• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Time for another "sick of this damn commercial" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dilbert

OK, maybe I'm just in a bad mood because of the Patriots game, or maybe I'm just in a bad mood period, but I've had it with certain TV commercials:

1) All Cadillac ads. If they don't stop using that shitty Led Zepplin song in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING AD, I'm going to their corporate headquarters with a trunkful of RPGs. How much money DID they spend on the rights to that song, anyway?

2) Any Subway ad featuring Jared Fogle. Look, I respect the fact that he lost so much weight...good for him. With that being said -- why is he the face of Subway? With all due respect, if I thought that eating Subway would turn me into a Jared clone, that would be a damn good reason to NOT eat there. He's an average-looking dude at best who has something not-quite-right about him.

3) McDonald's ads. I'M NOT LOVIN' IT. STFU already, and fuck your duvet cover too.

Boomer

Anyone that watches Headline News knows that they play at least 1 PeoplePC commercial per commercial break.

U have no fucking idea how lucky u are not to have the FUCKING Jamster Crazy Frog ad its that damn silly motorcar noise (usually with a pic of a ferrari) thats been over the internet for 2+ years but now u can get it as a fucking ringtone. THE AD IS ON TWICE EVERY FUCKING AD BREAK ON ALL MTV'S MUSIC CHANNELS (vh1 is the worst)

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some of the earlier ringtone ones were fucking annoying as well.

As u can tell these things really piss me off

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'd just like to say that the "I'm Loving It" thing was something McDonalds really loved, and the ad agencies involved fought it, but at the end of the day, you do what the client wants. That's a real simple view of it, but well, I know certain ad agencies get shit on the Internet for unjust reasoning, so blame McDonalds for this one.

-jinx- said:
With all due respect, if I thought that eating Subway would turn me into a Jared clone, that would be a damn good reason to NOT eat there.
This same reasoning can be applied to a vast majority of the ads on television. Most make the consumers of the product look like absolute retards and are quite insulting if you think about them. Sometimes I really wonder about the people who are influenced by these ads... so many of them go for a joke while absolutely making their consumers look stupid. The Burger King office ads, anyone?

GG-Duo

Hate it or not, "I'm Lovin' It" is a lot more catchy than "Have you had your break today?"

So it's probably a good ad campaign.

Vicious

The Toyota truck commercial where a girl and her friends push her boyfriend's truck off a cliff. I cannot stand the way she yells into the camera.

belgurdo

Banned
Vicious said:
The Toyota truck commercial where a girl and her friends push her boyfriend's truck off a cliff. I cannot stand the way she yells into the camera.

I only like that commercial because she self-owns herself at the end

I'm really, really, really sick of those Jamster commercials. I'm also sick of those Girls Gone Wild commercials, particularly the one with Doug Stanhoe when he says, "Show me were babies feed. It's natural."

I should stop watching TV so late at night. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That napster commercial where the guy says what he wants to through songs is irritating and waaaaay too long. I got a kick out of the guy saying "You have lost a powerful ally" the first couple times, but the commercial just keeps going on after that and it's dumb.

Loki

Count of Concision
belgurdo said:
I only like that commercial because she self-owns herself at the end

:lol

Me too. :D It's hysterical.

-jinx- said:
McDonald's ads. I'M NOT LOVIN' IT. STFU already, and fuck your duvet cover too.

"11 P.M., it's Albert and Ben" <dum..dum dum> "It's 3:42- that girl rocks, she's got more skills than you." :D

Heard it so many times that it's etched in my memory. Unfortunately, they always tend to play those commercials during NBA games, when I can't help but watch. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom