• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider 1-3 Remastered Has Made $2 Million On Steam, Selling 82,000 Units

There's no reason to buy these remasters anymore with these pinups removed from the game.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

I still remember trying for over an hour to do that special dive into her pool which was supposed to show her nude for a few seconds.

DaGwaphics

Sounds low for a collection featuring Lara Croft, the most iconic video game character of all time..
Will Smith Reaction GIF

These games came during the ugly period for 3D, there's only so much a remaster like this can do. It's nice to see the update, but at the same time I'm not sure if I could play these games again now. LOL

And I loved them back in the day. I imagine a lot of other players feel the same.

Kenpachii

These games came during the ugly period for 3D, there's only so much a remaster like this can do. It's nice to see the update, but at the same time I'm not sure if I could play these games again now. LOL

And I loved them back in the day. I imagine a lot of other players feel the same.

Same here played them when i was a kid, can't deal with the horrid controls / layout of enviroments / combat at this point anymore.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I bought this just yesterday and at first was liking TR1 a lot.

Then I realized the controls are the “challenge” for this game. You’re fighting them the majority of the time for platforming and grabbing.

Does it get better with TR2 or 3? Is there a “best” one of these 3? Do I need to play all 3 to understand story beats?

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Same here played them when i was a kid, can't deal with the horrid controls / layout of enviroments / combat at this point anymore.

Yeah, if they were going to remake these (2 & 3), I wish they would have been more like Anniversary. That's a great game that keeps the traversal puzzles front and center but without the horrid controls.

Wildebeest

I bought this just yesterday and at first was liking TR1 a lot.

Then I realized the controls are the “challenge” for this game. You’re fighting them the majority of the time for platforming and grabbing.

Does it get better with TR2 or 3? Is there a “best” one of these 3? Do I need to play all 3 to understand story beats?
TR1 was already remade with anniversary which you can probably pick up for pennies, but TR2 is what a lot of people see as the best, and there is no version with more accessible controls.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
TR1 was already remade with anniversary which you can probably pick up for pennies, but TR2 is what a lot of people see as the best, and there is no version with more accessible controls.

I would argue the original controls were already the best and most accessible.

Gamerguy84

I might be confuses but there are original controller settings called tank controls and another one called modern.

I use modern and works better than any Rockstar game I've played.

DaGwaphics

The precise controls are still a big part of the appeal and satisfying gameplay for me. The games are so methodical and slow paced, always loved that about them.

Yeah, even though the controls aren't necessarily good, they are important to the platforming in the game. Not sure if the levels would work with a more free style of movement. It would require a complete redesign like they did with Anniversary.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Having paid for these games multiple times, I can't bring myself to pay more than $10-$15, holding out!

Top Bottom