29, 2019 and February 11, 2020 respectively.

A limited run of The Yakuza Remastered Collection: Day One Edition will release on February 11, 2020 for $59.99, and contains Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5 on two disks in a striking red collectible case emblazoned with Kiryu’s trademark dragon tattoo. This release marks the first time Yakuza 5 will be available in a physical format in the west, so the collection also includes a genuine Yakuza 5 PS3 case; after five years since the game’s original release, series collectors can finally fill the gap in their library! Supplies are very limited, so get your order in while supplies last!

Yakuza-Collection_08-20-19_Box.jpg

The Yakuza Remastered Collection Features:

• Complete the Journey of the Dragon: The Yakuza Remastered Collection brings the final missing chapters in Kiryu’s story to the PlayStation 4. From Yakuza 0 to Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, players can now experience the full story of The Dragon of Dojima, all on a single platform.
  • Remastered and Refreshed: All three games in the collection have received impressive graphical and performance upgrades, from 720p at 30fps to 1080p at 60fps and have also gone through a rigorous re-localization process. Missing content from the original Western releases has been re-added to the remastered versions, and the full English scripts have been reviewed, revised, and had portions rewritten for accuracy alongside the original Japanese releases.
Gematsu

Last edited:

Fbh

Would be awesome if 3,4 and 5 get a simultaneous release instead of having to wait a year or more in between each game making it west.

Keihart

TBH, i haven't touched 6 because i still haven't finished 5 on PS3, i have a hard time booting up the console, everything is so slow :(

mejin

So fuckn nice! Thanks, SEGA!

- Repolished localization (modern style)
- All content in
- Digital releases as they are ready
- Packaged version available when all the games are ready, preorder starting today.

YukiOnna

In addition:

Daisuke Sato on IGN Live: a Yakuza Ishin localization is "under consideration"; one reason mentioned for the hesitation is that they are not sure if the setting would appeal to the Western audience

Although I fail to understand the hesitation when the likes of Nioh and Sekiro do so well. It would arguably be more acceptable than Yakuza.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
In addition:

Although I fail to understand the hesitation when the likes of Nioh and Sekiro do so well. It would arguably be more acceptable than Yakuza.

Not to mention Ghost of Tsushima in the works that will probably do very well too.

This is the Yakuza (Ishin) I really want!

That's a nice package. I wouldn't have bought 3 if it wasn't bundled because of the cuts if they do the same for pc. This deal is much better than what they offered in Japan. They were probably expecting bigger numbers.

Not to mention Ghost of Tsushima in the works that will probably do very well too.

This is the Yakuza (Ishin) I really want!

As someone who played it and kenzan, why do you want it so bad? The ending ruined it for me with the american style patriotic pride sequitur.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As someone who played it and kenzan, why do you want it so bad? The ending ruined it for me with the american style patriotic pride sequitur.

Never played a Yakuza game, but I am interested in the Feudal setting for the series, especially with Musashi, etc.

Which was the first one in that setting Kenzan or Ishin?

YukiOnna

Ishin's gameplay is super fun. And the story of Sakamoto Ryoma is pretty much of patriotism so it's not really a surprise- I don't mind historical depictions because its just that.

Vawn

Banned
Before a few years ago, I hardly knew Yakuza existed. Now it seems like there is a new Yakuza game, remake, collection or some other big announcement every other week.

Ps4 is getting the full Yakuza and Shenmue experience! Fot this alone (and Shadow of the Colosus remaster), it's the best gen since the DC/PS2 area.

Thanks SEGA. ❤❤❤

Reactions: TLZ

nowhat

Meh, not in the EU store yet.

Technically I have work tomorrow and all that... but I wouldn't have minded to play 3 all night. I just finished Judgment (for the time being, not 100%) and I need my Yakuza fix.

Edit: scratch that, it's there now, but no option to buy separately... who am I kidding, I'll get them anyway. Bought and downloading.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
That's cool (especially for those who are new to the series and haven't played these amazing games) but i would be more interested in a Kenzan and Ishin (physical) collection.

Never played a Yakuza game, but I am interested in the Feudal setting for the series, especially with Musashi, etc.

Which was the first one in that setting Kenzan or Ishin?

Kenzan is both the first game and the oldest setting. It could use a remaster since its a very early ps3 game.

nowhat

Nothing. Only origins digital bundle
What's your region? It seems to be up in EU (and apparently US as well). Try checking back whenever your local store updates, which in my experience is sometime afternoon local time.

Would assume a Pc release is in the pipeline given how they have been releasing them on Steam lately.

RPGCrazied

No Amazon preorder yet. I'm so in for the physical version. I'm glad they are doing it all in one set for only $59.99. There is a lot of value there specially to newcomers.

Mista

Banned
What's your region? It seems to be up in EU (and apparently US as well). Try checking back whenever your local store updates, which in my experience is sometime afternoon local time.
US is my main but got UK and Japanese as well. Care to shoot me a link if you don’t mind? Thank you

The Snake

Did it come out before 3 as well? If I were to start playing Yakuza, which is the first one to start with in order of release and story arch?

Edit: found it.

HLkxbjK.png

Start with 1 remake (Kiwami) or Zero. I would say Yakuza is very rare in that you'll actually be okay starting with the prequel. Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of 1 and 2 that make it play closer to the game engine that started with 3.

0 > 1 (Kiwami) > 2 (Kiwami 2) > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Judgment

Kenzan, Ishin, and everything else are side content for diehard fans of the series.

sublimit

Banned
Did it come out before 3 as well? If I were to start playing Yakuza, which is the first one to start with in order of release and story arch?

Edit: found it.

HLkxbjK.png

Kenzan (and Ishin) are spin-offs where you see characters from the main series in the Edo period. You don't need to play them in order to understand the story arc of the main series.

Start with 1 remake (Kiwami) or Zero. I would say Yakuza is very rare in that you'll actually be okay starting with the prequel. Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are remakes of 1 and 2 that make it play closer to the game engine that started with 3.

0 > 1 (Kiwami) > 2 (Kiwami 2) > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Judgment

Kenzan, Ishin, and everything else are side content for diehard fans of the series.
Judgement is not a part of the series.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'll buy them all, but I'm waaaaay behind on this series now. Haven't played Kiwami 2 (though I played 2 when it first launched), 5, or 6. Or Judgment. Or the FOTNS spin-off.

Top Bottom