• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Todd Howard to be inducted into AIAS Hall of Fame

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-12-14-todd-howard-to-be-inducted-into-aias-hall-of-fame

The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) has announced the next inductee for its Hall of Fame: Bethesda Game Studios executive producer and game director Todd Howard. The creative force behind The Elder Scrolls and recent Fallout games will be the Academy's 22nd Hall of Fame recipient when he gets the award on Thursday, February 23, 2017, at the Mandalay Convention Center in Las Vegas during the 20th D.I.C.E. Awards.

"The Academy is thrilled to be honoring Todd Howard as our next Hall of Fame recipient during our 20th D.I.C.E. Awards celebration," said Mike Fischer, president, Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, who recently replaced Martin Rae. "I know that many of us in the industry have spent countless hours enthralled in the vast, open worlds that Todd has created. He's made us all reconsider the player-game relationship and extended the storytelling possibilities of our medium. We look forward to honoring Todd and celebrating his achievements and contributions to the video games industry."

Pete Hines, Bethesda's long-time public relations boss, added, "Todd's impact on his studio, our company, and the gaming industry as a whole has been truly remarkable. When you look at the very best game developers of all time -- the 21 members of the AIAS Hall of Fame -- I think Todd deserves to have his name right alongside of them as the best of the best."

I hear he will give a complete new speech that will actually just be a slightly modified speech he used when he was awarded a award from the GDC

I hate the memes surrounding this guy about how he supposedly lied about various things. Most of the "lies" are just marketing speak like "the world is varied and dynamic," which is debatable but closer to opinion than disprovable fact.

He's far more trustworthy than people like Molyneux. He didn't make up specific stuff on the spot in interviews and have developers scrambling to implement them. He's just enthusiastic, and honestly has a pretty good track record.

Well deserving of this.

Arkeband

Banned
He's far more trustworthy than people like Molyneux. He didn't make up specific stuff on the spot in interviews and have developers scrambling to implement them. He's just enthusiastic, and honestly has a pretty good track record.

Fun Fact: Molyneux is also on the Hall of Fame list.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Even if people don't like Bethesda's games, I can't really see the argument where they're not incredibly well received by the general audience and very influential among game developers, which would assuredly be the main two criteria for this award.

Ashodin

Even if people don't like Bethesda's games, I can't really see the argument where they're not incredibly well received by the general audience and very influential among game developers, which would assuredly be the main two criteria for this award.
When asked about the process to nominate him, Todd Howard said:

"It just works."

;)

And just like all industry legends Toddy boy has some legendary quotes.

vMuQCeD.png

YaBish

Congrats to him. Even if his games aren't always super well received by the RPG crowd, I still think they're fun.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Not a fan of his but it's undeniable that he was at the helm of development of multiple well regarded games that were enjoyed by millions of people across the globe. Congrats Mr. Howard.

MegaMelon

And just like all industry legends Toddy boy has some legendary quotes.

If you want to argue his more recent work isn't good it's very easy to do so using actual facts and explanations. Cherry picked memes (or whatever you wanna call them) like that just make you look like a troll. Not to mention look at his previous work and it's undoubtedly amazing.

Linkyn

I have my issues with the more current Bethesda games, but it's hard to argue against the impact Howard has had in the industry.

Van Bur3n

Sometimes I love the man, sometimes he gives me conniptions. But I can't deny what his work has done for the industry. Well deserved.

If you want to argue his more recent work isn't good it's very easy to do so using actual facts and explanations. Cherry picked memes (or whatever you wanna call them) like that just make you look like a troll. Not to mention look at his previous work and it's undoubtedly amazing.
Yeah, Morrowind is an amazing game. Too bad that was 14 years ago.

Top Bottom