• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters [OT] Love is kinda crazy with a spooky girl like you.

I haven't picked this up yet even though I want to give it a try, so I hope we get the enhanced version in North America.

I imagine it would probably be digital only, but I could live with that.

cj_iwakura

You're so far off on those numbers. PSNProfiles says 11 people have platinumed the game, and 49 have beaten chapter 13. I'm one of the 49, not the 11 yet. I would pay for a PS4 port of this game. It deserves one.

I'd love to know how they got the Stocking trophy, there's no indication of what it even means.

Regarding the new version, looks like they're giving Sayuri's friend more costumes and there's one new guy?

Ricitor

Started the game last night and played a bit more this morning. I am really loving this and I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner.
Had to use this thread for reference to make sure I understood the response system correctly (cause apparently I was trying to grope and kiss everyone).
Seems like the safest option is just going with "handshakes" so I'm sticking to that so I don't piss anyone off.

Only thing I have not figured out, is there anyway to level up your party members stats like the MC's? They desperately need AP.

PS. Best version of Spooky is by Percy Sledge

cj_iwakura

Started the game last night and played a bit more this morning. I am really loving this and I am kicking myself for not getting it sooner.
Had to use this thread for reference to make sure I understood the response system correctly (cause apparently I was trying to grope and kiss everyone).
Seems like the safest option is just going with "handshakes" so I'm sticking to that so I don't piss anyone off.

Only thing I have not figured out, is there anyway to level up your party members stats like the MC's? They desperately need AP.

Not really, they mostly get levels when you bring them along on side quests or they survive story missions. Their stats are auto-allocated, though. You want to give MC allll the AP points until he has like eight.

Remk

So... I just browsed the first three pages and the comments go from somewhat positive to mediocre on the game, not really that encouraging for sure.

But the game looks interesting/unique and at its current $10 sale price I think I will just pull the trigger on the Vita version.

But I am still interested on what people will have to say to newcomers.

So... I just browsed the first three pages and the comments go from somewhat positive to mediocre on the game, not really that encouraging for sure.

But the game looks interesting/unique and at its current $10 sale price I think I will just pull the trigger on the Vita version.

But I am still interested on what people will have to say to newcomers.

For $10 I don't think you will regret it. I enjoyed the game myself.

Hmmmmmmmm. Stumbled into this thread on my way to the B/S/T thread. My interest is piqued.

Any word on the updated version getting localized? I can't find anything on google. I know the current version is HELLA cheap right now but I don't see the point in buying both when I can just buy the updated version in a couple months.

cj_iwakura

Hmmmmmmmm. Stumbled into this thread on my way to the B/S/T thread. My interest is piqued.

Any word on the updated version getting localized? I can't find anything on google. I know the current version is HELLA cheap right now but I don't see the point in buying both when I can just buy the updated version in a couple months.

None whatsoever. Highly unlikely.

Taruranto

Sorry for the bump, but can't find many info about the game, so I figure I'd ask here.

Is it normal weapon upgrade has been incredibly inconstant? The MC is fine, but Sengen has been stuck with his initial weapon for hours now and even Mifune who got her second weapon is starting to lag behind. I tried to use the whiteboard for him already (even reloading over and over until trying to get something... zero) and only got crafting items. His laboratory doesn't offer anything but basic weapons. And the shop lottery doesn't offer weapons as far I know.

Would have been nice to know that before doing NG+. :p

I bought this game months ago, but bailed out after the tutorial mission took me the better part of an hour. I'm kinda interested in going back to it, how hard is it to get all the different endings? Does NG+ have increased difficulty for enemies, or does it let you breeze through the combat and focus on the conversations?

cj_iwakura

Sorry for the bump, but can't find many info about the game, so I figure I'd ask here.

Is it normal weapon upgrade has been incredibly inconstant? The MC is fine, but Sengen has been stuck with his initial weapon for hours now and even Mifune who got her second weapon is starting to lag behind. I tried to use the whiteboard for him already (even reloading over and over until trying to get something... zero) and only got crafting items. His laboratory doesn't offer anything but basic weapons. And the shop lottery doesn't offer weapons as far I know.

You can get better weapons for the other characters. Depends on who you use, though.

I bought this game months ago, but bailed out after the tutorial mission took me the better part of an hour. I'm kinda interested in going back to it, how hard is it to get all the different endings? Does NG+ have increased difficulty for enemies, or does it let you breeze through the combat and focus on the conversations?
I breezed through NG+ real fast. Took me around 2-3 hours.

Dot-N-Run

It has been a while since I have played the game, but yes, the weapon upgrading is incredibly inconsistent. From what I can remember Sengen's lab does offer an upgraded weapon for him though, it is just that you really need to level up a specific skill that makes it so more stuff is offered in his lab. I really do need to check later to see which skill it is (and if I am even remembering any of this correctly), but I am fairly certain that training with Sengen using the whiteboard is a way to level up that skill.

Taruranto

It has been a while since I have played the game, but yes, the weapon upgrading is incredibly inconsistent. From what I can remember Sengen's lab does offer an upgraded weapon for him though, it is just that you really need to level up a specific skill that makes it so more stuff is offered in his lab. I really do need to check later to see which skill it is (and if I am even remembering any of this correctly), but I am fairly certain that training with Sengen using the whiteboard is a way to level up that skill.

Alright, thanks. Lately Sengen hasn't been available anyway, so w/ever.

Just meet the twins... man, this game was doings so well character-wise, even the cat-girl wasn't so annoying/terrible/bleah. :(

What characters did people use anyway?

So far I'm using Mifune (Great numbers of skills, attack range, etc), Yamakawa (Ghost 0AP skill is great, and I like his character design).

I'm surprised there are so many male characters lol, usually in VN (although this one isn't much a VN as it is a TRPG with a VN paint) you get max 3.

cj_iwakura

Just meet the twins... man, this game was doings so well character-wise, even the cat-girl wasn't so annoying/terrible/bleah. :(

So far I'm using Mifune (Great numbers of skills, attack range, etc), Yamakawa (Ghost 0AP skill is great, and I like his character design).

I'm surprised there are so many male characters lol, usually in VN (although this one isn't much a VN as it is a TRPG with a VN paint) you get max 3.

I think the game is very fair with equal opportunity casting. My party was MC, Sayuri, Kojiro(his gun range is fantastic), and Raidou Tessen for his versatility. Tei, Iku, and Chigusa sometimes.

Sadly, if there's an openly gay character in a JRPG, you can bet it's gonna be a trope. Sad, but they're getting better. Sometimes.

Taruranto

I think the game is very fair with equal opportunity casting. My party was MC, Sayuri, Kojiro(his gun range is fantastic), and Raidou Tessen for his versatility. Tei, Iku, and Chigusa sometimes.

Yeah, I wasn't complaining, I just thought it was weird given to whom these kind of products are aimed in general. It's basically a sausage-fest until Tei joins lol.

Sadly, if there's an openly gay character in a JRPG, you can bet it's gonna be a trope. Sad, but they're getting better. Sometimes.

I normally don't care much, because meh, not worth, but given the way the writers handled Shiga character it was pretty disappointing to see them fall for such a bad and offensive stereotypes with the twins. At least the characters don't seem to react too much to them.

Dot-N-Run

You made a good choice with Yamakawa. Just so you know, that skill that he uses that drops adjacent ghost AP to 0 works on literally every enemy in the game, it's pretty amazing. If you manage to hit a boss with it once you can just stunlock them forever.

Taruranto

Finished.

Ending felt pretty weird, like the developers suddenly realized "Shit, we are out of time! Someone write the final episode!". The game was still introducing elements until the last episodes, basically.

Several characters never joined me, including
The brothers, cat-girl and JGDF.
Not sure why, since I was following a FAQ.

I got... Yamakawa's ending (I was going for Shiga)? It was very awkward, he didn't have any story relevance since chapter 4 or so...

Overall, it was a good game, but a lot of elements felt undercooked/underdeveloped.

cj_iwakura

Shizuka

Is anyone picking up the Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters rerelease? Is this going to be the OT for the rerelease as well?

pariah164

Sorry for the necro; didn't seen an OT for Daybreak. It's on sale because of a flash sale. Just what kind of RPG is it? Is it worth $16?

Seriously? Why the hell does this game need a pc port? 2d, probably 60fps already, about as popular as an Xbox in Japan...why couldn't this stay console exclusive? What's the damn point? Nobody on pc wants these obscure Japanese games; stop porting them and use the money on something else...like idk, ANOTHER LOCALIZATION? God damn it, consoles suck nowadays. Why do I even own them? Why waste time and effort on pc ports of obscure shit like this? It make no damn sense. It ruins the PS4 and Vita too, back in the day Playstation was the exclusive home of jp games, but now, PC has all the good shit and all the obscure shit. Why would anybody buy anything else but a pc? Why? PC should just be the default platform at this point for any self respecting gamer. Consoles were a mistake. They are, literally, nothing but trash.

And before you say anything else, Playstation exclusives are not the reason I loved PlayStation. It was for all the exclusive JRPGs and shit from third parties. That is why PlayStation was legendary. All gone. All we have is Knack 2. Lord help us.

Seriously? Why the hell does this game need a pc port? 2d, probably 60fps already, about as popular as an Xbox in Japan...why couldn't this stay console exclusive? What's the damn point? Nobody on pc wants these obscure Japanese games; stop porting them and use the money on something else...like idk, ANOTHER LOCALIZATION? God damn it, consoles suck nowadays. Why do I even own them? Why waste time and effort on pc ports of obscure shit like this? It make no damn sense. It ruins the PS4 and Vita too, back in the day Playstation was the exclusive home of jp games, but now, PC has all the good shit and all the obscure shit. Why would anybody buy anything else but a pc? Why? PC should just be the default platform at this point for any self respecting gamer. Consoles were a mistake. They are, literally, nothing but trash.

And before you say anything else, Playstation exclusives are not the reason I loved PlayStation. It was for all the exclusive JRPGs and shit from third parties. That is why PlayStation was legendary. All gone. All we have is Knack 2. Lord help us.
unCjQbb.gif

Top Bottom