• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tingle DS coming to Europe in 2007

ziran

According to Cubed3 Tingle's coming to Europe this year and they'll be playing it next week:
Nintendo DS News | Tingle's RPG Heading to Europe!

By Adam Riley (jesusraz)
04.01.2007 16:10

Quick News: Cubed³ has been exclusively told that Freshly Picked Tingle's Rose-Coloured Rupees for the Nintendo DS will be heading to Europe in 2007. The quirky RPG has already sold over 200,000 units in Japan and rated 33/40 in Famitsu.

Stick around as C3 goes hands-on with the game next week...
Looks like a fun game. I'd guess it's going to be released everywhere.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
HOLY SHIT YES!

If I'd gotten my visa eariler I'd import it in a flash. Now I get to understand it! best news of the week!!!

NotWii

Banned
They forgot the most important part of the news. WHEN in 2007?!

And where's Mother 3?

And what's the deal with this new trend of NOE going out and manhandling titles before NOA!

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yes, I hope it's released in USA too because it's so expensive with DS games here in sweden 450:- and I can import them from canada/asia for 250-300:- with shipping.

Vashu

Wii said:
And what's the deal with this new trend of NOE going out and manhandling titles before NOA!

They finally figured out that Europe IS more important than the US when it comes to gaming. :D :D :D But seriously, cool news. Looking forward to this, although it's strange for them not to mention it in the latest releaselist-letter. We shall see, but I'm quite confident it's true. Heck, NOE even went out of their way to bring us Naruto: Clash of Ninja (European Version). It has all the menu's in English, but the Japanese voices are kept intact. Lucky us ey?! ^^

ethelred

Damn, this news is so awesome. Tingle looks like one of the best RPGs on the DS, and god, I am absolutely nuts for its quirky style and what looks like hilarious gameplay/story.

Jesusraz, if you're wrong, Ima hunt you down.

I guess NOA picked it up already and will release it before NOE but hey, until thats confirmed hooray. Ask them for GBA RPGs (FFV, FFVI, Mother 3)!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I guess NOA picked it up already and will release it before NOE but hey, until thats confirmed hooray. Ask them for GBA RPGs (FFV, FFVI, Mother 3)!

Yeah, at this point, I would be very surprised if NOA didn't release a version in NA. Once you've invested the time/money in doing a proper translation, it seems silly not to release it in all the relevant territories.

Great news either way, though. Import for me if we don't get it here in the US.

RaidenZR

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

What are we basing this on?

jesusraz

ethelred said:
Jesusraz, if you're wrong, Ima hunt you down.

Seriously, if I've been fed the wrong information, then I'll also be on the hunt for blood... ;)

I've played the Japanese version of the game and love it. And from what I've been told it's one of a batch of new games I'll be playing next week (incl. WarioWare and ExciteTruck and some DS releases we already know about). I was floored to see Tingle on the list :)

Roi

GOTY_neogaf.PNG

Thank you Nintendo.

ethelred

jesusraz said:
Seriously, if I've been fed the wrong information, then I'll also be on the hunt for blood... ;)

I've played the Japanese version of the game and love it. And from what I've been told it's one of a batch of new games I'll be playing next week (incl. WarioWare and ExciteTruck and some DS releases we already know about). I was floored to see Tingle on the list :)

Oh, given just what has been shown of the game in terms of screens/art/videos and the website minigames, and given the quality of the team here (Moon!), I don't doubt it.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
NOE bringing a title NOA doesn't bring is an exception to the rule, and I don't think there are many exceptions...

Right. Doshin the Giant is really the only one in recent history. If it's going to Europe, I imagine we'll see it in the US, too. Which is excellent, because a Treehouse translation is exactly what's called for here.

Muppet345

AnimeomegA (4 months ago)
(censored words are blocked out with stars in this sentence.) how the **** does the stupid mother ******* tingle get his own stupid gay *** game! "continues cursing and ranting about tingle" Any ways i want to see link rape tingle... it may be wrong but the little 35 yoear old wanna be tree fairy "ect..." deserves it! Maybe after that Link may need therapy for what he did to tingle... 0_0....XD...=/... hmmmmm... "I like dots..." lolz

What the christ, youtube.

jesusraz said:
You mean to say you believe this news to be fabricated?
All we have now is Cubed3's word, and Europe might get it before America does? For a game like Tingle DS, it's only logical to have some doubts.

Not saying that they're lying per sé (don't know how credible Cubed3 is), but we need more than a single sentence...

Tiktaalik

Early on I thought this game looked horrible, but after it was released and we got an idea of the gameplay and story, I thought it sounded awesome. I hope we see a NA release, but I'll probably import if it comes out in Europe.

And now the obvious: Where's Mother 3?

Mato

OMG I can't believe this, I pray to god this is true. I can't believe this news, I want this so badly, I'll buy a DSL just for this game. Mother 3 and Layton to follow please.

Kazenone

Nic007 said:
According Nintendo Europe, Final Fantasy V Advance will be available on March 16th.

..Link to source? I was about to import this, but if it's confirmed i'll wait. Best news i've had all week.

I am glad to hear this. I was worried that Nintendo would decide to vote against localising it due to the vocal Tingle-haters. I just hope that they don't edit the game any for Western audiences - its bad enough that we'll lose the lovely Japanese boxart.

TingleArt.gif

Top Bottom