• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL | 2 Multiplayer Previews

88random

If someone has some doubts about the speed of the game or map wallrunning potential, watch FrothyOmen's videos. He is one of the rare youtubers who really gets it what this game is about. Everyone else who got to preview it plays it like it's CoD, while it's actually much more than that.
Oh, and I love slide hopping, it's more versatile thant the standard b hopping in the original game.

Alx

I know attrition was loved in Titanfall 1. What exactly is the gamemode? Is it just Team Deathmatch?

Basically yes, except that you score points by killing grunts, titans or pilots (some being worth more than others of course). Probably the most fun if you want to always have stuff to shoot at.

Gator86

I'm watching footage and Titans still seem as disposable as they were in the beta. Gamestop's footage had a guy getting into a Titan and another Titan immediately using a Super on him and dooming him in less than 10 seconds.

More than anything else, the thing that murders my excitement for this game.

Darkangel

Ugh, I have this preordered and paid off, but I'm so mad that they screwed with the perfect movement from the first game.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm very happy they put FFA in this time, I really wanted that mode for the first game.

No Frontier Defense is disappointing ... fingers crossed it gets patched in sometime if ever :/

Gator86

So much crow will be eaten. Astounding mouthfuls.

Not really. No one seems to give a shit about TF2 on GAF and review threads are mostly just shitposting from people wanting a game to get a specific score, high or low. There will be more media bashing and metacritic truthering than crow eating, regardless of the reviews.

More than anything else, the thing that murders my excitement for this game.

Check your area before dropping a titan? Don't blindly call it in?

So much crow will be eaten. Astounding mouthfuls.

Agreed (and a lot of salt)

Him saying the other maps in the game are better has me incredibly suspect after Respawn effectively put their first foot forward with 3 poor maps and outright admitted that they represent a shift in design philosophy.

I guess I'll find out for myself next Friday, though.

There are new maps in all of these videos. They all look LOADS better than the tech test maps.

Chris1

I'm very happy they put FFA in this time, I really wanted that mode for the first game.

No Frontier Defense is disappointing ... fingers crossed it gets patched in sometime if ever :/

I have no doubts the post launch support will be amazing just like TF1. Frontier Defense will definitely come as free DLC at some point, it's just sad and strange it's not there at launch since it was the second most popular mode.

I want to eat crow. I think SP will be very good, and the MP maps look more promising, but Im really not sure how the community will end up

Lots of games these days try to be service games and end up healthy enough. Siege for example.

And free maps for life is very assuring. So I expect a much healthier community than TF1.

But god, those 3 alpha maps were beyond bad.

I wish they didnt hurt the impressions so much. I really intend to pick this up come 2017, but BF is too big of a deal right now. Crazy that EA lets it release so close together.

Despite my incredible criticism, I enjoyed the alpha. Hopeful that good maps and good modes will make it that much better

Djostikk

Why do you guys think there are will be a lots of crows eaten? Game looks solid so far, and it has campaign from proper pepople behind it.

I want to eat as much crow as possible but I'm still not convinced. In the IGN preview the guy speaking even said "cool pilot movement when the maps allow it"

9R482ey.gif

SwolBro

Banned
I know attrition was loved in Titanfall 1. What exactly is the gamemode? Is it just Team Deathmatch?
Yeah, but you gain points by shooting the a.i as well.

It's not the best mode though, definitely not the mode that highlights all that is amazing with Titanfall. That would be CTF but CTF is a bit more of a competitive mode and it can get frustrating fast for the noncompetitive playerbase.

I want to eat as much crow as possible but I'm still not convinced. In the IGN preview the guy speaking even said "cool pilot movement when the maps allow it"

9R482ey.gif
You're going to trust an IGN reviewer that plays this like COD? Why not watch FrothyOmen and his opinions. He's actually a veteran Titanfall player.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Any answer on what T-Day is? Can't watch vids at work.

Him saying the other maps in the game are better has me incredibly suspect after Respawn effectively put their first foot forward with 3 poor maps and outright admitted that they represent a shift in design philosophy.

