• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiësto to perform at the Opening Ceremony (Athens 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
"ATHENS, 9 August –Tiësto, twice voted the #1 DJ in the world by DJ Magazine, will make Olympic history on Friday, August 13, when he becomes the first DJ ever to perform in an Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games."

"In October 2003, Tiësto was approached by the Athens Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (ATHOC) for a DJ-performance of 90 minutes during the parade of the athletes, a part of the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games."

Awesome! The Olympics suck but at least now the opening ceremony should be interesting.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This kicks ass!! I was gonna watch the opening ceremony anyways (g/f wanted to see it :p), but this just seals the deal, kickass! Hopefully he'll be as good as he was at Avalon in NYC this past June.

Well, if its like what happened at the 2002 Opening Ceremony, Bob Costas and Katie Cuiric will just blab on about shit while its going on, not letting me hear anything.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Three Drives: Greece 2004? :D

The original Greece 2000 was one of my favorite songs in 1998, this would definitely fit. Or I could imagine Tiesto doing something similar to his concert last year - where he had different songs tailored to the different continents, with different lighting and backgrounds for each of them.

Che

Banned
DAMN!!! I should have bought those tickets when I could. I don't really like the modern Olympics but the opening ceremony will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom