• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Summer Olympics 2021... I mean 2020 Thread

reksveks

The witcher shooter is in a shoot-off for the gold medal in 25m air pistol.

Shoot-off was a bit boring, dominated by the Russian aka the witcher shooter so a second gold.

Moved on the individual archery final

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
🤔 Ritalin, even more layers to this thing. She might have been taking Ritalin for her ADHD? But it's also considered a PED and in Japan seems very difficult to get or highly restricted. Possible she had to get off the meds which could have thrown her off but also Ritalin can increase focus which gives her an advantage. Really a grey area.

I mean, getting off such meds, will surely fuck you up. In this case I understand the withdrawal.

INC

Archery is engrossing.

Korean An Sung ends up winning the gold after a shoot off in the semi and the finals.

3 golds at the age of 20

Made me and my mates look into getting some recurve or compound bows to go hunting/target practice

Love archery, and a handy skill to have if the world goes to shit lol

Anyone seeing this 4x400 mixed genders? The difference between the men and women is hilarious. a women who had a head start of 100 meters or so got passed by all the guys 🤣🤣

Must shatter reeee minds that say there is no difference between men and women.

reksveks

Must shatter reeee minds that say there is no difference between men and women.
Source to people whom say there is no physical difference between men and women?

There is a term for this, I think it's called 'nut hunting' where you look for the craziest argument from the other side of a debate.

Just saw the US was disqualified in the first heat

Last edited:
Source to people whom say there is no physical difference between men and women?

There is a term for this, I think it's called 'nut hunting' where you look for the craziest argument from the other side of a debate.

Just go there and post the many differences between men and women when it comes sports/athletisism and report back how many seconds it took to get banned

I dont visit that helllhole anymore, crazy town.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So they nabbed the bedding? That's my taxpayer money you a-holes.
Doesnt even make sense. Pillow cases and bedsheets dont take up much room if folded up nice. Anytime you buy a full bedding kit from a store, it's compacted into something not much bigger than a shoebox.

They must had been trying to stuff blankets or actual fucking pillows in their luggage. lol

reksveks

🤔 Ritalin, even more layers to this thing. She might have been taking Ritalin for her ADHD? But it's also considered a PED and in Japan seems very difficult to get or highly restricted. Possible she had to get off the meds which could have thrown her off but also Ritalin can increase focus which gives her an advantage. Really a grey area.

Grey area in terms of principles, not in terms of WADA rules. She probably is still taking it and probably will have been able to take.

Tschumi

Korean people are giving the Archer woman shit for her short hair. Saying she should apologise for a feminist hairstyle and even that she should give back her gold medal... Apparently there's a growing anti-feminist feeling among young men...

... That's so fucked up, fucktards in the West are struggling with trans and stuff, and these bastards can't even handle women... Crap music, plastic faces, worse attitudes...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Last thing I'll say about Simone Biles and folks calling her weak... .

She has competed before with a broken toe... And won. She had competed with a kidney stone... And won ... that's not to mention the sexual abuse she suffered and is taking anxiety medication for. Saying she can't handle adversity is just wrong. The ONE time she actually tried to take care of her mental health and folks get mad at her like she committed treason or something...

Tschumi

Haha womens football is so funny. I think a game with toddlers is higher level.
Japan vs. Sweden? I actually found it pretty engrossing, Japan is probably the best "tiki-taka" team in the world these days, so it was pretty engrossing to see them coming to grips with the Swedes having fucking long legs lol... took them a while to get into gear, and the Swedish coach made some good adjustments, but i actually thought Japan were the better football team... They should have been 2-1 up, ended up 1-3, bummer...

Ain't gonna lie, it's because they're tiny, so fucking easy for the Swedes to attack.. like it would be easy for me to attack at 6ft against middle school students lol.. Japan juked through the Swedish defence a dozen times though.. shit finishing...

reksveks

Korean people are giving the Archer woman shit for her short hair. Saying she should apologise for a feminist hairstyle and even that she should give back her gold medal... Apparently there's a growing anti-feminist feeling among young men...

