• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tingle DS coming to Europe in 2007

Fady K

If this is Euro-only, I might import as well. As this would be my first import, im just wondering - is the DS region free? (I actually dont know).

jesusraz

By the way, for anyone still interested in this, it's true. My proof? Well, sadly I wasn't allowed to take photos of the game I played on Monday. But I'll have a hands-on article written up later today, most likely. And yes, it's fully translated into English and is as crazy as the Japanese version!

As for official English screens, Nintendo UK doesn't have a firm 2007 release date down and thus haven't got them to send over to me yet. Anyway, back to my writing up... :)

happy happy

tingle.jpg

Lee N

Membre
Hyoushi said:
rockin. seems like I'll be getting another PAL game! wow wow
No, PAL is a TV standard and has nothing to do with the DS. You'll get another European game, not another PAL game.

jesusraz said:
By the way, for anyone still interested in this, it's true. My proof? Well, sadly I wasn't allowed to take photos of the game I played on Monday. But I'll have a hands-on article written up later today, most likely. And yes, it's fully translated into English and is as crazy as the Japanese version!

As for official English screens, Nintendo UK doesn't have a firm 2007 release date down and thus haven't got them to send over to me yet. Anyway, back to my writing up... :)

YES.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jesusraz said:

When I played Okami I was bothered by all the kanji around everywhere in the us release. for instance when you meet new enemies their name appears in kanji and some other random stuff is also in kanji.

Are there things like this in tingle? Like if you get hit it says some kanji instead of 'pow' or something to that effect?

kanji in my english games=dislike!

jesusraz

Brobzoid said:
Are there things like this in tingle? Like if you get hit it says some kanji instead of 'pow' or something to that effect?

I didn't notice anything like that...I was mainly annoyed by the damn noise that constantly rings out when your health gets too low. It makes the bling bling bling one from Zelda seem extremely pleasant!

The normal battling aspect was cool, especially how you can add more enemies into the brawl to get a greater gain afterwards...but I wonder if this would grow tiresome as the game goes on, since it's just involves rapidly tapping the screen until you win/lose.

Brobzoid said:
When I played Okami I was bothered by all the kanji around everywhere in the us release. for instance when you meet new enemies their name appears in kanji and some other random stuff is also in kanji.

I loved that. Have to admit to being a bit of a Japanophile though. I particularly liked the flying paper enemies in the shape of a Kanji, no idea what it meant but it was doubtlessly clever. Anyone?

aniki

I cannot wait. Tingle was my favourite character in Wind Waker, and the prospect of even more creepy/funny stuff from the freak has great appeal to me.

Brobzoid

The Friendly Monster said:
I loved that. Have to admit to being a bit of a Japanophile though. I particularly liked the flying paper enemies in the shape of a Kanji, no idea what it meant but it was doubtlessly clever. Anyone?

see, that's my problem. I can play mother 3 on an emulator and laugh at all the seeming punchlines, but deep inside my soul is stabbing itself.

I don't fault okami by the way, it's a very japanese game and many of those kanji things couldn't be translated(I assume :\).

ethelred

jesusraz said:

Oh, man, that it so fantastic. It still seems so surprising they're actually going to localize this, even though I'd been hoping NoA/NoE would take the risk on it for the sake of quality gaming. Excellent news.

jarosh said:
so what are the japanese (gaffers) saying... is this any good?

It was almost unanimously positive, as I recall.

Brobzoid

I guess having treehouse translate it would be too much... ?

who is doing the translation, any word?

YESSSSS! Now all NoE need to do is translate and release Mother 3 and they can be forgiven for all their NES and SNES indiscretions.

jesusraz

ethelred said:
Hmm. I'm surprised you didn't put any English screens up there... that would've been a real coup to go along with the write-up.

jesusraz said:
As for official English screens, Nintendo UK doesn't have a firm 2007 release date down and thus haven't got them to send over to me yet. :)

I've pestered NUK about this, especially since they told me to delete the photos I took with my digital camera (I know how people love their hard evidence). But sadly they keep telling me they don't have English screens available... :(

Christian

The EGM this month said this was coming to North America, too, for anyone who's thinking of importing the European version...

Lee N

Membre
Christian said:
The EGM this month said this was coming to North America, too, for anyone who's thinking of importing the European version...
Makes sense I guess.. seems weird to localize something to english and then not release it in the states.

A_Lee_N said:
Makes sense I guess.. seems weird to localize something to english and then not release it in the states.

NOE has done that for a few games (Kuru Kuru Kururin, Doshin the Giant), but I don't think either of those had very much text.

Brobzoid

how trustworthy is this site that confirms march? Seems very sudden to me. not that I wouldn't be there day one anyway.

Lee N

Membre
Father_Brain said:
NOE has done that for a few games (Kuru Kuru Kururin, Doshin the Giant), but I don't think either of those had very much text.
I know it has happened before.. i just think it makes sense to release it in the US too when you already have it translated.

Tiktaalik

Christian said:

What really?! I guess I didn't read the magazine closely enough. Did it give any details?

Christian said:

Wow, really? Sounds like Nintendo is getting more adventurous than I'd thought. Cool.

Brobzoid said:
how trustworthy is this site that confirms march? Seems very sudden to me. not that I wouldn't be there day one anyway.
It seems very unlikely that Tingle DS would be released a month from now in Europe. There's still no official confirmation from Nintendo either and there isn't any (photographic) evidence of the English version bar the occasional "Yeah, we got to play it" from a handful of press sites.

I want this game as much as anyone in this thread, but Tingle won't be released any time soon if at all, let alone March.

Top Bottom