• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tidux/Foxygames: PS 1st Party just got bigger.

Aion002

If they were just aiming to win the generation, buying capcom would be a huge step towards it.

To keep good publicity, they could publish RE titles on PC.

Monster Hunter and Street Fighter would probably go exclusive though imo.
Definitely.

If they buy Capcom it's game over... Unless MS buys an studio of the same caliber.

Fret Runner

Since we are all farting our predictions into the wind, here's another I think would be a good get; Falcom.
Would help fill out their jrpg hole that they have, and have a fanbase that likes those type of games.

Have no clue how much Falcom are worth though, and Sony don't seem to care about that type of game much anymore.
Prediction threads are always a hoot.

Bryank75

Banned
Definitely.

If they buy Capcom it's game over... Unless MS buys an studio of the same caliber.
More than likely won't happen. Sony should have bought Fitbit but they didn't....
They often don't take the amazing opportunities they have.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
How much Remedy games sold?
I don't think it was bad like ou seems to imply.

Edit - I just checked:

Max Payne > 7 million
Alan Wake > 4.5 million

I can't find data about others games but that doesn't look bad sales... the opposite a lot of 1st party studios didn't sell that.
You listed the two IP's they don't own.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Sony has been on a roll lately. This sounds like the dumbest move they can make but after revealing a logo and cancelling e3, i wouldnt put it above them.

Fbh

I hope it's not Remedy.
Nothing against the studio but while I don't agree with the "all Sony games are the same" haters, I definitely think that with their current lineup of devs they should be looking to expand in other directions instead of another dev that makes cinematic third person shooters.
Get someone that can make JRPG's or FPS's or platformers.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The "bit" being in quotes implies it's actually MUCH bigger. As in, massively bigger. Supermassive in fact.

Supermassive Games would be great but they appear to be locked in with Bandai Namco, unless Sony bought them.

JLB

Banned
MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima can be right because Remedy dude just liked the tweet.

alPTOS3.png

damn, i just shit on MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima some days ago about his/her prediction. if turns out to be true, will be my biggest crow dinner in a lot of time lol

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima can be right because Remedy dude just liked the tweet.

alPTOS3.png

I'M TELLING YA!
Tc2dX.gif

My money is Xbox Game Studios, this way they can make some exclusives.
SHHHHHH! Be quiet, they'll hear you!
719742.jpg

Remedy is about on par with Ninja Theory.
I wholeheartedly agree.
BluepoInT

or

B = Bluepoint
I = Io Interactive
T = Team Ninja (the better ninja)

YTY44yT.gif

ksdixon

My real bet goes on Supermassive Games or Bluepoint.

God I love SuperMassive. Go go Sony! Give them the Until Dawn budget back for future Dark Pictures Anthology games.

Definetly wrong considering that they dropped them (likely because both Beyond and Detroit failed to reach the expected critical and commercial targets plus the studio got hit with lawsuits and tons of stories about a toxic working environment).

About this news...I don't know if the sources are trustworthy, actually I know that Tidux definetly isn't :p
But at this point the safest bets are Blue Point and Kojima Productions.
Many people continue to mention Remedy and I guess it might happen but it wouldn't be the typical Sony acquisition story, Sony typically buys studios with a common story of success together. Remedy doesn't qualify.

hmmmm, could Sony be doing it to take Alan Wake away from being a former Xbox360 exclusive? Similar sort of deal to how they now have control over Insomniac's Sunset Overdrive IP?

Chromata

You guys are missing the big hints here.

"bit" = small = Handheld device.

"exchange" = Dialogue

"lawyer" = Lawyer

What's a handheld game that has a lot of dialogue featuring lawyers? Phoenix Wright, published by Capcom.

Sony just bought Capcom and is planning on making a PS5 exclusive Phoenix Wright title. The advanced haptic feedback on the controller will make you feel like you're really slamming down on a table at court while you yell "Objection!" into your mic.

Top Bottom