... That's so fucked up, fucktards in the West are struggling with trans and stuff, and these bastards can't even handle women... Crap music, plastic faces, worse attitudes...
Saw this before and then didn't the korean women make a sign/symbol for their small penises?

If not agreeing with trans men competing in women competion makes you a fucktard, then im the biggest.

The mixed 4x400 is all you need to see to be convinced.

Last edited:
Notice the attitude of men Vs women. For example in gymnastics - the men were obviously enjoying the competition and had a positive vibe. My favourite was a Korean dude who pulled a Simone Biles at jumping and was laughing at his own mistake. Meanwhile the women were super tense and no fun at all.

Tschumi

If not agreeing with trans men competing in women competion makes you a fucktard, then im the biggest.

The mixed 4x400 is all you need to see to be convinced.
i dunno what ur on about with the second thing, but i consider the first thing to be another question, i'm just talking about general problems some seem to have with these minorities

trans women in sports is a grey area that i am undecided/unclear on but am not bothered by.

Dural

US was reinstated, official lined her up incorrectly causing the exchange to happen late.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
US is fucked without Thompson, not good...

KC Lightfoot kicking ass...kid lives down the street from me

Last edited:

Gp1

King of Fighters style Judo is much better to watch than individual. Way more exciting.

Awesome matches between France vs Israel.

Last edited:

reksveks

Catching up with the events I was sleeping through.

Enjoyed the 4x100m mixed medley and damn did the Hungarian Malik give Dressel a run for his money.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Women's steeplechase is on. Run and jump over a hurdle with a water splashpad. Then I thought, why the hell is there a water part? Google says this and even answered why its called steeplechase to begin with. Never thought of that either.

Why is there water in the 3000m steeplechase?

The steeplechase originated in England, when people once raced from one church's steeple to the next. (They were used as markers due to their high visibility.) Runners would encounter streams and stonewalls when running between towns, which is why the hurdles and water jumps are now included.

Last edited:

reksveks

Golf is getting pretty nervy now.

Think it's too late for the Japanese golfer, missed a couple of birdies

Last edited:

reksveks

The Italian high jumper sprinting down the 100m gold medalist just after he won himself was a nice moment.

First European to win the Olympic 100m title since Linford Christie at Barcelona 1992.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

So the fastest active man in the world today is Italian WTF

He ran so much faster than his Personnal Best , it's quite astonishing.
Italy did great today. But the best moment was the High Jumpers sharing the gold medal.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Great timing. Just got home and turned o the TV. I think it's the 100M mens final right now???

Edit: Fuck. It's a replay. lol

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Holy shit Scott Russel is getting damn old on CBC. He's 63 now. His voice hasnt really changed though, but his looks and grandpa glasses making him a senior citizen.

DKehoe

He ran so much faster than his Personnal Best , it's quite astonishing.
Italy did great today. But the best moment was the High Jumpers sharing the gold medal.
The high jumpers choosing to share the gold medal was a cool moment. I didn't even know that was a thing that you could do.

Tschumi

Questin: How did Yulimar Rojas beat the world record so easily?

The jump before her record was at least as long, just a foul.

I'm just asking, like, why the fuck didn't she do it before if she's (presumably) well into her 20s and able to thump the world record in two consecutive jumps?

Also, why were the high jumpers so fucking hyper?

I dunno, this is total supposition but I'm wondering if the new doping is, fucking, mini meth hits or something

on the opposite note: 100m final = apparently what happens when the race is clean (or doesn't involve a 6ft 5 freak of nature), bunch of randoms looking not-so-fast getting literally blinded by the spotlight during introduction lol... i thought the way they introduced the race by playing a cheesy graphic over the track was pretty hilarious considering the content... they needed them some Bolt

Last edited:

reksveks

The whole thing around the Belarusian athlete almost getting forced to go home cause she criticised the coaches and national Olympic committee is very worrying. Thankfully a number of countries have offered asylum.

Last edited:

reksveks

The Indonesia absolutely smashing this women's double badminton final, they won a point whilst one of the players had to get a replacement racket.

reksveks

The velodrome is open and I always enjoy it, the US team sprint was a bit of a shambles.

Sadly expecting the same from GB.

Top Bottom