• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks JAPANESE magazine news

duckroll

Matt_C said:
Only if Lucas Arts convinces Koei?Omega Force to make a Jedi Musou with Jedi combat.

Yoda dicing Battle Droids
& Clone Troopers
FTW!

You know the Star Wars Universe have enough Jedi's and Sith Lords to fill up such a game.

Man, that game would sell SO MANY GODDAMN copies in the US. Someone, make it happen!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I can't wait for Etrian Odissey. Atlus/Nintendo/Whoever, bring it back to Europe dammit!!!!

Any tidbits of the FE Info?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
dsgames.jpg

Hey ducky or jonny, what DS games are those?

Matt_C

duckroll said:
Matt_C said:
Only if Lucas Arts convinces Koei?Omega Force to make a Jedi Musou with Jedi combat.

Yoda dicing Battle Droids
& Clone Troopers
FTW!

You know the Star Wars Universe have enough Jedi's and Sith Lords to fill up such a game.

Man, that game would sell SO MANY GODDAMN copies in the US. Someone, make it happen!

Not only it will sell SO MANY GODDAMN copies in the United States, why not in Europe, and Japan where the Star Wars Universe is so beloved.

After Lego Star Wars, anything is possible.

Luke versus Emperor Palpatine in the final stage. It will be like Super Return of the Jedi all over again.

Link316

Banned
duckroll said:
So far:

Brand new Musou game from Koei.

- PS2
- Who is the enemy? A Musou you didn't know about, coming this Spring.
- Developed by Omega Force

Looks to be fantasy, there's only 1 illustration.

FFVII Musou!

duckroll said:
Gundam SEED Alliance vs ZAFT PSP

- 60fps in single player, 30fps when playing multiplayer

awesome!

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
jj984jj said:
dsgames.jpg

Hey ducky or jonny, what DS games are those?

Katakana reading for the win:

Yoshi's Island DS

Wario the Thief [Kaitou Wario the Seven]

Jet Impulse (I don't know which game is it)

Edit: ****, Beaten.

jj984jj

Aw, another sucky week in DS news. :\

Etrain Odyssey is nice, but we already knew all about it.

TreIII

So, DSS did pretty well, according to Famitsu. Hmm...hopefully, this will imply that this game may end selling well.

I'm a lil surprised that there's no score/review for Kenka Bancho 2 yet. Game IS coming out January 25th still, correct?

But I guess the things that surprise me most are what people have already talked about...new Shining Force....is actually GOOD!? I've been wanting Shining Force to re-capture a lot of the glory it missed out on the years, but I've just about given up on hope for that...or am I wrong?

And wow...yet ANOTHER Musou game? Well, after Gundam, I guess anything is open to getting the "Musou treatment" from KOEI and Omega Force.

How about an "ActRaiser Musou"? You can build up villages and towns in the sim mode, and then come down as the Master(God) to command your legions of faithful angels and followers to help slay demons when it's time to lay some stank down...! :D

duckroll

TreIII said:
I'm a lil surprised that there's no score/review for Kenka Bancho 2 yet. Game IS coming out January 25th still, correct?

Why would there be a review of a game that's coming out on the 25th?

ethelred

TreIII said:
But I guess the things that surprise me most are what people have already talked about...new Shining Force....is actually GOOD!? I've been wanting Shining Force to re-capture a lot of the glory it missed out on the years, but I've just about given up on hope for that...or am I wrong?

It's a follow-up to Shining Force Neo.

TreIII said:
How about an "ActRaiser Musou"? You can build up villages and towns in the sim mode, and then come down as the Master(God) to command your legions of faithful angels and followers to help slay demons when it's time to lay some stank down...! :D

Well, considering that Square Enix sold the ActRaiser IP to Koei, this might happen now, you know.

TreIII

duckroll said:
Why would there be a review of a game that's coming out on the 25th?

For the same reason that a game that's scheduled to release on the 18th might? Advanced copies and such? :D

ethelred said:
Well, considering that Square Enix sold the ActRaiser IP to Koei, this might happen now, you know.

....wait, what...? Please don't toy with my fragile heart like that, ethelred...:lol

Bebpo

Banned
Michirou_53 said:
Is it true that they erased all PS3 games from Konami in the release list besides MGS4?
Someone posted in 2ch.

