• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

they should make playstation all-stars battle royale game with battle royale

OP, are you absolutely sure you were drinking Coca-Cola?

Yes, and I am absolutely sure that Coke, and lack of capitals, and general zaniness of the OP worked well. There's a big bunch of replies focusing on that, more than my saner threads tend to get at all. The last time I got more, it was due to thread being unintentionally less comprehensible.

Screw the multiverse. Just have 100 character and everyone gets assigned one at random.

This is a pretty good idea for a Halloween mode or something. I think that it would be very alienating as an exclusive setup.

I agree with your reasoning why the game failed, focus on the kill system and a low budget and poor support from Sony itself. But you're wanting is the wrong type of genre change in my opinon. A power stone type clone would be everything if they try to do some sort of spiritual successor.

Naw, Ill take my Power Stone spiritual successor thank you very much

Based on five minutes of YouTube Power Stone footage, it doesn't seem too different from what I was imagining. I mean, you have a split screen instead of a shared one, with camera control, and there's a mode with bigger stage and more characters - is that a huge problem? Or maybe you assume I wanted to put hitscan spam into a party shooter? Or maybe you want characters to focus on melee and pickups while ignoring built-in projectiles? Elaboration would be welcome.

I'm not sure if it was you who had a post in this place earlier, but if it was you, then you clearly took this whole thing too personally. And if it wasn't you, then someone else did.

Reminder, just in case: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is how the PS3/Vita game is already called. The idea of posting this started with overanalysis of naming coincidence that doesn't even qualify as a pun (though PSAS party TPS was a concept I had in my head for a while, and not an original one).

PSASBG, PSASBR:BG, or PSASBR:pSBG Ft. Dante From The Devil May Cry Series?
PlayStation All-Stars Kerfuffle, Featuring Dante From Dante's Inferno Series.

I see there's a bunch of people who would want PSASPS, but that title I can't see happening.

Just completely rip off smash brothers next time. Don't try anything different. Just smash with a Playstation skin
This is pretty much what they attempted to do anyway. Oh sure, now we know that the gameplay changes they made were pretty crucial to everything. There is a point where you need to make some changes though unless you literally clone one of past Smash entries down to the offsets of Mario's hitbox and swap models for your own ones. If anything, the few people (edit: I knew) IRL that knew of PSASBR tended to already dismiss it on being too similar to Smash.

No, because the main draw of PUBG is the competitive/pseudo-balanced nature of it all. Everyone starts with nothing and (in theory) has the same opportunities to gear up and win. All it takes is a little map knowledge and aiming skill.

A game with pre-made characters destroys that illusion of balance and would end up with people gravitating towards the characters with the most inherent starting benefit.

This is actually surprisingly similar to the previous quoted post in essence, now that I think about it. "Don't clone a feature, or clone the whole game"?

Unless you are referring to the part where I said in the OP that it wouldn't be a big change. If so, sorry, it was a joke, one of the many. I was trying to tie it with my initial thoughts on PSASBR's super kills.

I like that knack idea
Sounds hilarious x tense
You better hope you don't kill anyone until the final 5

I'm pretty sure that whoever made such a game would take measures against such strategy. Probably giving bigger Knacks benefits slightly outweighing the disadvantages. such as more HP and better attacks.

Top Bottom