• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zombie Apocalypse Is Imminent

Experts Warn Fatal ‘Zombie’ Deer Disease Could Spread To Humans
Hunters are urged to be on the lookout for symptoms of chronic wasting disease, though they can take years to appear after infection.

Health experts are warning that a fatal infectious disease that is spreading across the country among deer, elk and moose may be transmittable to humans.
Chronic wasting disease (CWD), which is described as a progressive, fatal disease that affects the brain, spinal cord and other tissues of animals, has been documented in at least 24 states as of January, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said.
The disease, which can take years for symptoms to appear after infection, is believed to spread through bodily fluids like feces, saliva, blood, or urine, by both direct and indirect contact in the environment. There are no treatments or vaccines.

The symptoms, which have been compared to those of zombies, may include drastic weight loss, stumbling, lack of coordination, listlessness, drooling, excessive thirst or urination, drooping ears, lack of fear of people, and aggression.
Though there have been no confirmed animal to human transmissions, some health officials, pointing to laboratory tests, say it may be only a matter of time.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/deer-disease-may-spread-to-humans_us_5c62db95e4b0b50014a9f198

So, instead of bites, we get turned into zombies by being peed/spat/shitted on? Can't say I like this twist...

tkscz

And this is why deer are hunted. By the way, the 24 states this has been spotted in are, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
tumblr_oxmz1sp5XC1ty8mi0o2_r1_500.gif

Train to Busan anyone?

God Enel

Finally. Win win situation for me. If I survive I can shoot and slaughter some assholes. If I’m a zombie I can chew on some assholes.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Of course it is. All it takes is a look at the topics we discuss in the politics forum to confirm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom