• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu etc. Japan news

neo2046

DS Project Hacker
DS Magical vacation DS
DS Zoid Dash

Looking good, this is the one which is supposedly only playable with the touchpen right? No "normal" controls.

yes, it seems the game is touchpen only

Magical Vacation looks great... I hope there are some FFIII screens though. We've barely seen any and it's supposed to be due in July?

neo2046

duckroll said:
Why does it look like a DC game. :(

But.... Online = awesome!
have you played Culdcept before?
honestly, even the game in 2D will not hurt the gameplay of the game
it is an awesome card game :D

duckroll

neo2046 said:
have you played Culdcept before?
honestly, even the game in 2D will not hurt the gameplay of the game
it is an awesome card game :D

Of course I have. That's not the point though, clearly MS secured it as an Xbox360 exclusive hoping to move the console in Japan. This isn't going to help. :p

bloke

duckroll said:
Why does it look like a DC game. :(
Nah, DC version looks like GBA in comparasion. Though I think they westernized it a bit, I mean gave it more serious and darker look.

duckroll

bloke said:
Nah, DC version looks like GBA in comparasion. Though I think they westernized it a bit, I mean gave it more serious and darker look.

Dude, I'm not saying it looks like Culdcept DC! I'm saying it looks like a well... above average DC game! :lol

duckroll

PhoenixDark said:
FFIII...online? How will that work?

Maybe like how Tales of the Tempest's mode will work? A mini-lobby you can invite 3 other friends into to do special multiplayer only quests? Maybe! :D

Cheebs

Tales is an action RPG, it is easier to do seperate players in that. FFIII is turned based won't it be a bit hard to do turned based co-op?

My guess? FFCC was annouced for DS then never showed up. I am predicting FFIII's online multiplayer mode is a FFCC type of game and FFCC DS became a part of FFIII.

bloke

duckroll said:
Dude, I'm not saying it looks like Culdcept DC! I'm saying it looks like a well... above average DC game!
I dunno, gameplay maps/boards look detailed enough for me.
And looks like game is pretty much safe for western release, webtranslated
・The event is an English full voice.
・North America market is considered. The Japan-U.S. fighting also
・Development situation: 70%

jarrod

Banned
I think FF3's network mode is probably going to just be a vs. mode for leveling/prizes and working out your party. Similar to Golden Sun or Pokemon.

Cheebs

jarrod said:
I think FF3's network mode is probably going to just be a vs. mode for leveling/prizes and working out your party. Similar to Golden Sun or Pokemon.
If so I doubt it will allow leveling up much like Pokemon does not in vs. mode. Going online and constantly battling could easily bump up the teams level beyond what the game expects the user to have at that point in the story making the main game kind of cheap since you could walk right through it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Guns N' Poops said:
A player vs player battle mode and equipment/item trading?

Wouldn't it be something cool if only certain items randomly generated in certain games?
Like how some versions of Pokemon have unique Pokemon only to their versions, but this was done on a massive scale, with rare items?

That way, to 100% the game, you would *HAVE* to log on to Wi Fi and trade with other players. Hell, you could put up your uniques in an Arena and battle for posession of rare/unique prizes, contest over who can collect/win the most prizes or honor...

Man, that would be some goodtimes.

Owzers

bloke said:
I dunno, gameplay maps/boards look detailed enough for me.
And looks like game is pretty much safe for western release, webtranslated

must....have....western....release....Culdcept was one of my favorite games from last gen and if it doesn't come out to the U.S. i'll be sad :( As far as graphics go...the PS2 was pretty much sprite based, so seeing these screen shots was pretty shocking. It looks so different :O 4 characters = I hope there are lots of unlockable ones.....which there probably are. iirc there were only a few unlockable characters in the begging of the PS2 one too. I want this game :)

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
neo2046 said:
PS2 Spectral VS Generation 6655
PS2 Okami 1010109
PS2 GARO 6665
X360 N3 8887

GBA Mother 3 10889
PSP Dragonball Z PSP 8767
NDS Tsubasa Chronicle 2 6667
NDS Soroeru Puzzle Fairy Tales Kingdom 7666
NDS Zoo Tycoon DS 6657
Wow, Okami got 39/40? Amazing.
And great score for Mother 3 (35/40)

ethelred

Cheebs said:
Tales is an action RPG, it is easier to do seperate players in that. FFIII is turned based won't it be a bit hard to do turned based co-op?

My guess? FFCC was annouced for DS then never showed up. I am predicting FFIII's online multiplayer mode is a FFCC type of game and FFCC DS became a part of FFIII.

Yoichi Wada said FF: CC DS is still in development at the Wifi Conference last fall.

mutsu

No WiFi support for Magical Vacation = :(

I will never be able to build up my Amigo list, simply because no one around me will be playing the game for sure.

They seem to have simplifed the number of elements in the game... good and bad thing.

ioi

Banned
duckroll said:
1.Sega's Soccer Management shit 153906
2.ACE2 119918
3.More Brain Shit 100218 1795973
4.Animal Crossing 95034 2442397
5.FF12 91078 2148913
6.Pokecrap Ranger 84463 273777
7.Brain 64917 1920467
8.Learn Engrish 47038 707231
9.Baseball shit on PSP 38836
10.AceCombat0 29896 147286
11.Zettai2 28557
12.Narutards Portable 28111
13.Mario Kart DS 25896 1238081
14.Pachislot thing 24039
15.Sangoku Musou 4Empires PS2 23348 76890
16.Rumble BoobsXX 16944
17.Seiken DS 15953 195147
18.Gunparade Orchestra PS2 14289
19.Nintendong 13153 1190722
20.Monster Hunter PSP 12778 576866
21.Xeno1+2 11225
22.Tamagochi 9673 1046679
23.Anvy Taizen 9510 481438
24.Crayon Shit-chan 8872 23837
25.Sengoku Musou2 8344 538313
26.Merheven 7625
27.Sangoku Musou2ndPSP 7623
28.Black Cat 7490
29.Keroro 6145 28361
30.Contact 6064

Thanks Duckroll, much appreciated.

Is there any chance that someone could start posting Famitsu numbers when they come out instead of having to wait over a week until the website is updated?? :D

Matix

DENGEKI: New Scores:

-Okami (PS2, Capcom):
90 / 90 / 90 / 90

-King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 (PS2, SNK Playmore):
85 / 90 / 85 / 85

-Winning Eleven 10 (PS2, Konami):
100 / 90 / 100 / 95

-Rengoku 2: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N (PSP, Konami):
85 / 75 / 80 / 75

-Shinseiki Evangelion 2: Tsukurareshi Sekai - Another Cases (PSP, Bandai):
85 / 75 / 80 /75

Didn't think it was worth making a new topic, so I'm throwing them here...

duckroll

ioi said:
Thanks Duckroll, much appreciated.

Is there any chance that someone could start posting Famitsu numbers when they come out instead of having to wait over a week until the website is updated?? :D

Sure, it's not too much effort. Except sometimes the titles are hard to figure out since the people that post them use ultra-shortforms. This week was easy though. :D

I'll just translate the next list when there's another Famitsu list next week. Might take a bit longer if you want accurate game titles though. This one was done in like 2 minutes. :lol

meltpotato said:
is Culdcept Saga exclusive???!

GET. hopefully it comes over here.

Yeah it is. Hopefully they bring it to the US too, it'll be nice to play with english speaking people over Live. :D

ioi

Banned
duckroll said:
Sure, it's not too much effort. Except sometimes the titles are hard to figure out since the people that post them use ultra-shortforms. This week was easy though. :D

I'll just translate the next list when there's another Famitsu list next week. Might take a bit longer if you want accurate game titles though. This one was done in like 2 minutes. :lol

Awesome, thanks a lot. I'm not too fussed about the names, can figure most of them out and we'll have already had the Media Create list a few days earlier and people tend to be good at getting the full names for that so it should be fairly easy to work out.

