• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toki remake coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC in Q2 2019.

Unpopular opinion:
Flash-based animated sprites > “retro” 8-16 bit sprites
yes but most indie developers do not give a shit about putting effort into games

contraversial opinion. but I will not touch pixel art games. most of them I just wont. they look and feel the same

Fuz

Banned
Unpopular opinion:
Flash-based animated sprites > “retro” 8-16 bit sprites
latest

yes but most indie developers do not give a shit about putting effort into games
It's the other way around. It's the shitty flash-game sprites that take no effort.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It's the other way around. It's the shitty flash-game sprites that take no effort.
Just for a quick clarification when I said flash based, I’m referring to hand-drawn sprites ala castle crashers.

That aside, I would say games like Ori, Rayman Origins/Legends, Hollowknight, wonderboy, cuphead, skullgirl and guacamelee prove that handrawn games can play and feel just as classic as pixelated games.

Fuz

Banned
That aside, I would say games like Ori, Rayman Origins/Legends, Hollowknight, wonderboy, cuphead, skullgirl and guacamelee prove that handrawn games can play and feel just as classic as pixelated games.
You're heavily mixing flash style with hand drawn, here.

xrnzaaas

I had Toki on Amiga. Very nice and tough game. Looking forward physical edition.
Nice, I also had an Amiga, but I think I couldn't buy it at the time so I had to skip it. I also remember it for its difficulty (wasted a lot of money in the arcades) so I'm definitely looking forward to that announced quick saving system. ;)

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
It's a tenner on Steam at the moment. Worth it if you are a fan, looks lovely, plays just as you remember. Cheap kills and all :messenger_pouting:

Top Bottom