• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu news of continued 360 ADV domination: Chaos Head/11eyes announced

Jucksalbe

Banned
icecream said:
(PS2) Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha Versus King Abaddon/Atlus
-10/23 release date
-Plus Edition comes with Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Manaix Chronicle Edition

Aww....I was really hoping for a PS3 title. On the other hand, it is coming out pretty soon. I hope Atlus USA is picking that one up soon, too.
What is that SMT3 edition? Never heard of it.

And yay! for FF4 scores. What score did they give to the old titles? 34/40 seems pretty good for a FF for me.

duckroll

Kazenone said:
No Refia? Fail, I want some chicks in Dissidia.
Edea does not count >:O

The original FF3 characters had no names, and were just Onion Knights. Dissidia pays tribute to the original release as opposed to the remake.

Kazenone

duckroll said:
The original FF3 characters had no names, and were just Onion Knights. Dissidia pays tribute to the original release as opposed to the remake.

I know about the original Onion Knights but I didn't know that Dissidia was going by the original game.

Still no FFIV-VI character reveals yet? I suppose we are waiting for the DKΣ event.

duckroll

Kazenone said:
I know about the original Onion Knights but I didn't know that Dissidia was going by the original game.

Still no FFIV-VI character reveals yet? I suppose we are waiting for the DKΣ event.

FF4-6 will be the last ones to be revealed, yes. They might either be in the trailer at the event this weekend, or revealed leading up to the release. They're announcing the release date at the event, so we'll see what happens there.

Jucksalbe said:
Aww....I was really hoping for a PS3 title. On the other hand, it is coming out pretty soon. I hope Atlus USA is picking that one up soon, too.
What is that SMT3 edition? Never heard of it.
It's an all new edition, apparently. One screen shown has Raidou jumping into the air with a Tsuchigumo beneath him, so it'll at the very least have him as an extra character who probably summons demons of his own for special attacks.

Given it's called "Chronicle Edition," I think we might even seen heroes and villains from a lot of SMT titles this generation. Personally, I take this as a sign that SMT4 is definitely coming, because they released the GBA versions of SMT1 and SMT2 to prepare hype for SMT3.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wonder how wide will be the gap between Dissidia and Birth by Sleep releases.

And Ragnarok DS screens, didn't know it was still coming.

Who is that rat with Ven in the Birth by Sleep screen? I can't remember from what Disney production he is.

Edit: just remembered, it's one of the rats from Cinderella. Looks like we'll have many of the princesses worlds now with Aurora's, Cinderella's and Snow White's being some of the new ones already confirmed by screenshots.

(I'm seeing some stuff from Shonen Jump here, I hope there's not a problem to talk about it in this thread.)

icecream said:
(Wii) Survival Kids 7/7/6/5
Haha.

Prime crotch said:
Ohhhh Onion Knight change jobs and you can even see him as Ninja dual-wielding.
He can also change into a Sage. Looks like the design for the Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness is the only ones not based of previous artwork by Amano (or at least the artwork we've seen by him.)

Looks like the villains will have more females then the heroes side. So far it's looking like the heroes will just have one female from FF6.

Rpgmonkey

Kazenone said:
No Refia? Fail, I want some chicks in Dissidia.
Edea does not count >:O

Since they're using the lead protagonists for all the games in this, VI has a chance of using a female at least...

I hope the IV-VI characters come soon, I want to see Nomura's versions of those the most.

Rpgmonkey

gregor7777 said:
How does Famitsu normally rate Tales games?

Lower-Mid 30s.

Phantasia(SFC)-8/7/6/9 (30)
Destiny (PS)-8/7/8/8 (31)
Eternia (PS)-9/8/8/8 (33)
Destiny 2 (PS2)-9/8/8/8 (33)
Symphonia (GC)-9/8/8/9 (34)
Rebirth (PS2)-8/8/8/8 (32)
Legendia (PS2)-8/8/8/8 (32)
Abyss (PS2)-9/9/9/9 (36)
Tempest (DS)-7/7/7/7 (28)
Innocence (DS)-9/9/8/9 (35)
Symphonia (Wii)-8/8/8/7 (31)
Vesperia (360)-9/9/9/8 (35)

(Those are the scores IIRC, kinda forgot...)

Vesperia pretty much got the average Famitsu score for the Tales games.

Desi

Prime crotch said:
Ohhhh Onion Knight change jobs and you can even see him as Ninja dual-wielding.
Thank goodness. I am so tired of everyone weilding a damn sword. Firion changed it up at least.

I actually wish the Cloud of darkness was green, purple, or something. She reminds me way to much of Ulitmacea that Nomura just did for this game.

Desi said:
Thank goodness. I am so tired of everyone weilding a damn sword. Firion changed it up at least.

I actually wish the Cloud of darkness was green, purple, or something. She reminds me way to much of Ulitmacea that Nomura just did for this game.
Perhaps she has an EX transformation (like Zidane, Kuja, and Jecht) where she transforms into her green form?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
chandoog said:
:eek::eek::eek:

but GAF hates this one, right ?

No, lots of people love Abyss, it's Legendia that's universally reviled, except by Shouta. Abyss was an overall fun game but not without its flaws.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
hey guys, i have a carry over question from the devil summoner 2 topic , if someone here could answer it...

wait, so from what i've been able to gather of duckroll's post, not only are the making the sequel to devil summoner, but they're also making an updated version of Nocturne where the no-name hero is replaced by the devil summoner hero ?

is that right ?

OMG US RELEASE PLEASE !!!

Desi

GoldandBlue said:
Perhaps she has an EX transformation (like Zidane, Kuja, and Jecht) where she transforms into her green form?
Probably, just that pasty form looks so very similar to the FFVIII villain it's disturbing. I wouldn't tell them apart on the character select screen.

Aeana

chandoog said:
hey guys, i have a carry over question from the devil summoner 2 topic , if someone here could answer it...

We don't know. It doesn't say. We just know Raidou is in it. The screenshot makes me think he's an enemy, though. He could just be like Dante, where he's an enemy first, and then an ally. It doesn't say anything about him replacing the hero at all; I don't know where they got that from.

Caelestis

Desi said:
My first thought was that she looks way too much like Ultimecia, too. He could have made her clothes some other color at least...

Oh well, I like Onion Knight's design. I am glad that Nomura didn't use Luneth for this game.

yankee666

I saw the Pro Golfer Saru scans and it looks great!!, anyone saw or knew anything about the anime series??
PD : The main character is a clon of krillin from DBZ with hair:D

duckroll

GoldandBlue said:
He can also change into a Sage. Looks like the design for the Onion Knight and Cloud of Darkness is the only ones not based of previous artwork by Amano (or at least the artwork we've seen by him.)

The swords that the Onion Knight (and the Ninja) used are definitely based on Amano's designs of the two swords for the main character of FF3. The actual job class designs are based directly on the sprite art in the original FF3 as well. The Cloud of Darkness is most likely also based on the sprite art, since I can't find any existing art of her by Amano.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So, Chaos;Head is a graphical novel adventure, I assume? It seems like Higurashi (awesome murder mystery, full of nauseating amounts of moe sprinkled in purely to irritate me)

icecream

Public Health Threat
thetrin said:
So, Chaos;Head is a graphical novel adventure, I assume? It seems like Higurashi (awesome murder mystery, full of nauseating amounts of moe sprinkled in purely to irritate me)

Correct. :D

Fady K

RocketDarkness said:
The Fatal Frame 4 score makes me happy. So does Fire Emblem, for that matter. Release dates please, NoA...

This. I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo want this game =( Most wanted Wii game by faaaaar.

Fady K

_Alkaline_ said:
I really hope we see it by the end of the year. I don't want to wait any longer than that.

Yeah me neither. I think Halloween would be a perfect time to release it. They shouldnt need more than 3 months to localize it hopefully.

duckroll said:
The swords that the Onion Knight (and the Ninja) used are definitely based on Amano's designs of the two swords for the main character of FF3. The actual job class designs are based directly on the sprite art in the original FF3 as well. The Cloud of Darkness is most likely also based on the sprite art, since I can't find any existing art of her by Amano.
I've found this one before but not 100% sure:
007.jpg

Also if you look closely at the Onion Knight and the artwork of the Hero he did you can see bits and pieces of him such as the armor and cape thing:
http://www.finalfantasytr.com/artwork/artworkler/Yoshitaka_A/ff3/001.jpg

Top Bottom