• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
so, what's the deal with windows 10? I'm not a PC gamer but steam is pretty popular, I never hear bad things about it. so is this windows 10 stuff fragmenting the PC community?

Windows 10 in itself is great. What PC gamers are reacting to is MS releasing their games exclusively through the Windows Store, meaning there are limitations to support for CrossFIre/SLI, mods, tweaking .ini files and such.

RowdyReverb

I just realized in Metroid 2 that you can only hold one beam type at a time, unlike later entries. Am I going to need to pick these up in a specific, strategic order, or can I just swap them out as I encounter new ones?

PtM

Banned
I just realized in Metroid 2 that you can only hold one beam type at a time, unlike later entries. Am I going to need to pick these up in a specific, strategic order, or can I just swap them out as I encounter new ones?
You should be able to go back and swap them back, if necessary.

Epcott

I have a cable box that doesn't have HDMI (instead it has the old RGB component cables for SD). I'd like to somehow connect it to my Xbox One, is there a device that will allow me to do this? Or am I boned?

I have a landlord that is too cheap to get the HD FiOS box.

Will anyone buy a VR helmet and dismiss it because they don't have headphones?

Can you imagine people who even buy a package ready to go but the audio isn't up to snuff, Do they package headphones? Or do they just hope people get it?

jdstorm

Banned
Will anyone buy a VR helmet and dismiss it because they don't have headphones?

Can you imagine people who even buy a package ready to go but the audio isn't up to snuff, Do they package headphones? Or do they just hope people get it?

The PSVR packages headphones. But they look like cheap earbuds. Definitely not premium stuff.

Question. how did I leave vanquish on my shelf for months before finally playing it?

dadjumper

Is it worth buying Guilty Gear Xrd on sale on PSN or should I wait for Revelator? Have they said if there'll be a way to upgrade or would I have to re-buy the game when the new version comes out?

Demise

Is it worth buying Guilty Gear Xrd on sale on PSN or should I wait for Revelator? Have they said if there'll be a way to upgrade or would I have to re-buy the game when the new version comes out?

No way to upgrade, Arksys is known to understand shit about upgrade and milk their fans out with each new iteration of a game. Wait for revelator, if you can, you should even wait for the finale version since you can't be sure they won't release XRD "whatever" next year.

tornjaw

Question about the Gears of War Ultimate Edition/Rare Replay Bundle seen here:
gears_rreplay_zpsqcnlvytv.jpg

Is it one disc with both titles on it or two separate discs that are identical to the individual copies of the game(s)? Thanks for any replies.

A friend of mine wants to buy a new TV and I was wondering if someone has some recommendations on which models are currently good picks.

Its mainly for gaming(Ps4) but also watching football(soccer) and netflix and occasionally BluRays.
His budget is about 700-1000€

Is it smart to go for 4k even though there is no 4k content? Or is it better to pick a FullHD TV in the same price range, will the image quality be better?

PtM

Banned
A friend of mine wants to buy a new TV and I was wondering if someone has some recommendations on which models are currently good picks.

Its mainly for gaming(Ps4) but also watching football(soccer) and netflix and occasionally BluRays.
His budget is about 700-1000€

Is it smart to go for 4k even though there is no 4k content? Or is it better to pick a FullHD TV in the same price range, will the image quality be better?
Try asking these guys:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=516410

Sarcasm

Wife bought a new pc here in Taiwan and it came with a bunch of software and games.

Csgo is ww key but I have a question about the f2p codes, are they tired to Taiwan? The site I got them from was in English, also an Intel website. Anyways to tell?

What are the odds of us ever seeing a Demon's Souls remaster on the PS4?

Is there anything that completely rules out a remaster (license/developer issues etc.) similar to Red Dead Redemption or is it still a possibility?

Podge293

I have a cable box that doesn't have HDMI (instead it has the old RGB component cables for SD). I'd like to somehow connect it to my Xbox One, is there a device that will allow me to do this? Or am I boned?

I have a landlord that is too cheap to get the HD FiOS box.

There is a bunch on eBay that'll allow you to do this. Not sure if you can link eBay so I pmd it to you

why the hell do console versions of old games have local multiplayer but the feature is dropped in PC versions of the same games instead substituted for LAN multiplayer. It's not the same thing, what the hell was wrong with those devs? I'm talking about N64 and Gamecube games like Episode 1 Racer and NFSU2. Such great local MP but the PC versions are gimped with broken LAN components.

why the hell do console versions of old games have local multiplayer but the feature is dropped in PC versions of the same games instead substituted for LAN multiplayer. It's not the same thing, what the hell was wrong with those devs? I'm talking about N64 and Gamecube games like Episode 1 Racer and NFSU2. Such great local MP but the PC versions are gimped with broken LAN components.

It's only a guess, but it could be because the N64 had 4 controller ports native in the system hardware, whereas most PCs do not. But then again you could use USB controllers, so I dunno.

xVodevil

This might be the biggest curse of PC ports...

Mattenth

Is Star Wars Battlefront even worth getting on PC? I don't plan on getting the DLC right away either.

Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for an arcade shooter to kill an hour or so, Battlefront is amazing.

If you're looking for a deep shooter with lots of mechanics and abilities to master, then stick with something like PVZ:GW2, CS:GO, or just TF2.

PtM

Banned
It's probably cheaper to implement and kinda fits with the stereotypes.

Someone gave me a eshop card for my birthday, and I saw that RE has a deep discount. I want to buy it but I have a 2GB SD card on my 3DS. Currently I'm dirty poor, so no, I can't even afford a 4GB SD card before the offer ends. Is there a way to buy it, and then later download it or something?

JSoup

Banned
Someone gave me a eshop card for my birthday, and I saw that RE has a deep discount. I want to buy it but I have a 2GB SD card on my 3DS. Currently I'm dirty poor, so no, I can't even afford a 4GB SD card before the offer ends. Is there a way to buy it, and then later download it or something?

Yeah, just buy it and don't click "download now". It'll be in your account history when you have the correct SD card.

PtM

Banned
No, you can't process the buy without enough memory. Perhaps you can get a dl code for the same price? Else at least there's the solace that Capcom sales are a recurring thing.

Wow. Why design it like that?
Better safe than sorry.

Red Hood

Banned
How easy is it to make a EU Wii-U account?

You mean an NNID? As easy as it could be, I'd say. Register via the console, and confirm through the link in the email you entered. Log in with your personal data, and voila.

It's the flexibility - or rather the inflexibility - a lot of people are having issues with, but that's a discussion for another day.

Top Bottom