What other games did Konami have slated for PS3 besides MGS4 and Coded Arms? I mean shown games, not TBA titles on a list.

jj984jj

Michirou_53 said:
Is it true that they erased all PS3 games from Konami in the release list besides MGS4?
Someone posted in 2ch.
Pawa Pro, Gradius PS3, and two untitled games are canceled according to the rumor, and with the previous Coded Arms rumor it sounds that way.

Oh, I missed that post. Must be true then.
Konami already erased Pawa Puro PS3 page on their web site.
Coded Armes will be erased on Friday.

Edit: 2ch says There were Gradius series, Pawa Puro, new action title, new RPG on the list
and now they are gone along with Coded Arms.

Bebpo

Banned
Michirou_53 said:
Oh, I missed that post. Must be true then.
Konami already erased Pawa Puro PS3 page on their web site.
Coded Armes will be erased on Friday.

Edit: 2ch says There were Gradius series, Pawa Puro, new action title, new RPG on the list
and now they are gone along with Coded Arms.

Doh. :\

I would've rather seen Gradius VI moved to Wii than be completely cancelled :( Would've worked fine on the classic controller.

TreIII

Bebpo said:
Doh. :\

I would've rather seen Gradius VI moved to Wii than be completely cancelled :( Would've worked fine on the classic controller.

Well, maybe they just have to "cancel" it so that they can build it up from the ground up on the Wii or 360...I dunno. But I just doubt that Konami would effectively kill off Gradius just like that, with no explanation or consolation...

duckroll

So I guess that marks the end of hearing anything about ZoE ever again. Konami is packing up and leaving next-gen! :lol

Bebpo

Banned
I wonder if that means no true next-gen Winning Eleven and just re-using the PS2 engine for the next 5 years like the X360 one...

Doctor_No

duckroll said:
Shining Force Ikusa - 9/9/8/9

Yggdrasil Labyrinth - 8/8/8/8

:D . . .

I have these two games pre-ordered; coming out on the same day. Also got Soul Cradle coming out a week later (its getting really hard to find time).

Also, anybody know what Dragon Shadow Spell is all about? Looks interesting but I haven't heard too much about it.

duckroll

Doctor_No said:
:D . . .

I have these two games pre-ordered; coming out on the same day. Also got Soul Cradle coming out a week later (its getting really hard to find time).

Also, anybody know what Dragon Shadow Spell is all about? Looks interesting but I haven't heard too much about it.

I guess no one told you. Soul Cradle's been delayed to Feb. No date yet.

DSS is by Flight Plan, the guys that make the Black Matrix and Summon Night games.

Jonnyram

I doubt Gradius development ever started. It was just announced as a name. You know never to get excited about any of these vague announcements unless there are screens with them. "New Gradius game" woooo... they didn't even call it Gradius VI when it was announced. Some sites just added the VI because they assumed it would be.

TreIII

Doctor_No said:

As the other guy said, it's the newest game made by the same peeps behind Black/Matrix 00 and the Summon Night series, though it's technically an original property from them, as they set out alone in the industry. Though, with as many allusions and many things that seem to be more in line with Black/Matrix, it might be setting up to be some sort of "spiritual sequel" or whatever.

That said, it probably won't do THAT much to deviate from standard SRPG fare. But to say the least, it looks dang pretty...much better than anything that Nippon Ichi has done as of late.

Take a lookie at these things here, if you're interested...

http://www.flight-plan.jp/dss/info.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaUP4rIxgAc

Doctor_No

duckroll said:
I guess no one told you. Soul Cradle's been delayed to Feb. No date yet.

DSS is by Flight Plan, the guys that make the Black Matrix and Summon Night games.

Nobody told me. I guess I already have too many games to keep me busy. . . :lol

TreIII said:
As the other guy said, it's the newest game made by the same peeps behind Black/Matrix 00 and the Summon Night series, though it's technically an original property from them, as they set out alone in the industry. Though, with as many allusions and many things that seem to be more in line with Black/Matrix, it might be setting up to be some sort of "spiritual sequel" or whatever.

That said, it probably won't do THAT much to deviate from standard SRPG fare. But to say the least, it looks dang pretty...much better than anything that Nippon Ichi has done as of late.

Take a lookie at these things here, if you're interested...

http://www.flight-plan.jp/dss/info.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaUP4rIxgAc

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that out if I can get some time.

jj984jj said:

Nintendo is going to have an announcement, likely about about Wii and DS lite shipments.

Top Bottom