• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes to divorce

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

this photo might not load but lol

bill0527

Just talking to my wife about this and we came to the conclusion that if these two love birds couldn't make a marriage work, there is no hope for the rest of us.

Kyoufu

Just talking to my wife about this and we came to the conclusion that if these two love birds couldn't make a marriage work, there is no hope for the rest of us.

This makes no sense.

There is no way on Earth anyone could make a marriage with Tom Cruise work.

red13th

A friend of mine works in the vancouver film industry.. on set but nothing big or anything. He said it wasnt even a secret to people in the industry and that hugh doesnt even do a whole lot to hide it. Hugh jackman is definitely gay.

What? I mean when I saw his kids were adopted it kinda made me wonder, but my gaydar must be malfunctioning, seriously.
He has always been gay in my dreams though
Hugh Jackman my waifu.

FStop7

Banned
It just dawned on me that their "romance" coincided with the impending release of Batman Begins, and all the gossip press said it was a PR stunt.

And now this fairy tale relationship's end coincides with the impending release of TDKR.

Is Nolan behind all of this? Is he the man pulling the strings of not just Hollywood... but perhaps the entire world?

The implications are staggering.

Riggs

Banned
Katie will come back. #teamkatie popgaf where the fuck are you?! Going to put out the popgaf distress spotlight .

commedieu

Banned
I don't get it. Does she have herpes, or is it makeup for a movie?

Also. Tom's ok in my book, if he is genuinely that happy/stoked all the time. The way he dealt with that reporter that splashed him with water showed a pretty damned good guy.

Can't wait to read her book though.

winter

Do people not fucking realize that cold sores are herpes? There is hsv1 and hsv2. One is genital sores and the other is cold sores. Over half the population carries the cold sore virus. Its super common. Shit, even a fifth of the population carries the genital herpes virus.

G-Fex

I'm pretty sure she was unconscious and possibly drugged up just like in that Batman picture when she was with Tom Cruise.

FStop7

Banned
Do people not fucking realize that cold sores are herpes? There is hsv1 and hsv2. One is genital sores and the other is cold sores. Over half the population carries the cold sore virus. Its super common. Shit, even a fifth of the population carries the genital herpes virus.

So you're saying there's a global pandemic?

This could be the hottest script to hit Hollywood in ages.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If it is the scientology side of things that forced her hand, I'm surprised it took this long.

Batman has come to save the thread.

kE7HS.jpg

Can't say of all the times I have seen Batman Begins have I ever noticed dat nipnips.
Those are some good choice boobies.

Raistlin

Weird. The Cruise Missile crash landed in Buffalo tonight.

There's a re-dedication event for the Scientology Church downtown tomorrow, though it's unclear whether he will be attending. Not sure why else he'd be here though.

EulaCapra

Bwahaha! Below are some blind items and today they were revealed as Tom/Katie.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=41993#more-41993
Originally posted Aprill 11th 2012:
They have passed the five-year point, so the marriage is over! They are living separately, their public appearances as a couple are down to once or twice a month (tops), and any time together is as much about keeping the child/ren connected to the whole family as it is to be seen together for the paparazzi.

Here’s the timing for the announcement of the split: He has two big projects this year. She has already agreed to chip in and help promote the first project [Rock of Ages] with red carpet appearances and positive interview mentions. If that occurs (and we believe it will), the official split will be announced during the summer lull. If she takes an additional payout and waits until after the second release, the announcement will be made approximately New Years 2013.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=43744#more-43744
Originally posted May 18th 2012:
This actress – who worked much more several years ago than she does now – has found the perfect way to annoy her controlling husband. He always insisted that she not step foot out of the house unless she was looking her best (full hair, makeup, clothes) because she was a “reflection of his image”.

But now that they have quietly separated, she consistently walks out of the house in casual clothes and messy hair and no makeup (even when her destination isn’t the gym). Of course, the paparazzi are there, just waiting to snap her photo. Her publicist called and said, “Do you realize how much you’re p*ssing him off when you do that?” She replied, “Absolutely!” and giggled. Sounds like it’s just her little way of reclaiming her life.
Were the cold sores just a foreshadowing? And yes, I'm guilty of indulging in some celebrity blind items for moments like these. :D

Sobriquet

I have to admit, it's somewhat amusing reading threads like this while knowing which actors are or aren't gay. For some of them, and this has been mentioned in the thread, it's an "open secret." Not that it matters.

Carry on.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ok... they cannot seriously have been fake-married... that is so far outside the realm of sanity... scientology is sane in comparison.

Ratrat

I have to admit, it's somewhat amusing reading threads like this while knowing which actors are or aren't gay. For some of them, and this has been mentioned in the thread, it's an "open secret." Not that it matters.

Carry on.
Do they engage in mass orgies at bath houses/sex clubs?

This is one of the most inappropriate places to talk about a Hollywood actor's (or any public official's) sexual orientation. it's tacky and a beach of trust.

Not really. Actors don't browse Neogaf, brah. There are plenty of other forums with more posters than post such a thing. It's just gossip.

I'm sick of the sexual shit. I want stories of assholedom, not who rich people fuck.

Ok... they cannot seriously have been fake-married... that is so far outside the realm of sanity... scientology is sane in comparison.

I don't think anyone sane believes that.
I do think that if it weren't for Scientology he would still be married to Nicole Kidman. His dyslexia as a kid combined with Scientology's hate for psychiatric drugs make his love for Scientology very understandable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom