• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news

Jonnyram

Capcom does Yakuza:
PS2 Shinjuku Wolf

Release dates:
PS3 Formula One - 21 Dec - 5980 yen
Wii Dragonball Sparking Neo - 1 Jan - 7140 yen
DS Deltra Quest - Bandai Namco - Spring
DS Harvest Moon - 1 Feb - 5040 yen
DS Super Robot Wars DS - 2007

ethelred

What's Deltra Quest? Never heard of it.

And I didn't realize Banpresto was doing a DS SRT. Cool, I guess.

Yakuza didn't interest me too much... so I can't get too excited by a Capcom version. :/

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Shinjuku Wolf may be something to keep an eye on, but is the main character as boring and non-descript as the pictures look? It's hard to tell since the images are blurry, but it looked more like Angry Salaryman Battle than a game about yakuza.

Surreal

Fady K said:
What's cel shaded?

Any idea what Deltra Quest is?

583527_20051114_screen011.jpg

MegaTen

Banned
Who at Capcom is developing this Shinjuku Wolf? Or better yet, who's writing the game scenario? I know it's just a blurry picture.. but the art and screens seem a bit generic..

Ryu ga Gotoku 2 comes out in less than a month!
:D

Jonnyram

The Abominable Snowman said:
Typo or is this game really more than a PS3 game?
Yes it's more than a PS3 game. It's also less than a different PS3 game. 7140 seems to be the max for Wii titles. There are plenty of Wii games around 4800-5800 too.

fusoya59

Jonnyram said:
Capcom does Yakuza:
PS2 Shinjuku Wolf

Release dates:
PS3 Formula One - 21 Dec - 5980 yen
Wii Dragonball Sparking Neo - 1 Jan - 7140 yen

DS Deltra Quest - Bandai Namco - Spring
DS Harvest Moon - 1 Feb - 5040 yen

whoa, are those prices mixed up?

Jonnyram said:

If it's not based on the Original Generation storyline, the chances of seeing this enter america are close to nil.

But still...dual screened crazy mecha animations might be interesting to see

cvxfreak

Super Robot Taisen was announced at the beginning of the year, I believe, along with those other prolific third party Japanese games like WEDS and Shin Sangoku Musou.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kazuma May Cry?

Interesting stuff. I`m not sure I like the character design nearly as much as I do Kiriyu Kazuma`s, though. Interesting that it`s cel shaded, though.

Zilch

Banned
Fady K said:
No, you guys got me wrong, i meant what game are u referring to that is cel shaded from the new japanese mag.

Well there's only one picture in Jonnyram's post, so I'll let you figure it out.

Jonnyram

The lead char seems to be called Eiji Mikami. Is this supposed to be a joke?

ethelred - still don't know about Deltra Quest, sorry.

linsivvi

Jonnyram said:

Like Dynasty Warrior and FF:CC, this game has been mentioned since around the DS launch. New info probably means this game won't be vaporware. Not that I care for this series any more.

BluWacky

duckroll said:
Deltra Quest is a licensed game based on an anime.

Which is in turn based on some popular Australian kid's books.

Given that the setup is the most generic fantasy adventure ever, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't an RPG of some kind.

Jonnyram

Reviews:

PS2
Negima pt3 4/7/4/5
Tenshou Gakuen Gekkouroku 6/7/6/6
White Breath 5/6/5/5
J.League Winning Eleven 10 8/8/8/9
K-1 World GP 5/6/6/6
Tales of Destiny 8/8/8/8
Kohitsuji Hokaku 4/6/5/5
NBA Live 07 7/7/7/7

X-Men 5/8/7/7
DOAX2 8/7/7/8
Culdcept Saga 8/9/8/9
NBA Live 07 8/8/8/8

PSP
Riviera 8/8/7/7
Janne d'Arc 10/8/8/7

DS
Boktai 9/8/7/8
Geography Quiz 8/6/7/7
Love & Berry 8/6/8/7

wow, nice score for Culdcept Saga, i wish it comes with english subtitles, that would be pretty nice, heh.

otherwise, i can't believe the score for DOAX2 and NBA Live 07..

Jonnyram

It seems someone called Shinji Kazuma is directing Shinjuku Wolf (assuming I have the reading of that kanji right). He was involved with Finder Love (PSP) and Full House Kiss 2. Ummm...

Jonnyram said:
It seems someone called Shinji Kazuma is directing Shinjuku Wolf (assuming I have the reading of that kanji right). He was involved with Finder Love (PSP) and Full House Kiss 2. Ummm...
t42843xtipj.jpg

duckroll

Jonnyram said:

Maybe this is what ex-Clover guys meant when they said "You might love what Capcom is doing now, but would you feel the same in a few years time?" :lol

mutsu

Any more news on SRW DS other than just the release date?

Man.... what is taking Banpresto so long to make a SRW game on the DS? They made like, what, 5 SRW games in 4 years on the GBA?

Top Bottom