• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This weeks japanese news thread

Tailzo

sp0rsk said:
Control a helicopter and do stuff like picking up cans...

Another game by Arc System works, developed by Sonic Powered
Sounds like a game with a tiny bit of the awesomeness that was Toy Commander?

kay

koam said:
Umm... have they made 119 of these games? And this is the sequel to the 119th game?
That's just on PS2, there are more. They are basically downloadable games so it isn't surprising.

jarrod

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Developed by everyone's favorite, Arc system works.
You sure it's not just published by ASW? The copyrights still credit Million (who made the GBA Kunio/DD games).

titiklabingapat said:
Puhicopter looks really nice for a shovelware. Hopefully, it's sign that better ones are starting to trickle in.
Who says it's shovelware? The series has been around for several years, and it's not a budget series. Interesting to see that Aqua System aren't attached at all this time...

This one definitely has a more cutesy look than the previous games, though. The others used RC copters with realistic designs. It's a good fit for the console. The collective and cyclic should transfer easy to the waggle wand and nunchuk.

jarrod

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Hopefully a River City Ransom DS game isn't far behind.
And Double Dragon DS. Million was rumored to be working on a GBA version of Downtown Samurai too, I hope that got shifted over to DS...

TreIII

jarrod said:
And Double Dragon DS. Million was rumored to be working on a GBA version of Downtown Samurai too, I hope that got shifted over to DS...

...All I know is that Technos Samurai (Downtown Special) was indeed part of the quickie NES port series (Kunio-kun Collection) that Atlus and Million put out a while ago. I wouldn't get all hot and bothered though. The NES emulation for the entire series leaves a LOT to be desired, plus the resolution sucked royally, even if you tried to play it on the GBA Player...

But any way...**** YEAH about Super Dodgeball! After Million being quiet for so long, I was hoping that they would come out the bag with something special, and this definitely looks to be filling that notion. Kunio-kun is definitely going to be back in style! ^___________^ Interesting that Arc Systems also has a hand in this, though...

Now, if Million would also be willing to contribute their own personal thing to acknowledge Double Dragon's 20th anniversary milestone (in certainly much better form than that Live Arcade rubbish), that would make me pleased as punch. Billy and Jimmy Lee, the ones who pretty much paved the way for the likes of Axel, Blaze, Skate, Guy, Cody, Haggar, the entire motley crew from the Musou series and so many others...certainly deserve better for their 20th anniversary.

Kunio-Kun no Dodge Ball DS gives me hope for a port of Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: Soccer Hen (Nintendo World Cup) without the slowdown and flickering graphics of the NES version.

neo2046 said:
Arkanoid DS
- include special controller

41875838120070801123941.jpg
The special controller is so cool! :D

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
Katamari boxart is one of the best covers for a totally average game in a while :p
At least it can't be worse than the PSP version, which is the one leaving a sour taste in my mouth right now. I just hope it has plenty of content - they've had long enough to work on it, I guess. Plus they are promising DLC of some sort, and achievements should add a certain degree of longevity too.

bryehn

neo2046 said:
Kunio-Kun no Dodge Ball DS

Oh My Goodness. Super Dodge Ball was one of the first games I bought with my own money, and still one of my all-time favourites. I can't wait for this!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Wow, glad to see all this Dodgeball love. Let's hope that we'll see the game coming in NA.

DyersEve

I remember palying the hell out of the Dodgeball game on the NES with friends. Did the Super NES version ever come out in US? I remember when the Super NES came out some magazines had pics of games coming out soon and it was on there but I dotn remember it ever beign released here. Is the Gameboy Advance version any good?

TreIII

DyersEve said:
I remember palying the hell out of the Dodgeball game on the NES with friends. Did the Super NES version ever come out in US? I remember when the Super NES came out some magazines had pics of games coming out soon and it was on there but I dotn remember it ever beign released here. Is the Gameboy Advance version any good?

To answer your questions:

1) Nope. It was planned, but Technos USA was largely ineffectual when it came to being able to promote and release US ports of the various Kunio-kun games. We never got that Hockey game for the NES, even though Nintendo Power clearly had some screenies of an earlier English build to show off...

2) ...It's alright. It doesn't utilize the Kunio-kun(River City Ransom chars and such) at all, but on its own, it basically is just more along the lines of what made the original NES game so much fun to play. If you can find it, sure, go ahead and get it.

Personally, my fave rendition of Super Dodgeball (at least, prior to this new game) is still the arcade/neo geo version that was released in 1996. That game just had plenty of style in spades, plus it utilized some Kunio-kun characters that didn't get in before, which was a welcome sight for a long-time fan of the series like myself.

I'm hoping that this new game stands to impress. ASW has proven that they know their stuff when it comes to making fun games, and I'm hoping that with Million at their side, this could be the start of a welcome trend, where ASW could possibly head up development of future "Technos Japan" like games. Imagine if they got the rights to make a new fighting game based off of that old Gowkaiser title... :D

Haunted

Arkanoid DS!

Dodgeball DS!

Puchicopter Wii!?

Neo delivers. We need that BuddhaandJesusrolledintoone.gif STAT.

neo2046 said:
Gundam Battle Chronicle / ACE 3
Holy crap @ ACE3... Gundam Ashtaron H.C., Virsago C.B. and the R303? DO WANT!!!

I wish the PS3's PS2 BC wasn't region locked. I know there's a way to undo it, but the process is too involved.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
donkey show said:
I wish the PS3's PS2 BC wasn't region locked. I know there's a way to undo it, but the process is too involved.

there's a way to undo it? do tell

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
donkey show said:
Holy crap @ ACE3... Gundam Ashtaron H.C., Virsago C.B. and the R303? DO WANT!!!

That's a PS2 game? Damn. 0.o

Jonnyram

I'll try and scan some stuff over my lunchbreak... there's some new pics of No More Heroes, Ninja Gaiden DS, Dungeon Maker DS and other stuff. Quite a good issue all round. Off to get a subway now, back in 20 :D

Top Bottom