• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

CoG said:
Got this game the other day and was like, "Another Farmville type game, not playing." Picked it up to mess around with the next day, next thing you know I am six floors in. The next day 12 and I told myself I'm done. Went to delete the app this morning and am on the 13th floor, can't stop there. To my credit, I avoided paying for bitbux, sorry devs.
at least in this game you can earn bux by playing, most other games like farmville tease you with a few at the start then just flat out ignore you and you have to pay, in this game paying is just if you want them and nothing else.

I bought £2.99 worth at the start as I wanted to support the game and it helped me for about 4 days of speedy building, but now I get enough bux income to balance what I do well.

daevv

Closing in on floor 20. I might be stopping after that. I find the game plays you not the other way around. :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
"There's a storm brewing, I can feel it in my pixels."

woke up to $8k bought a new store (creative). Other stores needed to be restocked. in period of 5 minutes VIP who wanted to buy out the floor came. terrible time.

DMPrince said:
It's not racism that the bitizen who moved into the apt floor were all brown right? lol.
It's coincidence. Just like when the police was looking for one of my brown bitizen. For the third time, since he moved in.

Phreaker

Ace 8095 said:
Just deleted it. I'm stronger than this game.

Don't worry, they'll keep your save on the server for when you re-install it. ;)

I bought the lowest amount of bux just to support the development of the game. I used it to upgrade my elevator a 2nd time, but no more bux for me. Shoot, $5 wont even get me a new floor at this point.

Remy

55 tenants, 30 stories. Can't stop, won't stop.

Those of you who play TF2 on the GAF server may notice after I respawn I tend to not move for 5 seconds? Yeah, that's Tiny Towers' fault, since I try and squeeze in some restocks or at least an elevator trip in between lives.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
whalleywhat said:
Do any of the Halloween costume looking people ever move in, or do they just wander through every now and then?
I just got a girl with cat-ears to move in.

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
The best thing about this is that I can change "50's apartment" to "50s apartment"
Shouldn't it be '50s Apartment? Like That '70s Show? The apostrophe signifies that it's a year.

Flunkie

Banned
Remy said:
55 tenants, 30 stories. Can't stop, won't stop.

Those of you who play TF2 on the GAF server may notice after I respawn I tend to not move for 5 seconds? Yeah, that's Tiny Towers' fault, since I try and squeeze in some restocks or at least an elevator trip in between lives.
YES, this happens all the time to me. Not specifically TF2, of course.

pulga

Banned
27 floors in, 50 bitizens and only 9 in their dream jobs.

Who's the NoReturn fucker here on GAF who's got close to 50 floors. Damn you.

Emitan

I am out of my league.
598bT.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
toythatkills said:
It should be "50s Apartment," it's wrong in the game at the moment and it's so annoying!
I still think it's '50s. But I agree that 50's is wrong.

If you say 1950s it's correct. 1950's is not. But if you drop the 19, you need to put the apostrophe before 50 in order to signify that it's a year. '50s.

I hope the devs add another elevator, because the golden one is still too slow. The next one should be a diamond elevator for 200 bux, I don't care, as long as it's faster.

mattiewheels

brotkasten said:
I hope the devs add another elevator, because the golden one is still too slow. The next one should be a diamond elevator for 200 bux, I don't care, as long as it's faster.
Wouldn't it get too fast to control then? I'm still on the second one, I'm fine with it for now.

Hige

One of the Bitbook updates says, "If we were thinking with portals then we wouldn't need these elevators." I know it's probably just a reference, but I hope the developer adds a teleporter/portal later on. The gold elevator felt slow even at ~40 floors or so. It moves at about 4 floors per second.

mattiewheels

Hige said:
One of the Bitbook updates says, "If we were thinking with portals then we wouldn't need these elevators." I know it's probably just a reference, but I hope the developer adds a teleporter/portal later on. The gold elevator felt slow even at ~40 floors or so. It moves at about 4 floors per second.
You're at 57 floors now, right? Wowzers. Any tips?

Kurdel

Banned
By far my favorite freemium style game on the app store.

I am only at 27 stories, but I intend to keep this up!

GC username : Kurdel

Koodo

Banned
I have notifications turned off for this game, so I tend to forget about it for stretched periods of time. I usually return to an empty tower that would not look out of place within an apocalyptic context.

Top Bottom