• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Game Show 2009

Xelinis

DimmuBurgerKing said:
I'm already in the middle of another Suikoden II playthrough. It's like a Kindness Drops upon the Suiko-deprived soul. </3

Likewise, I've started a Suikoden I playthrough recently, hopefully going through the entire series again. (Except for IV and Tactics, for the obvious reasons.)

I've played a ton of RPGs but the Suikoden games are the only ones I ever feel the urge to go back and replay countless times. Goddammit Konami, you really have no idea what a good thing you've got here.

Xelinis said:
Likewise, I've started a Suikoden I playthrough recently, hopefully going through the entire series again. (Except for IV and Tactics, for the obvious reasons.)

I've played a ton of RPGs but the Suikoden games are the only ones I ever feel the urge to go back and replay countless times. Goddammit Konami, you really have no idea what a good thing you've got here.

Just picked up Suikoden II a few weeks ago. I think I'll finally have time to pop it in tonight. I hope it's as legendary as you guys have made it out to be.

B.K.

RedNumberFive said:
Just picked up Suikoden II a few weeks ago. I think I'll finally have time to pop it in tonight. I hope it's as legendary as you guys have made it out to be.

It's not too bad, but it's almost as overhyped as Final Fantasy VI and VII.

Xelinis

With my hopes for a Murayama-written Suikoden VI severely (but not completely) diminished, I just had a thought.

This mystery RPG that Murayama's working on, what if it's none other than End of Eternity? You'd think with his Suikoden background that he wouldn't be anywhere near that project. But then you remember Tsukiyo ni Saraba.

oneHeero

Can anyone summarize whats happened so far for those of us at work. a quick list is fine, im on phone typing this ssince gaf is blocked at work.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Imperial Hot said:
Did Microsoft have their press conference yet? I know they had that Creator's Panel, buit I am assuming that was not the same thing.
MS will not have a press conference at TGS.

EXGN

Sorry, I've been out of the loop, but are the TGS announcements essentially done? Is Konami or Capcom gonna do anything?

Red Blaster said:
The general lameness of Sony's keynote served as the perfect reminder of how depressing the Japanese game industry is these days.

TGS has never been a 'bring out the megatonz' keynote place. Its a place where companies Show games.

The Sony Conference was good. Some solid details about the motion controller (The next big piece of hardware) Reveal of the 250gb Slim and a GT5 Release date. What more could you want?

xero273

SilverLunar said:
So what is left?

namco has their .hack link event today. Tekken event, I think is tomorrow. Then the weekend is 1 hour events for tales of vesperia and Tales of graces. I don't know what other companies have.

Is there a White Knight Chronicles 2 trailer out there somewhere? I know it had a trailer at that SCEJ conference but I can't find it. Have Sony/L5 even uploaded it yet? Curious to see what improvements the engine and gameplay have seen.

oneHeero said:
Can anyone summarize whats happened so far for those of us at work. a quick list is fine, im on phone typing this ssince gaf is blocked at work.

I can get behind this. So far I've heard nothing noteworthy. Do we know the release date (or whereabouts) for Last Guardian? That's pretty much the only game I'm really interested coming from Japan at the moment.

Paracelsus

xero273 said:
namco has their .hack link event today. Tekken event, I think is tomorrow. Then the weekend is 1 hour events for tales of vesperia and Tales of graces. I don't know what other companies have.

What for? The tie-in movie? It seems a waste of time.

Rpgmonkey

This year seems really tame...

Paracelsus said:
What for? The tie-in movie? It seems a waste of time.

Just a little event aimed at the fans where they pimp ToV (both the game and movie), talk about Graces, and bring in a few Voice Actors as guests. You can buy tickets to the movie there as well IIRC.

I have to say I am very dissappointed with the TGS so far ...

MS said they "absolutely" had many new things to show ,everybody expected Sony to come with all the heavyhitters to continue their assault after E3 and Gamescom ,Nintendo HAD to announce something for gods sake ..

I was dreaming about 2-3 JRPG announced for the PS3 ,the final release date of GT5 in 2009 ,European data for Yakuza 3 and White Knight Chronicles ,many new PSP games ,the PS Wand receiving heavy hitters as Everybodys Golf ,Ace Combat for the PS3...

And what do we get?A lame Hirai conference ,a cold shower with the march 2010 release date for GT5 ,no new RPGs except WKC2 ,so-so games for the motion controller and no analogue stick (you have to use the DS3 ,a cheap and working solution but hardly what we were expecting) in it ,no european data for Yakuza 3 and WKC ,...

The only good things:Ape Scape ,White Knight Chronicles ,PSP Room (as lame as it can be it still is a new feature) ,price drop of PSP3000 (way better than that PSP Go) ,unveiling of Yakuza 4.....and thats about it.Oh yeah ,and the PSP games that some are absolutely incredible as The Last Ranker ,Metal Gear Peace Walker ,Valkyria Chronicles 2 etc.

As for MS and Nintendo ,they doesnt seem even to be attending TGS its really really sad.

For me ,this is the worst TGS I can remember.

wRATH2x

Banned
Well this has got to be the worst TGS for me. I wanna know if there's any hope of something getting announced or anything, are we expecting anything?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Wrath2X said:
Well this has got to be the worst TGS for me. I wanna know if there's any hope of something getting announced or anything, are we expecting anything?

Most of the announcements got revealed in Famitsu from this week and the week before.

lupinko

achilles140 said:
I have to say I am very dissappointed with the TGS so far ...

MS said they "absolutely" had many new things to show ,everybody expected Sony to come with all the heavyhitters to continue their assault after E3 and Gamescom ,Nintendo HAD to announce something for gods sake ..

I was dreaming about 2-3 JRPG announced for the PS3 ,the final release date of GT5 in 2009 ,European data for Yakuza 3 and White Knight Chronicles ,many new PSP games ,the PS Wand receiving heavy hitters as Everybodys Golf ,Ace Combat for the PS3...

And what do we get?A lame Hirai conference ,a cold shower with the march 2010 release date for GT5 ,no new RPGs except WKC2 ,so-so games for the motion controller and no analogue stick (you have to use the DS3 ,a cheap and working solution but hardly what we were expecting) in it ,no european data for Yakuza 3 and WKC ,...

Why would they announce European release dates at the Tokyo Game Show?

kay

Wizardry&#12288;&#22234;&#12431;&#12428;&#12375;&#39746;&#12398;&#36855;&#23470;
1vj11.jpg

f6pvc.jpg

23l1p9k.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
This has been the most disappointing TGS for me in years... :(. Oh well, there are so many great games coming soon that I'll live :).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Thunderbear said:
This has been the most disappointing TGS for me in years... :(. Oh well, there are so many great games coming soon that I'll live :).

My sentiments exactly. I don't even know what to think.

Luckily I'll have Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Assassins Creed 2 soon.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Seraphis Cain said:
Are we sure that means there will be no Japan conference? I just took it to mean there would be no US conference.
We probably wouldn't find out until the last second if they are having one, but I'm not holding my breath.

wsippel

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
Are we sure that means there will be no Japan conference? I just took it to mean there would be no US conference.
We don't really know. They usually have one. 2006 was the only exception in recent years, but that was also the year of the Wii launch.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Black_Ice said:
My sentiments exactly. I don't even know what to think.

Luckily I'll have Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank, and Assassins Creed 2 soon.

Yeah... I would at least have liked to have seen new God of War III footage, some more actual Last Guardian Footage, White Knight Chronicles 2 footage, GT5 footage (new track at least), some more on Castlevania not to mention some new exciting announcements (what happened to the Street Fighter IV "sequel"?)...

We haven't even seen much Dead Rising 2 (a little bit, but not much).

And what's Mistwalker up to? I was hoping Microsoft would announce something from them, like Blue Dragon 2, LO 2 or some other Xbox360 title.

Sigh :(...

Top Bottom