• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(TIME) American Families Increasingly Let Kids Make Buying Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
arguably the most entitled, egotistical generation ever. A child is supposed to have boundaries and restrictions. This movement of "my child is my friend" is garbage. If a parent can't enforce then no one can. It's birthing an entitled, egotistical generation.
And people said I was being bullshit about that claim in that other topic... Two claims makes it less bullshit?

IDK, statistics show today's kids are smarter, less sexist/racist, more open-minded etc. etc.

We'll see how this turns out. Your "side" has been caterwauling about the next generation being the worst for all eternity, though, so I wouldn't place my bets on it.

It's got nothing to do with one generation vs the next. Young kids simply don't know what's good for them and you can't let them make all the decisions. I'm all for different methods of parenting, giving your kid anything they want isn't a legitimate method imo.

I let my kid pick things, but it's things like picking between two good for them options, not letting them go hog wild. And of course this is not for important things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom