• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chrono Odyssey, a next-generation Souls MMORPG Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

• The reveal of the impressive gameplay trailer for Chrono Odyssey, the next-generation open-world MMORPG, has taken the gaming world by storm.
  • Boasting unparalleled graphics, a vast and seamless open world, intuitive combat, and the unique “Chrono” element, the game offers a challenging and stimulating experience.
  • With ambitious initiatives to transcend the boundaries of gaming, Chrono Odyssey is poised to set a new standard for MMORPGs.

Chrono Odyssey is an open-world game that immerses you in a vast, seamless world that is full of points of interest. The structures scattered throughout the world are designed to fuel your sense of adventure, and the game’s realistic graphics, dynamic time of day, and weather all contribute to an authentic experience. You will encounter a variety of NPCs each with their own stories, which will allow you to gain a better understanding of the world.

In the world of Chrono Odyssey, some powers intrude constantly, and you, as a player, should protect the world against them. Chrono Odyssey features a dynamic open world that reacts to players’ actions, offering a constantly responsive environment for you to explore. Your impacts on the world can be visible and accumulate over time, creating a unique experience for every player through the game’s event content.

Chrono Odyssey is a next-generation open-world MMORPG, poised to set a new standard for MMORPGs. Boasting unparalleled graphics, a vast and seamless open world, intuitive combat, and the unique time element, the game offers a challenging and stimulating experience.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

• The reveal of the impressive gameplay trailer for Chrono Odyssey, the next-generation open-world MMORPG, has taken the gaming world by storm.
  • Boasting unparalleled graphics, a vast and seamless open world, intuitive combat, and the unique “Chrono” element, the game offers a challenging and stimulating experience.
  • With ambitious initiatives to transcend the boundaries of gaming, Chrono Odyssey is poised to set a new standard for MMORPGs.

Chrono Odyssey is an open-world game that immerses you in a vast, seamless world that is full of points of interest. The structures scattered throughout the world are designed to fuel your sense of adventure, and the game’s realistic graphics, dynamic time of day, and weather all contribute to an authentic experience. You will encounter a variety of NPCs each with their own stories, which will allow you to gain a better understanding of the world.

In the world of Chrono Odyssey, some powers intrude constantly, and you, as a player, should protect the world against them. Chrono Odyssey features a dynamic open world that reacts to players’ actions, offering a constantly responsive environment for you to explore. Your impacts on the world can be visible and accumulate over time, creating a unique experience for every player through the game’s event content.

Nowhere "souls" has been mentioned about this MMORPG. Not sure where that comes from.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
This looks really cool, but being a MMORPG is a big oofers.

At the beginning they all sound too cool, but once you start to look at its mechanics and paywalls, it's a big no.

Looking at you, Blue Protocol.

Ferdimage

I was interested in the original trailer back in 2021 thinking it could be a souls games.
But now knowing its a MMO ...sad

Last edited:

Gudji

car sliding GIF

Impressive visuals.
Not into MMO but this looks pretty good. Let's see if it's end up like this.

EDIT : Also game title starting with "Chrono" should be forbidden except for a sequel to Chrono Trigger/Cross
I'd be worried if it was called Chronofall.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Wow, a game trailer that actually shows the hero taking a hit, that's a rarity, good for the developer for that at least.

Seems more and more the impressive visuals like this and Crimson Desert are coming from MMOs. Wonder why that is?

Korean MMOs stand to make a lot of money if they work. It's an audience used to paying long-term for titles they stick with. Something is needed to hook players in and switch to or add on from the games they currently play/pay for, and it won't necessarily be gameplay that does it.

saintjules

I was interested in the original trailer back in 2021 thinking it could be a souls games.
But now knowing its a MMO ...sad

2:11 - That's what I'd like to see graphically in new-gen. The same here:

So what is it they're doing here making it look like actual gameplay and then retail versions to games look nothing close to it? I wonder how much resources make it look playable in this one scenario?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Square has something to say about this name. They did release a Chrono game last year. Game looks cool regardless, obviously trying to latch onto Elden Ring people.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
I wouldn't be surprised if Square has something to say about this name. They did release a Chrono game last year. Game looks cool regardless, obviously trying to latch onto Elden Ring people.

Square Enix doesn't own the concept of time. Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with Elden Ring. It was revealed in 2020 and it's not Souls game in any shape or form.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Square Enix doesn't own the concept of time. Also, this has absolutely nothing to do with Elden Ring. It was revealed in 2020 and it's not Souls game in any shape or form.
No, but they release games with "Chrono _____" as the title. I could release a game, I don't know, "Mario Town", Nintendo does not own the name Mario, but Nintendo will come knocking.

I was just saying that the trailer and sales pitch seems geared towards people who liked Elden Ring.

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

Unpopular or popular opinion?

Standing around with 20+ other players while DPS ing a boss character is dumb as f#@%. Is that objectively bad game design or what?
The game requires coordination and strategy, Im not into MMORPGs myself but my younger brother is quite an expert, he tried to explain to me about the game a couple of times and it is quite amazing all the mechanics in place of a simple battle, not for me though.

Tomeru

Great graphics, but this was just looking at a compilation of so many games. Not an ounce of personality in here...

Fbh

I hope Stellar Blade is a massive success so maybe more Korean studios can start making games that aren't repetitive life consuming F2P MMOs

Top Bottom