• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time Crisis 4 Official Site Update

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/aa/am/vg/timecrisis4/special/
banner_tc4.jpg

In the beginning of August, Namco added the "attract demo" video (the video that loops when no one is playing that introduces the characters). Now, Namco has added samples of the Time Crisis 4 soundtrack for download. To date, Time Crisis 3 is the only game in the series (excluding Project Titan) to not have an official soundtrack released/music samples offered. Time Crisis 1 and Time Crisis 2 have an official arcade soundtrack cd and there is also a Time Crisis 3D Ensemble soundtrack that is like a voice acted drama of the first game. Some initial comments:

+Time Crisis games always have a great "Stage 1 Area 1" opening theme. Time Crisis 4's opening theme "Infiltration" (when you meet up with Captain Rush to escape the pseudo LAX) is no exception :)
+Time Crisis 4 is the first game in the series to reuse only one music track for a different stage/area. The rest is original and do not repeat like in the previous 3 games.
+Wild Dog's theme is remixed again but this time has some bits of the original Time Crisis theme included (at 1:43) :D

In comparison to the rest of the games in the series IMHO:
+Time Crisis 1 has the best sounding Wild Dog theme.
+Time Crisis II has the best sounding "Stage 1 Area 1" opening track titled "Street Fight".
+Time Crisis 3 has the best sounding "Stage 2 Area 1" track (you know you its the best Wario64).
+Time Crisis 4 is the first game in the series to only reuse one music track while the rest is orignal and never repeats unlike previous games in the series.

some trivia:
+Time Crisis 4 for the arcades marks the (arcade) 10th anniversary since Time Crisis 1 in 1996.
+A 2007 playstation port of Time Crisis 4 would marks the (home console) 10th anniversary since the original release of Time Crisis 1 for Playstation 1 in 1997.
+Time Crisis 4 is the first game in the series to use CGI for several cutscenes.

It would be nice if Namco included a Arcade History Mode for the forthcoming port of Time Crisis 4 (ala Tekken 4 PS2 version) to celebrate its 10th anniversary. Namco could include Arcade perfect versions of Time Crisis 1, Time Crisis 2, and Crisis Zone :)
Reasons being Time Crisis 1 was not a perfect arcade port, Time Crisis II and Crisis Zone were more like REmakes with completely different/upgraded graphics, soundtracks and character designs (Crisis Zone especially). Time Crisis 3 for PS2 is the only arcade perfect of the series so it doesn't need to be included in the Arcade History mode.

IIRC the last time Namco did this was with Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2:
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/aa/am/vg/wanganmaxi2/bgm/special.php
index_ha0413.jpg

The official site of Maxmimum Tune 2 has the exclusive track "Stream Of Tears(more tranced mix)" that was not included in the official soundtrack cd :)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Flo_Evans said:
I wonder if they will do a home version? HDTVs don't seem to work with lightguns very well.
You gotta keep a good ol' CRT tube to play light gun games at home :)
I'm sure Namco's upcoming Guncon 3 for Playstation 3 will be HDTV compatible.

Troidal

This needs to come out for the 360 or PS3!
Gun shooting games need to go high-def baby!!!

Nice tunes on Wangan Midnight.
I should add this to the RR6 custom soundtrack :-D

M3wThr33

Banned
I just wish the Jurassic Park arcade gun games would get ported.

What else could TC4-PS3 include? Any extras or other gun games?

This, House of the Dead 4, and Okami really should be ported to Wii ... Namco, Sega, and Capcom need to at least bring the games over that are a no-brainer with the controller.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
M3wThr33 said:
From the little I've seen of Time Crisis 4, it rocks, but the man tower at the end is a bit of a stretch.

What else could TC4-PS3 include? Any extras or other gun games?
The game would have been more challenging if you lost 1000points everytime you shot one of the national guard troops.

Besides the usual Crisis Missions, a Captain Rush scenario would rock (just like Alicia's unlockable scenario in TC3) to see his perspective of the story mode. I hope that Namco will include a Arcade History Mode for Time Crisis 4 that includes arcade perfect Time Crisis 1, Time Crisis II, Crisis Zone. The only other namco gun game they could include is Gunmen Wars.

MegaTen said:
Thanks for the info/update, Defensor! The music sounds great. We need more threads like this.
Time Crisis series rocks... very underrated on this board compared to Sega's Virtua Cop :-(

Troidal said:
This needs to come out for the 360 or PS3!
Gun shooting games need to go high-def baby!!!

Nice tunes on Wangan Midnight.
I should add this to the RR6 custom soundtrack :-D
I gave you the Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune soundtrack at E3 2005... LOOK FOR IT! :b

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Lettuce said:
Doesnt the G-CON 2 work with LCD HDTV's then??
I've heard conflicting reports that it can or not when using the Sony AV Adaptor. Which doesn't make any sense since lightgun games at the arcades like Time Crisis and Virtua Cop use big screen LCDs for the deluxe cabinets. A friend of mine has a old Toshiba HDTV CRT tube and Time Crisis II and 3 work on the set. The fullscreen House of the Dead 4 and Time Crisis 4 use HD sets* at the arcades.

*I know House of the Dead 4 uses LCD HDTVs for its deluxe cabinet and probably the big screen Time Crisis 4 machine does.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's funny how the first Time Crisis is probably the hardest Time Crisis game out of the 5...at least I think so

jarosh said:
please namco: time crisis 4 wii port and/or time crisis compilation for wii
kthxbye
This man speaks the truth. Don't forget Time Crisis: Project Titan.
Wild Dog is Back, Freaking Awesome.

I just came in here because I wanted to vocalize my support to the light-gun genre. Me and my Guncon 2 has sent many an electronic baddie into the next world, and its so much fun, its something that really should never go away. I believe there is still ample room for innovation in the genre and I'll buy pretty much any light-gun compatible game that shows up in America just on principle and my love of pointing a gun at a TV.

Sega, Namco, Capcom, Nintendo, don't forget about me and those like me in the future.

B000062VQM.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056707817_.jpg

B00007CW25.02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

To America please.

jarosh

they should just port them all to the wii

time crisis series
crisis zone
point blank series
virtua cop series
house of dead series

i'd buy them all :(

M3wThr33

Banned
I bumped the Light Gun Game List for the hell of it.

Anyways, a compilation wouldn't be too surprising, especially since Namco did one for PB1-3+TC1 on the PS2.

Where would be the best place to get the previous games's music?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jarosh said:
they should just port them all to the wii

time crisis series
crisis zone
point blank series
virtua cop series
house of dead series

i'd buy them all :(

I'd rather have all those games on 1 Blu-Ray disc

oic what i did there

wunko

I've only played TC4 Arcade through Stage 1 like the helicopter shooting part.

The Time Crisis brand fits the PlayStation brand best of the consoles. And its always been on the PS series. I can't wait till TC4 hits PS2 or PS3.

Faizal

Banned
I saw this in the arcade the other day. Fantastic cinemas, but the in-game graphics are really bad, I guess that old Namco arcade board hasn't aged very well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I finally 1 life'd this game (no damage received). It was also my first time beating it. Finally seeing the whole game, I'd say this is the easiest Time Crisis yet. But it's deceiving since the first level is the hardest level!

4.12 million points

Top Bottom