I guess I'll find out for myself next Friday, though.
They probably put the maps most different from the first Titanfall in the tech test to show off new stuff. Now we're seeing the stuff that's building on the original.

It's not the best mode though, definitely not the mode that highlights all that is amazing with Titanfall. That would be CTF but CTF is a bit more of a competitive mode and it can get frustrating fast for the noncompetitive playerbase.

You're going to trust and IGN reviewer that plays this like COD? Why not watch FrothyOmen and his opinions. He's actually a veteran Titanfall player.
I am! I'm going through every video in the OP. I was a massive fan of the original too :)

Joyful

Any answer on what T-Day is? Can't watch vids at work.

They probably put the maps most different from the first Titanfall in the tech test to show off new stuff. Now we're seeing the stuff that's building on the original.

t-day is 8v8 gamemodes

KodaRuss

Basically yes, except that you score points by killing grunts, titans or pilots (some being worth more than others of course). Probably the most fun if you want to always have stuff to shoot at.

How did it differ from the mode that released during the beta, Bounty Hunt? Less enemies?

Because everything I have heard about Attrition is very similar to Bounty Hunt. Never played Titanfall 1

Loxley

The Infinite Warfare beta was a huge disappointment and Battlefield 1 didn't manage to grab me either. I'm holding out hope that Titanfall 2 will be the new and shiny FPS to really get me excited. I like what I've seen so far.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How did it differ from the mode that released during the beta, Bounty Hunt? Less enemies?

Because everything I have heard about Attrition is very similar to Bounty Hunt. Never played Titanfall 1

Bounty Hunt rewards you with $$ for kills which you deposit at certain times, and getting killed docks half of your cash. Banks tend to become campfests. Attrition is straight TDM, you get points for kills and first team to x points wins. They may sound a lot alike but they play much differently. Attrition is a much better mode to play if you're not playing with a group of friends.

Bounty Hunt rewards you with $$ for kills which you deposit at certain times, and getting killed docks half of your cash. Banks tend to become campfests. Attrition is straight TDM, you get points for kills and first team to x points wins. They may sound a lot alike but they play much differently. Attrition is a much better mode to play if you're not playing with a group of friends.

They also updated bounty hunt from the tech test. Overheard that on the tactical brit's preview video. Not sure what he means though.

KodaRuss

Alright, I got it.

I think Titanfall 2 might benefit from having a gamemode like the Killzone games had where the game type would switch a couple times during the match. Team Deathmatch -> Capture the Flag -> Domination. Could be pretty cool.

only 9 (+coliseum) maps on launch :(

(titanfall 1 launched with 15)
Oof, that's rough, especially if 3+ of the maps aren't suited to every gamemode. The maps have been one of the more ubiquitous complaints, and having 9 at launch isn't going to assuage those concerns for people that are on the fence.

Oof, that's rough, especially if 3+ of the maps aren't suited to every gamemode. The maps have been one of the more ubiquitous complaints, and having 9 at launch isn't going to assuage those concerns for people that are on the fence.

Well the game does have a single player vs TF1 being a MP only game with 15 maps. Then you had to pay for more maps Where we will get free maps going forward for TF2.

Alx

Yup, also Attrition is less scripted, ennemies spawn at random places all around the maps and aren't as scripted as Bounty Hunt, where you always go through the same phases, same spawn points and same ennemies.
Also attrition is your army of grunt vs the other team army of grunts (you can even follow your own grunts using them as bait for other players), while Bounty Hunter has a neutral army of AI being shot at by two opposite teams for whatever reason.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
They also updated bounty hunt from the tech test. Overheard that on the tactical brit's preview video. Not sure what he means though.

I just watched that video and he says cash from certain kills gets deposited automatically without having to wait for a bank to open, also you lose less cash when you die. Not much info really. They really need to speed bank deposit times up or just make it instantaneous, if you had a lot of cash to deposit during the tech test you were pretty much a sitting duck while you waited for your deposit to finish.

the slide/jumping feels so incredible in this game. It's by far my most anticipated game of the year.

It's like an active reload for movement.

Top Bottom