ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove - Gameplay Trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

ToeJam and Earl have crash-landed back on Earth in ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove, a funky fresh rogue-like adventure infused with old skool hip-hop and jam packed with awesome throwbacks to the 1991 classic. Original Funk Lord (and co-creator) Greg Johnson is back at the helm with the sequel that ToeJam and Earl fans have been waiting for.

ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC on 1st March 2019.

Feb 8, 2018
Looks a lot like to original/1st TJ&E game. I loved the original, lots of great memories and two player couch co-op.
Hopeful that this one will recapture that games fun and “feel”.

Oct 6, 2018
Has there ever been a game like the original ToeJam and Earl in the 27 years since its release? I remember playing it two player at a friend's house - a truely unique experience. 1991 was a great year for the Megadrive. Sonic, Streets of Rage and TJ & Earl all in the same year! Although obviously low-budget, I might give this a look.

Dec 7, 2016
León, Spain
ToeJam & Earl was probably the first dynamic split-screen game ever developed, its nice to see that feature again.

It will be a bast in Switch if they keep that and each player can use each joy-con.

Last edited: