• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Timeshift demo (PC, X360)

syllogism

The demo is PC only, just wanted to get your attention. It doesn't sound or look very promising and it's made by the team that brought you Will Rock, but I'm sure someone is still interested since it's for the X360™ as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/timeshift/index.html

edit: bonus fileshack link

This futuristic sci-fi shooter promises to take the first-person-shooter genre to a brand-new dimension, where time is literally in your control.

You'll assume the role of renowned test pilot Colonel Michael Swift, who, after briefly traveling back in time, has returned to find the world changed beyond recognition. An evil overlord named Krone has gained total dominion, and it is up to Colonel Swift to defeat the enemy and set time straight once again.

The demo includes one full level of the game, where you must use your timeshifting powers to infiltrate the perimeter of a heavily guarded building to meet an important rebel contact on the top floor.

Time control elements never before seen in any game - players can slow, stop and reverse the flow of time, affecting the world and enemies around them while moving freely through frozen worlds

Time shifting obstacles will challenge the players to think in four dimensions in order to overcome difficult scenarios and defeat challenging enemiess

Next-generation graphics technology in the Saber3D engine, including normal mapping for amazing high-detailed textures and characters as well as parallax lighting, which allows the environment to come alive with detail

Deep storyline involving time travel and betrayal, featuring an alternate time stream

A wide array of unique weapons, vehicles, and operable gun turrets

More than 30 combat missions, spanning outdoor, urban, aerial and indoor environments, each featuring unique time shifting elements and challenges

Online multiplayer options that allow up to 16 players to use time based weaponry against other human adversaries

VALIS

ameriquan3.gif

Awesome.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Borys said:
Oh look - another thread full of lameasses complaining about free stuff.

How original. Not.

If I started a thread called "Free Wang" and you came rushing in, you'd be disappointed too if it turned out the thread was really about free vagina.

syllogism

Wait, so some people are actually looking forward to this game? If it's any comfort, the demo is Very short and the game is, based on this demo, another bland FPS.

Demo made me stare at the screen with a blank expression on my face, then I blinked and it was over. Then I edited a con file to turn off the AI. Didn't make it any more fun. Then I watched some TV. Then I was here again. Then I wrote this.

It just doesn't to anything well enough to be interesting. Manipulating time is a bit fun but when the rest of the game is so uninspired and dull I simply run out of care.
The demo includes one full level of the game, where you must use your timeshifting powers to infiltrate the perimeter of a heavily guarded building to meet an important rebel contact on the top floor.
With the "top floor" being the parking garage?

black_13

Banned
VibratingDonkey said:
Demo made me stare at the screen with a blank expression on my face, then I blinked and it was over. Then I edited a con file to turn off the AI. Didn't make it any more fun. Then I watched some TV. Then I was here again. Then I wrote this.

It just doesn't to anything well enough to be interesting. Manipulating time is a bit fun but when the rest of the game is so uninspired and dull I simply run out of care.
With the "top floor" being the parking garage?
:lol I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Thanks to the mouselook being completely fucked up I found it nearly unplayable. It felt like the control was attuned to an analog stick.

Andy787

Banned
Generic, boring FPS.

You control time, and your name is fucking Michael Swift. Amazing, guys. Really.

The flame gun was kind of cool, I guess.

DD-11

Thought misleading topics were bannable offences and otherwise only posted by junior members? Anyway, you suck at topics and this game isn't much fun anyway.

KarishBHR said:
what are the requirements?

* Windows 2000/XP
* 2 GHz processor (2.5 GHz recommended)
* 512 MB RAM
* 128 MB video card with full hardware T&L support
* DirectX 9.0c
* Sound Card, Mouse, Keyboard
* About 1GB free hard drive space (300 MB as scratch space)

Is it me or does it seem like the mouselook is in slow motion? There seems to be this split second delay no matter how high the sensitivity is set.

Maybe my A64 3400 with 9800 video card is no match for this game running at 1024X768. I mean with the graphics being so cutting edge and all.

Top Bottom