• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

They're back... David Tennant and Catherine Tate return to Doctor Who

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

Russell T Davies, Showrunner says: “They're back! And it looks impossible - first, we announce a new Doctor, and then an old Doctor, along with the wonderful Donna, what on earth is happening? Maybe this is a missing story. Or a parallel world. Or a dream, or a trick, or a flashback. The only thing I can confirm is that it’s going to be spectacular, as two of our greatest stars reunite for the battle of a lifetime.”
i dont want to go doctor who GIF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember when this show used to be good.

Hope they (the BBC, not RTD) don't shit all over Tennant's legacy

Pejo

Will this season be based almost entirely on earth in India instead of literally anywhere else in time or space?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
That would be amazing, even if just for all the salt coming from the audience they were pandering too. Just like the Ghostbusters 2016 fans crying it got memory holed.

Literally, all they have to do is have David Tennant wake up, confused and try to piece everything together only to find out that he had died as Peter Capaldi and transformed into the female doctor while still stuck inside of the isolated castle, trying desperately to punch through the Azbantium wall. He went crazy and imagined the last few adventures before spending a season of figuring out how he escaped and why he transformed again.

Then the final scene of realization and learning the truth he says “Oh thank god none of that was real. I would feckin’ kill myself if I thought I was the chosen one”

nush

Literally, all they have to do is have David Tennant wake up, confused and try to piece everything together only to find out that he had died as Peter Capaldi and transformed into the female doctor while still stuck inside of the isolated castle, trying desperately to punch through the Azbantium wall. He went crazy and imagined the last few adventures before spending a season of figuring out how he escaped and why he transformed again.

Then the final scene of realization and learning the truth he says “Oh thank god none of that was real. I would feckin’ kill myself if I thought I was the chosen one”

This is Russel T Davis, the Tardis will do "A thing" and everything will be solved. He never puts that much effort into getting out of corners he's written himself into. Even though this time it's someone else's corner he's inherited.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
This is Russel T Davis, the Tardis will do "A thing" and everything will be solved. He never puts that much effort into getting out of corners he's written himself into. Even though this time it's someone else's corner he's inherited.

True, but you never know. I would rather hope for the best for a series that used to mean the world to so many and inspired tens of thousands into scientific fields and adventure.

Pagusas

Elden Member
i’m just excited to have RTD’s bright and colorful looks and feel back. I hate the look of Chin-ball’s doctor. And the last few seasons of Moffat’s doctor got darker and darker in color pallet overall. RTD knew how to balance light hearted and serious drama, both in script and show pallet.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I assume this a lost Doctor and Donna story where they cross paths with the new Doctor. The Doctor may regen at the start of the episode for a change.

When is this special supposed to come out? Edit: Oh. I see. It is in Autumn 2022. Taking forever.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
Just when we find out the Doctor is a lesbian, she dies. Great writing, Chibbs.

The thing is, I don't think Yaz is into her that way.

It is a trope.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
Actually, I did not know Ace was gay. Apparently, it was in the Survival episode. Totally flew over my head.
This this from the TV Tropes site:
  • The final serial of the original series, "Survival", has Ace falling in love with Karra, and they have many Lesbian Moments before Karra is summarily dispatched.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
You get both Tegan and Ace in Jodie's last episode. That will be cool. If Ace calls her "Professor", I will laugh my ass off.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I hope they will find some way to rebuild the universe after the Flux. Also, I guess the sun was not destroyed. The moon is probably gone.

The Flux kind of screwed things up and Chibnall did not press a reset button. Davies is good about doing that.

I assume the Earth and the sun are the only things left in the solar system. That would really cause gravitational problems. It is so stupid.

Either that or "Time" fixed things. Yeah. Time is an entity now. Chibbs!!!!!!!

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
HUGE spoilers if true but rumours are that
both Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi might be filming some scenes. Also, some speculation that Amy and Rory will return. Wilf is back and that's confirmed! A popular theory is that Jodie will regenerate into Tennant and then Tennant into Ncuti. And apparently the new companion is Tanya Reynolds who starred in Sex Education alongside Ncuti!

Tanya-Reynolds-1.jpg

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I hope they will find some way to rebuild the universe after the Flux. Also, I guess the sun was not destroyed. The moon is probably gone.

The Flux kind of screwed things up and Chibnall did not press a reset button. Davies is good about doing that.

I assume the Earth and the sun are the only things left in the solar system. That would really cause gravitational problems. It is so stupid.

Either that or "Time" fixed things. Yeah. Time is an entity now. Chibbs!!!!!!!
It's Doctor Who and that means Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly. The show has been going for 60 years and one reason for that is because they can ignore stuff "because time". Imagine if they tried to make everything that ever happened canon.

It'll be no problem to retcon a lot of the mess Chibnall made. It'll effectively be a clean slate and perhaps a soft reboot. They'll just bring in a character to reset the universe with a line of dialogue or pressing a big button.

Krathoon

Gold Member
They did have that episode with those godlike characters. Something like that could reset things.
I think that was also during Jodie's run.
I am sure Davies will do something.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Tennant theory
It is totally possible for the Doctor to go back to a past regeneration. She has all the DNA of past Doctors. The showed that way back in the second episode of the first season on New Who.

nush

HUGE spoilers if true but rumours are that
both Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi might be filming some scenes. Also, some speculation that Amy and Rory will return. Wilf is back and that's confirmed! A popular theory is that Jodie will regenerate into Tennant and then Tennant into Ncuti. And apparently the new companion is Tanya Reynolds who starred in Sex Education.

Tanya-Reynolds-1.jpg
470237.jpg

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just make a new thing and stop desperately grabbing shit from when the show was good.
The entire modern version of the show is based upon fanservice callbacks from earlier in the series starting with Eccleston's run. I won't defend the obvious decline of the writing, but to tell Doctor Who to not make fanservice based callbacks from its history is like telling a bear to not shit in the woods. It's what they do. The fanbase eats that shit up. Myself included by the way and that isn't going to change so long as they have the ability to do it if it is at all possible when the specials come around.

They did it before the rise to mainstream popularity, they did it during its fall from grace, and they are gonna do it until the show is dead and gone.

Just accept it lol

Top Bottom