Brain shit, english shit, pokemon shit will do :lol

Gawaian

todog said:
First reviews are in (still unconfirmed from gamefront.de)

Okami (PS2, Capcom): 10 / 10 / 10 / 9 - (39/40)
Ninety-Nine Nights (Xbox 360, Microsoft): 8 / 8 / 8 / 7 - (31/40)
Mother 3 (GBA, Nintendo): 10 / 8 / 8 / 9 - (35/40)
Ohhh shit!!! Okami get. Nice score for Mother 3 too.

Chris Michael said:
And wow @ FFIII. With this game, half of Square's games for the DS are all online. But wtf would FFIII use online for?? Battling other parties? Awesome artwork btw.
It's worth noting that early on Final Fantasy X was supposed to use PlayOnline, too. Anyone remember what that was supposed to actually do? I did a bit of searching, but I find things like this story that says

CVG said:
PlayOnline, the mega-developer's Internet portal for both PCs and PlayStation 2, would play a large part in Final Fantasy X, offering not multiplay but upload and download functions to players.

Scott

JoshuaJSlone said:
It's worth noting that early on Final Fantasy X was supposed to use PlayOnline, too. Anyone remember what that was supposed to actually do?
Primarily, it was to allow players to access a seamless in-game guide -- sort of like what FFIX had via the website, only accessible through a "PlayOnline" option on the game's menu system. There's actually a video of this in action floating around the net, where the player is controlling Tidus (in what became the Calm Lands), opens up the menu and connects to PlayOnline (via the bottom-most option, IIRC), and a map pops up with markers and notes about things found within the area, like a mini-bestiary and such.

I believe it was also going to offer a few other things, like a chat option to share strategies and such, also while in-game... which would actually be rather neat. It's really a shame that it, and a lot of their other POL ideas (anybody else remember FFXI Arcade? ;)), fell through so early on, as there was some pretty unique stuff in the pipeline for the service. :\

EDIT: Here's a shakeycam version of it ("FFX Trailer from Square Millennium"): http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/014/014008/vids_35.html

It's actually a lot more interesting than I remembered, as there are lot more differences than just the POL stuff, when compared to the final game -- seamless world, free-roaming camera, brown-haired Tidus, completely different logo, slightly different art style for locales (maybe using Naora's work still?). Interesting stuff. :)

jj984jj said:
Take it with a grain of salt, it is Dengeki, they are worse than Famitsu at times.
hawkins-2.gif

RaijinFY

Scott said:
EDIT: Here's a shakeycam version of it ("FFX Trailer from Square Millennium"): http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/014/014008/vids_35.html

It's actually a lot more interesting than I remembered, as there are lot more differences than just the POL stuff, when compared to the final game -- seamless world, free-roaming camera, brown-haired Tidus, completely different logo, slightly different art style for locales (maybe using Naora's work still?). Interesting stuff. :)

Seemed like It was also in 60fps...

Jiggy

Jonnyram said:
I want to hope at least two of those characters are now female, and the two in the back kind of look like they are, but I don't dare dream.
Though it's S-E's loss if they aren't. No female characters = no sale.

neo2046 said:
new Magical vacation DS screen shots

img10072107696.jpeg
*moves MV2 back up the newer and uglier IGN wishlist to spot 10, above Twilight Princess*

It had better come here. :(

Cheebs said:
They actually did turn-based co-op with FFVI.
It sucked, though, but maybe that has to do with the fact that you were always sitting next to the other player and could work out a cohesive strategy. Although, yeah, even if they fixed that, I could see how it would be a pretty lame online experience...

Elios83

Jiggy37 said:
I want to hope at least two of those characters are now female, and the two in the back kind of look like they are, but I don't dare dream...

The two characters on the left are definetly females...........or not!?:lol :lol

bluemax

Banned
Sweet I can't wait for Mother 3 to ship, I'm totally preordered for the Collectors Pack.

Also Magical Vacation 2 is looking good, wonder if this will get a NA release. Doubt it thought.

And FF3 WiFi?

Man I'm gonna be spending so much on DS this summer.

Top Bottom