• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This time on sequel reveal week; MOTORSTORM 3

So... post apocalyptic was right...

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd prefer a PS3 artic edge.

Also, crumbling buildings lol.

deathberry

Neo Member
I want buildings falling all over the place and blowing the hell up. And I want to be able to go through all of this destruction as it's happening.

Too much Split/Second and Blur.

EDIT: Just saw the last pic in OP.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
nvm :lol

I'm guessing it's gonna be also in 3D since the images are sort of doubled or something.

deathberry said:
I want buildings falling all over the place and blowing the hell up. And I want to be able to go through all of this destruction as it's happening.

Too much Split/Second and Blur.

There's a building falling in one of the photos.

ULTROS! said:
[]http://img2.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-5_0900041216.jpg[/img]
[]http://img2.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-2_0900041214.jpg[/img]
[]http://img2.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-18_0900041217.jpg[/img]
[]http://img2.ps3gen.fr/motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-5_0900041215.jpg[/img]

linkie

They're in the OP, and not as big >.<

motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-4_09030001BB00041213.jpg

A focus camera button, on a racing game. I'm intrigued.

BeeDog

Hmm, guess I got über-happy too early. Dunno what to think of this change in direction yet, a bit too gritty colors and the Split/Second-ish elements are perhaps not what I would want in MotorStorm. The off-screen pics are pretty shitty though, and I hope the proper reveal will blow me away.

stuminus3

Excellent, it should be out just in time for rank 7 of Pacific Rift to destroy any last sliver of soul I have.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Metalmurphy said:
They're in the OP, and not as big >.<

motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-4_09030001BB00041213.jpg

A focus camera button, on a racing game. I'm intrigued.

Was late :lol

noah111

Still Alive
Yeah, i'm not sure i'm diggin it either.. hate to say it, but in comparison to the previous titles, it's just too gritty/dry. I'll miss the forest etc, if in fact they are missing in this one. :\

RavenFox

Banned
Will purchase and hopefully we get some better shots instead of those atrocities in OP.
REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Cool, I like me some MotorStorm, even when it's, ahem, paying homage to Split/Second.
joke post?

ULTROS!

So wait... This game was not meant for E3 also? :lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
You sure have a neck for saying something stupid don't you?

It's offscreen photos for crying out loud :lol

I hope so, cause I wanna run them over.

Offscreen was perfectly fine for determining FFXIII 360 was running at a sub HD resolution.

Mr_Brit said:
Offscreen was perfectly fine for determining FFXIII 360 was running at a sub HD resolution.

No, it wasn't. You have diferent angle to be able to count the stairs, nor do you have the native or even upscaled (if it was subHD) resolution on those PHOTOS.

Xater

Ok that looks like a big departure. Exactly what I wanted. I got tired of MS2 and now I am back on board. :D

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Metalmurphy said:
You sure have a neck for saying something stupid don't you?

It's offscreen photos for crying out loud :lol

Which usually look better.

I love MS but I'm worried about this title tbh, and I'm definitely not loving those scrennies, I hope this is a good game I really do but if 3D ends up dumbing this title down in anyway I'm going to cry.

Gravijah said:
Given how close they are, I think it's impossible NOT to run them over, unless this game is the sequel to Felony 11-79.

Or it could be like midtown madness, they always jumped at the last second >.< Fast bastards.

lowrider007 said:
Which usually look better.
It's not about looking better, it's about determining it if its subHD or not. Looking better only proves my point on how it's impossible to tell if its subHD or not.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
eewwwww....

Looks like a generic ps2 game :< and I loved pacific rift for its great environments.

3d better not ruin this game.

Also what is with the split/second looking thing at the end.

Agent X

Gold Member
Metalmurphy said:
So... post apocalyptic was right...

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd prefer a PS3 artic edge.

I think I would, too. Arctic Edge is beautiful by PSP standards. I'd love to see what it would look like on PS3 with an engine comparable to Pacific Rift powering it.

This looks too dark and dreary compared to previous MotorStorm games.

52club

Motorstorm 2 was entertaining for around 20 hours. I'm really looking forward to the next one, assuming my 60 gig hangs in there.

Haunted

I'm loving Split/Second, so if Motorstorm goes in that direction I'm all for it!.

Screens look underwhelming, but I'm sure proper direct feed will rectify that.

noah111

Still Alive
Mr_Brit said:
Looks sub hd. Thanks a lot 3D.
Ok, I found the KZ3 comment questionable but this just confirms troll account. :lol

Anyway, the one thing i'm liking about the shift is the environment space. It's never been exactly linear/closed off in MS but this appears to be quite a bit more open spaced (hoping).

Gravijah

matthsv said:
eewwwww....

Looks like a generic ps2 game :< and I loved pacific rift for its great environments.

What the fuck? Have you played a PS2 game recently?

ULTROS!

darkwing said:
its leaking everywhere

Infamous 2, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Killzone 3, and LittleBigPlanet 2 were awesome leaks.

matthsv said:
eewwwww....

How is racing in a town while buildings crumble generic oO

Also lets not freak out people. It's one track, MS2 had tons of variety, no reason to think this one is gonna have no variety.

Top Bottom