• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

Because devs don't lie...

The game is out in less than two months, with a beta supposedly coming soon. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Developers have never lied before.

Yeah, devs occasionally skim around the truth. However I have never seen anyone publicly denounce something to be incorrect multiple times and be lying. If it were true they'd ignore it, not attack it head on, that would be suicide if they were lying.

keit4

Banned
Here's what I like to believe:

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying. And boom, MS knows who's cboat because they give the number 16 to only one guy.

:O

This sounds plausible.

zainetor

Banned

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying. And boom, MS knows who's cboat because they give the number 16 to only one guy.
Doubt cboat would be so stupid and be jelly about the other leaker.
If.they catch him, he is literally a dead man.

Yeah, devs occasionally skim around the truth. However I have never seen anyone publicly denounce something to be incorrect multiple times and be lying. If it were true they'd ignore it, not attack it head on, that would be suicide if they were lying.

Simcity cannot work Offline. From the same publisher no less.

I'm not saying he is right, I am saying that developers are unreliable sources as well.

hawk2025

Great that they denied the textures info.

Fucking dirty that they will leave the map count in the open and take the "positive" part of the leak as "you'll see it eventually, wait for it!".

At least tell us something. "It's close to that, we have over a dozen maps".

Something.

What are the multiplayer modes, though? We have TDM and Domination... what else?

COD4 being one of my favourite titles, there was just an incredible versatility to playing TDM, Search and Destroy, Sabotage, and Team Tactical

Cboat is obviously wrong about the textures.

While I agree it's more likely he's wrong that's a little premature.
1.) Developers have been wrong before (Tomb Raider uses the same assets, false)
2.) Ever see a bull-shot?
3.) He might be right at one time and the rumored 8% (less OS overhead) might have an impact?
4.) It might be somewhere in the middle.

Why don't we just be thankful he's leaked as much as he has. Why don't we hope they aren't baiting employees to find out who is leaking the info with wrong information. Let's just let this play out.

Honey Bunny

cboat noo

ibu3HOnXfassTg.gif

Lingitiz

What are the multiplayer modes, though? We have TDM and Domination... what else?

COD4 being one of my favourite titles, there was just an incredible versatility to playing TDM, Search and Destroy, Sabotage, and Team Tactical
Isn't campaign multiplayer the main mode?

Shengar

Damnit, this getting more serious than it should be.
Time to jumped off the ship!

In Duck Hunt, crazy buttocks on a train is the gun not the ducks.

QP3

Nice day gaf. I have been away from gaf for a few months and forgot how much I missed these threads.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
who to believe? a mysterious leaker who is usually (sometimes?) right, or the dev flat out saying the opposite and the leaked info is wrong? hmmmm

Hubble

Very believable. People were calling CBOAT out on the other thread, so I believe he could have felt inclined to leak feeling jealous. 16 maps on release just seems an awful lot and too good to be true to leak. I sure hope it's right. And the alpha textures when Remedy said it's not final just seems another red flag .

I would say the alpha textures might be final for 360 but he clearly says in his post, that the blueprint for 360 is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom