• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Digital Games video made me physically angry.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Ok before you watch, you should know that I have mostly a digital library. I love gamepass ultimate and I have a pretty beefy PC where 100% of my games are digital.

Still, this video immediately triggered me because it feels like Xbox is pushing people toward digital when it's already becoming the norm whether we like it or not.

It feels unnecessary. I try to see both sides of things pretty often, so I can understand for the uninitiated this video may be helpful. However I don't even think the general public needs a push to digital.

Let them decide for themselves Xbox. Here's the video, Imma go punch something.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
its-called-xbox-360.jpg

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Thankfully, this picture is wayyy worse than the video in the original post.

I found it strange that my initial reaction to the video was "wtf is this shit" even though I'm like 90 percent digital myself. It kinda tells me that I'm not happy being as digital as I am. That maybe I do it because I'm a slave to my own laziness.

I'm part of the problem.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Actually it's a great video, everything he says is true. It's a good way for those who are attached to disks can see what they are missing, and why they might want to go all digital.
For me the pro's for pure digital far, far outweigh the cons. (access to all games at once, easy portability to each machine, game sharing in the household, no worrying about where games are, fast loading/quick resume, pre-loading new releases, etc)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
It feels unnecessary. I try to see both sides of things pretty often, so I can understand for the uninitiated this video may be helpful. However I don't even think the general public needs a push to digital.
Well given the dreadful state of their digital platform on PC, they need all the help they can get to get people not to leave. For all the praise GamePass gets for 'value' - it (on PC anyway) also decidedly feels like 'you get what you paid for' type of thing.

urmie

MS should not be able to sell their digital only Series S console and services? Where's was this outrage when Steam launched? Valve didn't set things in motion, Netflix didn't set things in motion, other major global markets who are already in digital age didn't set things in motion, nah, it was super evil MS many years later who are "pushing people to digital". /s

People can make decisions on their own, companies can sell what they wish how they want and folks may see convenience and price as positives to go digital.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
"Why digital games ?"
*Because we can earn more money by selling you full price games asshole and totally control your library, it's better for you, also we are a company, trust us, also it's [insert_year] loser*

PS: don't forget to subscribe to all our services and give us infinite power money

Best Regards,
You buddy Phil.

/s
Revenge Of The Sith Power GIF by Star Wars

Last edited:
It's a solid video for the masses and mums and dads out there to clear things up and show off features/benefits. Why would you get angry at this OP? It's not like they put a doom and gloom spin on it like TV shopping. They just put their best foot forward.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
The video is fine, though he's not saying anything new and exciting to entice someone like me who buys primarily physical games to move to digital. The only legitimate selling point he has is quick resume.

For his other reasons:
I don't have to get up off my couch to switch games!

cdc.jpg

Seriously, are people this lazy these days? Yeah, you don't have to get your ass up. You also can't ever sell those games back to reinvest into other games or whatever else. Congrats on making poor a financial decision and also doing even less exercise in your average day.

It's convenient to buy everything from one online store! No more going out to physical stores!

Again, on no - physical movement of your body! The horror! Also, has he ever heard of Amazon? Best Buy? Walmart? You can order physical games from pretty much anywhere and get them delivered to your doorstep. Also, yes, really coinvent to buy from one place... and be at the mercy of that one place's pricing and sales cadence. With physical you can catch deals from all the major large retailers, smaller stores, or even go to the used market to save major money (and also retain the ability to sell your game after completion or if it's not doing it for you).

Sorry, digital can piss off, unless they are literally giving the games away for 90% or more off retail price.

Top Bottom