• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (PC)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've barely seen this thing discussed anywhere, it quietly released in August and snuck into the Metacritic top 20 for the year, albeit with only 9 reviews. I gave it a whirl yesterday and ended up finishing it in two sittings, it's only a short ~5 hour romp, but it was worth every penny given the price.

I don't really want to post any screenshots or give too much away, since the whole point is that the nature of the game constantly changes and throws a ton of fun little activities, nods to existing games and industry barbs at you, though for the most part I'd just say it's a puzzle game that you couldn't really get away with on a console. Doesn't so much break the fourth wall as pretend it was never there in the first place, lots of metahumour, and you can tell that it was made with a good amount of love.

It's 30% off on Steam right now and I recommend it to anyone who thinks the above sounds remotely interesting, but I would suggest not looking anything up first, just try it and refund it before 2 hours if you're not a fan. Was a great little palate cleanser for me between 50+ hour map clearing games. If you're put off by "lazy pixelated indie shit" this ain't the thread for you.

Top Bottom