• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Those new Coke fountain machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used these once, at a movie theater in Toronto. It was amazing being able to drink a Vanilla Coke in Canada at a movie theatre.

hydruxo

Honestly not a fan. The UI is unresponsive and terrible which causes a line build-up at every restaurant I've ever been to. It's a great idea but it needs some reworking.

I love experimenting with flavors, but sometimes the classic Coke or Mellow Yellow taste just isn't right. Like there was some sacrifice in squeezing all those flavors in there. Still love the idea, and can't wait to see them improve it.

Peach Sprite is delicious, so glad I chose that as my first combo. Haven't really experimented much with other flavors though. I like em but as OP said it kinda sucks it's a one person at a time kinda deal.

Coketruck

The trick with these things is to make your selection, then run it for a couple of seconds before actually putting your cup in and filling up. Helps to clean out any of the previous drink that might be sitting in the line. Trust me, Powerade and Coke don't mix well.

Alphahawk

When I first saw one my first inclination was to make a Grape Sprite. It's not a good drink btw. Since then I've mostly stuck to plain coke out of fear that my other demented soda dreams will turn out as horrible as the first.

I think I might of tried Coke with cherry, which distincly tasted different from Cherry Coke, but I might of been dreaming that.

JudgeN

People say the flavor don't mix but I swear to god they do, I've never got a straight coke. It always tasted like it had some weird syrup mixture in it.

They're great if you like flavored sodas i.e grape or cherry, but for me they're terrible with the basic flavors. Every time I've tried one with a basic flavor like normal Dr Pepper or Coke it always tastes like it has a bit of another flavor variant in it.

Talon

Fun fact, when you purchase one of these, they have to be connected to the internet.

Why?

So Coke can run analysis on what flavors are the most commonly used. It's pretty brilliant.

Also, turns out regular coke is still the most popular drink by a wide margin.

Experien

So much dislike...mainly cause it causes a line to form since they only have one machine and people aren't the smartest and don't know how to use them.

Seigyoku

These things let me get Fanta (Orange) Zero. The only "diet" soda I can drink w/o a terrible aftertaste. I want McDonald's to get them soooooo bad.

FStop7

Banned
I like them. A lot of the flavor combos are gross, though. But I like the variety. It's hard to find vanilla coke these days.

I'm such a boring person. I still get regular-ass Coke from the machine even when I have dozens of flavors to choose from that I can't get anywhere else.

I think I once had orange Coke. I've no clue why I keep not trying new ones.

Damaniel

Banned
The cafeteria at my work has one of these. Other than the fact that it seems to be down for maintenance a lot (not to mention the really slow UI...), it's a neat piece of machinery. The service guy was there one day, and he was showing a few of us how it worked - essentially, it's got a bunch of printer-style cartridges that hold the flavor concentrates, so it's almost like you're printing your drink...

I've never noticed any issues with 'other' flavors making it into my drinks. Whatever mechanism is used to keep the flavors separate, it seems to work pretty well.

E92 M3

Nothing can beat Coke in a glass though...nothing. Especially the ones with Santa on them - Santa picture adds more flavor.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I want Raspberry Coke in cans. Like now.

Sean

Banned
I love them, have gotten to try a lot of flavors that you don't ever see like peach Sprite.

Only issue is that they're clunky and slow (half of my button presses don't seem work). That fact combined with the dozens of choices and older people not knowing how to work the machine means there's often a line formed behind them.

With the old style machines like two or three people could fill up their drinks at once.

BLACKLAC

Getting closer.
iEP8Grv4K5bMO.gif

Futureman

I'm sure this has been brought up already, but I usually still just stick with plain Coke when I use these machines and it never tastes like plain Coke. There's always a hint of some other flavor in there. THANKS COKE.

I think I might of tried Coke with cherry, which distincly tasted different from Cherry Coke, but I might of been dreaming that.

actually I think that's the only "flavor" I tried beyond normal Coke and it definitely did not taste like normal, God-Tier Cherry Coke.

Castcoder

Banned
I don't drink soda (I hate the taste of carbonation), so I love this because it offers great juice choices. I wish more places would adopt these, they're so nice! I might actually go to a Noodles & Company after work because I know they have one. In Wisconsin, I'm finding them to be semi-rare, and I never knew about them until last summer. I hate getting "new" things so late. I know Burger King has them now, but I don't have any Burger Kings nearby.

Scirrocco

I get depressed by them. I liked pretending what i drink wasn't just random chemical flavorings thrown together somewhere, and this pulls me out of my bubble. Its actually gotten me to start drinking more sweet tea, which is probably no more healthy for me.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
These are so terrible because you can taste other drinks in your drink. I just want Coke. I honestly get disappointed when I see this now because it means subpar soda for a gimmick.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
the UI is slow and unresponsive but considering that the old ass coke machines most places were using are being replaced is a good thing.

terrisus

Never seen one of these, but...

I never thought people actually drank the "favors" of Coke.
I mean, I knew they must get sold or else they wouldn't get produced, but I could never picture someone actually buying one of them.

I mean - vanilla, cherry, grape, raspberry, lime, etc. - in a soda?
What the heck?

You people are weird.
And that's coming from me >.>

abrack08

They're terrible, they taste way different from regular fountain sodas, I think the ratio of soda to syrup is off, or maybe they just use different syrup. But every single one I've used has tasted the same (Several different Five Guys, Jack in the Box, Firehouse Subs, etc., so not just one or two) and been really disappointing.

I like the idea because I like Cherry and/or Vanilla sodas, but every single soda tastes worse in them.

I mean, I knew they must get sold or else they wouldn't get produced, but I could never picture someone actually buying one of them.

What the heck?

You people are weird.

To be fair, you're kinda "the guy who doesn't like anything". So the fact that you don't like *thing* doesn't really hold much weight for others.

Sonic's Cherry Vanilla Coke is the bomb. Cherry Coke is great too. Not a fan of bottled Vanilla Coke, but if it's a place that adds their own vanilla flavor it's better.

What the heck?

You people are weird.

Try it before you judge! Coke with Lime transformed Lime for me. It's by far my favorite soda next to cherry 7up. Prior to drinking Coke with Lime all those years ago, I hated limes and the lime flavor. Now I'm in love!

terrisus

Try it before you judge! Coke with Lime transformed Lime for me. It's by far my favorite soda next to cherry 7up. Prior to drinking Coke with Lime all those years ago, I hated limes and the lime flavor. Now I'm in love!

I've tried a couple of them.
They're vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom