• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a turtle that turns 190 years old today

Bragr

Banned
The world's oldest living animal, Jonathan the Tortoise, turns 190. He is assumed to be born in 1832. He was brought to St. Helena (Seychelles) in 1882 as a gift and has been roaming around ever since. The previous oldest turtle was Tu'i Malila, who lived to be 188 and died in 1965.

Happy birthday.

"Hollins added: “In spite of his age, Jonathan still has a good libido and is seen frequently to mate with Emma and sometimes Fred – animals are often not particularly gender-sensitive!”

221203004414-jonathan-tortoise-file.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/03/...ena-jonathan-190-birthday-intl-hnk/index.html

Wildebeest

They don't age the same way as humans. They stay physically young and healthy until one day they just go all at one.

That turtle is a hero. He survived the first and second world wars, the Vietnam war and the covid-19.

My respects to this poor little turtle. 🥺🐢

hope he's living his best life because that sounds miserable to me. 190 years? if i knew i was going to live another 160 years i'd shoot myself right now. but then again i think of shooting myself just thinking about living another day 🤷‍♂️

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
hope he's living his best life because that sounds miserable to me. 190 years? if i knew i was going to live another 160 years i'd shoot myself right now. but then again i think of shooting myself just thinking about living another day 🤷‍♂️

Talk it out. We're here to listen. Whatever is happening in your life it's not worth ending it.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Turtle doesnt age the same way as human

Wildebeest

There are Greenland sharks that scientists claim have lived at least twice as long as Jonathan in the wild. The Guinness Book of Records is fun, but it isn't science.

Top Bottom